Excellent article on Notts v Accrington by Tom Reed

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Worthy of highlighting on its own

Edited by Chris
Apologise, I merged two topics together and it changed the title (which I didn't mean to do)
  • Like 3
  • Love 9

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a good read, which highlights how good things are right now at Notts County. Meadow Lane glows in the writing as somewhere people can truly enjoy watching football, and for me, I think this reflects on the gate attendances.

Every game I am meeting someone new who tells me that they have decided to come because they are not able to watch much football.

The spirit amongst our fans is captivating, and the football is the icing on the cake. I met a bloke who told me he had travelled from Newcastle this past Saturday, with a very thick Geordie accent. He told me that he's a Newcastle fan, but has found travelling to watch other clubs more interesting. Even this week's "Opposition View", highlights how lower tier football is attracting fans from the top clubs.

Tom Reed did well highlighting why fans feel more connected to a club like Notts, rather than Newcastle United's or Arsenal's. Football really should be about the fans, clubs should treat every fan the way we treat our clubs.

• Love 11

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's a good advert for Notts, and excellently written. I am confident that neutral visitors will thoroughly enjoy their experience at Meadow Lane. If we just look at the attendances they are up, and I have heard fans on match days say how they are now able to bring their mates now that there are plenty of options to have a drink before the game.

The Terrace Edition actually seems like a very good site, I can imagine it falling down the likes of @DangerousSausage's alley.

WWW.TERRACEEDITION.COM

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

Tom Reed’s article in Terrace Edition is a fantastic read. It beautifully captures the essence of Notts County, blending tradition with modernism. The creation of “The Nest” is a brilliant initiative, enhancing fan culture and engagement. The club’s commitment to the local community and its data-driven approach to player success are commendable. The description of the KOP stand’s unique atmosphere adds to the charm. Tom has done an excellent job highlighting the club’s values and vision.

• Love 10

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I completely agree with Tom Reed's article, it's a cracking read that captures the spirit of our club perfectly. The way he writes about Meadow Lane and our fans is spot on, it's a place where people can truly enjoy watching football.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Tom Reed's article was a very good & interesting read. I was particularly struck by him talking about the club's past and linking it to today.

It is clear that the oldest professional Club is still a leading Innovator in football circles. 

You only have to look at the Nest, the new pitch, & the work done to improve the utilities at the ground, to see that Notts are one of the clubs leading the field in enhancing spectator comfort & enjoyment.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Chris changed the title to Excellent article on Notts v Accrington by Tom Reed

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The article has done the rounds around our club, so I hope Tom Reed is pleased by the response. It's a great article, which showcases what it's like at Notts and Meadow Lane.

I do find the Terrace Edition to be a very interesting read, as it's got it's own style and focus.

Tom did an excellent job putting his thoughts over, hopefully, he will like the comments shared but I do encourage people to check out the site itself, plus their social media pages.

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

1,687 Followers, 1,432 Following, 475 Posts - Terrace Edition (@terraceedition) on Instagram: "Football fans telling terrace culture stories in words and images. Online /// In Print Issue 3 now on...

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Every time I step into Meadow Lane, I feel a sense of pride. The history of Notts County runs deep, and it’s wonderful to see that celebrated while also embracing modern football. The Nest is a fantastic addition, allowing fans to gather and enjoy the atmosphere before matches. Plus, the food options are a breath of fresh air compared to the usual fare. It’s about time we had something decent to eat while supporting our team!

Brilliant read!!

• Love 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

The recent changes at Notts County have really transformed the matchday experience. From the friendly stewards to the vibrant atmosphere in The Nest, it feels like a celebration of football every time we play.

I love how the club is not just about the game but also about creating a community. The food options have improved so much, and it’s great to see fans coming together to enjoy a pint and a chat before the match. It’s moments like these that remind me why I love this club so much.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  1

I think Tom’s article captures what it’s like to be a Notts supporter right now. Meadow Lane is a much livelier place now, so I commend him for pointing it out.

The club’s commitment to the local community is commendable. Initiatives like keeping the Portland Centre open show that Notts County cares about more than just football. It’s about making a difference in people’s lives.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve been a fan for years, and I can honestly say that the vibe at Meadow Lane has never been better. The improvements around the ground and the focus on fan experience really show that the club is moving in the right direction.

• Love 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

It's just excellent! There’s something truly special about being part of the Notts County family. The blend of old-school charm and new ideas at Meadow Lane creates a unique atmosphere that’s hard to find elsewhere. The stewards are friendly, and the fans genuinely care about each other. I remember my first game; I felt welcomed right away. It’s a place where generations come together, sharing stories and cheers. The nostalgia of the terraces mixed with the modern comforts makes every matchday a memorable experience. I hope the club continues to grow and thrive while keeping that community spirit alive.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

its a good read, i like that people are seeing meadow lane as a good place to go. it shows floating and casual fans that there is more than just the football being played but the social side to it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It’s a very good read, with excellent pictures of Meadow Lane. The recent match was brilliant! Seeing David McGoldrick score was a highlight, especially since he came through our youth system. It’s moments like these that remind you why you support this club. The crowd was electric, and the camaraderie among fans just made it all the more enjoyable. I can’t wait for the next game!

• Like 1