Riots

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I find it all really depressing watching the pictures on the news, I’ve had to stop watching it, it makes me terribly sad to see those people fighting, throwing things at police, some of them just children, what’s happening to this country?

A lot of blame must go to right wing politicians, newspapers like the daily Mail and social media for demonising immigrants but it won’t be the politicians or newspaper editors who go to prison it’ll be their foot soldiers the knuckle dragging morons who are devoid of any intelligence and are whipped up into a frenzy by the likes of Farage, Lee Anderson and the Daily Mail.

God help us all.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Entirely predictable. 

Whilst I don't support the message in general, especially not the far right knuckle draggers who have utilised the demonstrations for their own purpose, there is a clear underlying problem.

Again, the government will refuse to try and address the concerns, brand everybody far right bigots and this will occur again and again with increased amplitude.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Perhaps, we should drop this 'me' and self-entitled attitude that seems to have been widely adopted and start putting what is best for our nation first-and-foremost? Political correctness should do one to some extent as well. This only encourages a culture of complaining or protesting.

90% of it could just be avoided.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Paul Mason. (Previous) Political affiliations...Workers power...ideology: Trotskyism. Self described Marxist.

Always have to be wary when the far left oppose the far right or vice versa. Two peas in a pod.

• Like 2

Supporter+

As this topic has turned political I’ve moved it into this new section of the forum, feel free to continue the debate.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

It doesn’t help that the police aren’t tackling crime enough. Some people aren’t afraid because they know there are things the police just won’t bother with. The worst thing is offenders thinking they can get away with it, knowing they might not face punishment.

The riots are just troublemakers trying to cause chaos. It doesn’t help make the United Kingdom better.

All it does is feed into the belief that crime goes unpunished. How many of these troublemakers will actually face consequences? Even community service seems like a joke these days.

• Love 3

Supporter+

• Love 3

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

it annoys me greatly by destroying things in an excuse to riot, it just grinds me. i watched some security guards stood out side a jd sports store attacked on facebook. its wrong.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Piethagoram I agree entirely with that, the just stop oil protestors were very harshly dealt with. However I am pleased to see the rioters getting swiftly dealt with I think the sight of their buddies being hauled up into court and jailed days after the troubles discouraged more riots. I’m also glad to see people who make racist comments or incite violence on line being charged.

What we need now is for people like Farage, Tommy Robinson and Lee Anderson being held to account.

• Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t like how the media portrays peaceful protesters as rioters and makes it seem like they’re all 14 to 18 years old. From the videos I’ve seen, most of them look more like 18 to 22 year olds.