Chesterfield vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Chesterfield are doing very well at the moment, they're scoring for fun and are doing pretty well for newboys in this league. At the start of the season, I would have predicted them to finish around 10th and so currently finding themselves inside the playoffs is something their own fans must be very excited about.

That said, I just can't imagine them being in the Championship.

I don't expect Notts to get anything here, I think a draw would be a good result. I always hope we can win, though I don't see it. We always stand a chance at getting something, I just see them being able to break us.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

Promoted clubs often get off to a flying start I think they'll finish mid table.A draw for Notts at this stage of the season will be a good result.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Chesterfield are flying. Eoin Doyle is certainly going to test our excellent defensive record. Our style works better away from home so we have a decent chance but.......

1-0 to them. Doyle with the winner.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i see us winning, not many chances mind but i do have a feeling we will get a late goal to avoid drawing 1-1.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

I think we could do with a win, but would be happy with anything other than a loss to be honest. 1-1 I'll go with.

It's good news to hear Blair Adams is ready to come back, hopefully he can play like he hasn't been missing.

I would give Haynes another run, if the wing don't work. Adjust him to partner upfront! I hope the lads go there and play with conviction.

adams being back is a big plus for us, i hope dumbuya is able to play. give curtis a chance on the wing, get him running and putting crosses in!

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I reckon we'll finish up with another draw, on the Blair Adams return if he does come straight back into the team it makes a mockery of what SD is telling the fans in his interviews re if your playing well then the shirt is yours etc etc, Jordan Cranston has done everything asked of him since he came into the club and to be dropped like a stone in a pond isn't very clever in my opinion, if it does happen that way.

Going with the SD interview on MP whilst I agree that there first job was to make us defensively sound (they've definitely done that!!) he cannot expect fans to pay to watch aimless hoof ball every game, for me hardly any fans expect us to be play off contenders etc but I'm equally certain that most fans just want to see us try to actually score a goal through our own endeavours not a mistake due to concussion from repititive headering from the opposing defenders

Can Jordan play on the right?

I wouldn't risk Dumbuya if he is fit myself, we can't risk him becoming injured due to lack of cover now that Kyle Dixon's gone out on loan. I think Jordan's done well, though so did Adams before his injury. It's a hard call, so Derry will have to reflect on it but I would consider seeing if Jordan can play as right back. We have the same problem when Mullins is ready to return.

Can Jordan play on the right?

I wouldn't risk Dumbuya if he is fit myself, we can't risk him becoming injured due to lack of cover now that Kyle Dixon's gone out on loan. I think Jordan's done well, though so did Adams before his injury. It's a hard call, so Derry will have to reflect on it but I would consider seeing if Jordan can play as right back. We have the same problem when Mullins is ready to return.

This is my point though Joe, what SD has been saying is that if you get your chance & take it then the shirt is yours but this has been evidently the opposite already this year.

I really like SD & GA but he (SD) really needs to learn what not to say as for me it's quite obvious he has his preferred starting 11 

That is a point, I forget the amount of times he said at the end of last year and the start of the new season (actually within the season too), that he would have a squad and not a starting 11.

I suppose we will have a starting 11, I think that's quite natural but we don't have the depth of squad quite clearly.

Yet compared to other managers, I find Derry to be quite refreshing personally.

I think it is only natural for them to have what they believe is their strongest 11 but how are they to ever truly know the depth of the squad if they only ever play the same 11?

Personally I find them both really refreshing but I do like the directness of GA, maybe that's the effect of living in Surrey.....

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Hoping to see Adams - not seen him yet.

Somehow fancy we'll sneak this one, despite the questionable home performances.

Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeees.

i only want one Derbyshire team winning today,so come on Notts.

I arrived pretty early, didn't realise the time.

8e037b116e39d5ff5add07c636ef2a5f.jpg

Quite a nice ground, the pub we're in is friendly and cheap. I'm starting to get a positive feeling we may get something! Mind you, a chesterfield fan tried convincing me they're not playing well and Doyle is no threat!!

b2ad74b49dcbf47afc4299643a3cd556.jpg

05e96a0c0bfd55deb275c69ded220353.jpg

Really nice ground, no complaints about the Stewards. People had me thinking a prison would have been nicer!

67379112aa269e8272657f7d6b9ceda6.jpg

be5882f5c56620798050075f6904ff26.jpg

Okay game, lively and both teams wanted to win. Roy Carroll played brilliantly, without him I think we would have struggled.

Fans made some noise, good atmosphere.

As I believe the match reporter for the official site is either on acid or prosac, thinking about it probably both....

Can anyone give me an appraisal of the each half as listening to the second half (I was shopping with my daughter for some some new boots for her for the first half and only reading the sporadic bbc text service of the game) we were again defending deep etc etc, having said that Nicky Wroe sounded like he actually tried to pass the ball with some decent results & yet again Shaun Harrad made a difference when he came on and actually gave their defenders something to think about.

First half we started off very brightly, it was very positive from us but we looked very shaky in defence early on. They didn't look special but dangerous when they ran at us and whereas we coped with their threats, we offered little as a way of dealing with them. We had a spell where we looked like the much better side, nearly scoring a second and a close chance after.

They came back at us, nothing special but they tested Roy's awarness. Majority of their efforts failed to trouble him.

The game sort of became stale towards half time, enjoyable and lively but nothing greatly to impress.

Second half they started better and tried to pressure us which they did, I thought they would score a few to be honest. Yet Roy was always in the right position or the defence closed them down! Roy always seemed to catch the ball!

Some very mistimed challenges came from some of our boys, their players wanted red (each time) and they sort of made a meal out of any challenge. Once we introduced a second striker, things swung in our favour where Noble struck the ball forcing the keeper to make a great save! Then Thompson clashed one, no real conviction. Towards the end of the game, it was all Chesterfield and they could have easily pinched it.

To be fair, a draw is the right result.

for me the key times we need to keep our foots on the accelerate, we did not.

neither controlled the game but i have to be honest, i think chesterfield played more as a team. i am pleased and happy to see the squad was determined here, we need to see the same at all home games.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Hey folks! The Match Report for the Chesterfield v Notts County game is up. Please have a read and leave some comments at the bottom! 

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/reports/chesterfield-1-1-notts-county-r333

• Content Count:  486

Enjoyed today - solid, gutsy display.

Wroe gave us some balance & composure and Harrad sharpened up the front line, yet again.

Liked Adams but he is better going forwards than defending IMO. Terrific goal, great shot against the post, much more of a threat than Cassidy.

Ismail disappointed me again. Hugely ineffective performance from him.

Overall, the grit and determination was more impressive than the finesse but we are a work in progress.

Enjoyed today - solid, gutsy display.

Wroe gave us some balance & composure and Harrad sharpened up the front line, yet again.

Liked Adams but he is better going forwards than defending IMO. Terrific goal, great shot against the post, much more of a threat than Cassidy.

Ismail disappointed me again. Hugely ineffective performance from him.

Overall, the grit and determination was more impressive than the finesse but we are a work in progress.

'A work in progress'-exactly.Notts appear to me to be a side that doesn't let teams roll them over(like last season)Just need to develop more goal threats.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

One more point gained!

Match Highlights

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xBmcuCsYM

Adams looks pretty useful as a winger, this might resolve the Jordan debate. Yet I don't know why he didn't start yesterday? He didn't right, he was a sub correct?

Archived