Jack Grealish

Chris

Should he move to Chelsea, sign with Villa or perhaps track a move to somewhere else?

I personally hope that he doesn't sign for Chelsea, I think he would break into the team if he did. Yet I think it would take some time, whereas he's on the verge with Villa. If he did sign for Chelsea, I honestly see them getting rid of him after a few years no matter how good he performs, they have a tendency to always want some "new star" and the left midfield position as never been a good area for British/Irish people.

I'd stay with Villa, unless a team like Stoke, Hull came in for him.

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
Supporter+

I reckon he should come back to us. :rolleyes:

I hope Aston Villa realize how lucky they're here, it the best place for his development (at least I feel so) but they need to be playing him more. He should start, I'm not being biased. When he comes on he retains the ball, passes and makes Villa appear a totally different side.

I watched them whilst on holiday and they looked very poor until HE came on.

Great news!

You might have felt the Chelsea was a little early, yes promise but what would they offer him?

If he does not start much at villa, perhaps a four year deal by extending his stay would be best? I highly rate the lad as much as the next notts fan. Yet hes got all this pressure and i for one think he needs a bit of stability. No doubt he will go far, if Chelsea want him they will need to cough up several millions now and in fairness, a squad is most likely to play a player who they signed for say 7million upwards.

We see so many young prospects leaving teams for 5 million to have their developed stop dead in its tracks.

Good decision by Jack.

Villa is the perfect fit for the lad.  He'll soon be a regular and the fact that he is a Villa fan born and raised means that he'll want to give them 100%.  He also seemed like a grounded guy when he was at Notts, and I don't think he will be someone who just follows the money for short term gain.

Villa is the perfect fit for the lad.  He'll soon be a regular and the fact that he is a Villa fan born and raised means that he'll want to give them 100%.  He also seemed like a grounded guy when he was at Notts, and I don't think he will be someone who just follows the money for short term gain.

Grounded but very pampered, yet still a very good lad.

Image with players from the premiership is more important than you would think but he gave 100%, he did very well for us when we had very few people working hard. It's good to see the lad managing to get a good deal with a club which in my opinion dont realize how fortunate they are to have him.

That lad will go far whatever team he plays for.

Aston Villa rejected a loan deal from Nottingham Forest.

I am pleased because I would hate seeing him succeed their, as whatever he did would always tried to out-clips what he did with us. Helping a side avoid the drop would be something I'd be proud to have on my footballing CV and I bet Jack would prefer to keep focused on Villa's starting 11.

Agreed with all of the above. Too good for them anyway!!!

As an aside, look at the games played points gained for them who shall not be named. Then compare to our league played and points. So much for their automatic push so.far when their beaten by their lowly neighbours in the points tally.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived