Welcome to Defender, Robbie Cundy.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Following an impressive trial period, we're delighted to welcome defender Robbie Cundy to Meadow Lane!

• Like 6

• Robbie changed the title to Welcome to Defender, Robbie Cundy.

Supporter+

Welcome to Notts Robbie.

It's great to get another strong, tall and skilled defender.

Notts now have great squad  strength in the defensive area now.

• Like 1

Supporter+

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

As a club, I believe we’ve built him up a bit, but I have faith in our recruitment process. He’s had a few games in the Championship, a history of injuries, and spent a lot of time below the Football League. This is the kind of signing that you’re pleased to see become a valuable asset, that’s all I’m saying. I’m not particularly concerned about a player’s past, even though our club tends to hype up the fact that they’ve had a stint with bigger teams, as if the Championship label is supposed to signify something.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

Missed the whole of last season with a glute and hip injury, which apparently is the second time he has had it. Makes you think it is a degenerative condition as he said he’ll have to live with it.

I should add that I wish him well and could be an inspired choice if we can keep him fit.

Defence is now complete, Midfield and upfront now please Notts.

• Like 7

Supporter+

@Fozzy Looks like Notts are willing to take the risk on him. Might be something written into his one year contract, with reference to his past injuries, but we will wait and see 

He's a good player at this level so if he can stay injury free he will figure in the starting line up for sure.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

On paper he looks a good signing I sincerely hope his injury problems are behind him and he can become a regular in the Notts first team.

• Like 5

Supporter+

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

its a signing that makes me think he will be more of a cover type player or used in rotation as and when he is fit. its worth mentioning that some players reach their potential later on in their career and then the form comes with it. it is sad that he has injury problems, which seems to have hinder his career quite a lot.

i hope he can make an impact and that we can look after him, as if he gives strong performances then it is a gamble that outweighs his injury history.

welcome to notts robbie cundy.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

We have to hope this move works out and that he can deliver some good performances for us. Fingers crossed he stays injury-free, but if we keep adding depth, the squad should manage if injuries occur.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

Not going to lie but the fact he didn’t play at all last season does worry me and he had injury issues at Bristol City too. If he stays fit I think he’ll be a very good signing but at the same time it would be disappointing if he only managed a handful of games. Given their age and potential I was hopeful one of Kirk or Mnoga would’ve signed but I’ll trust the judgement of those that have seen them all in action. I just hope Cundy doesn’t spend most of the season on a treatment table!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

His injury problems maybe why he's only been given a one year contract. Listening to his interview he seems a confident lad and if he can stay injury free Notts seem to have signed another decent player at this level. Also remember a Certain Jodi Jones came to the Lane, with a not so good Fitness history and he turned out Pretty Good.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

To be honest, I’m not overly impressed with the signing. If he stays injury-free and can compete with the starting centre backs, then I might have to reconsider my initial opinion. However, this seems like a squad player signing, which makes me lean towards signing a young, upcoming, injury-free player. I do hope he settles in and performs well.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We can only hope he can manage to stay fit and showcase the best of his ability.

That said, I have seen a lot of criticism about his pre-season performances and how disinterested some of our fans are with the signing. I am more inclined to reserve judgement, as you get those who are doubtful or extremely negative - then people who leap overpraise.

I do think on paper, he looks more like a cover and squad member signing. Yet, I haven't see him play and he may settle with us. Notts has worked well with players in recent years who have had injury issues.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  862
  • Days Won:  1

To be frank, the signing seems quite ordinary. Given the depth of talent brought in during the transfer window, it’s hard to see how he’ll get a chance to play. His injury history and lack of football are concerning. The decision to sign him appears risky. Can we really afford to have a player sit out the season if the worst happens? It’s a bit disappointing, but I hope this feeling will fade once we see Robbie Cundy in action. I sincerely hope he turns out to be a good signing.

Supporter+

@thommo

Cundy playing against Boston tonight.