Notts County vs Chesterfield

Chris

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

Hollis can hardly be held at fault, the only thing he could've sone was clear the ball away from their man, but if he's left footed there isn't much in it, fine lines with the deflection too.

I have to say the ref made some silly decisions but was not the worst referee we've had this season by far.

I think in terms of the team we aren't far from kicking away from this bad run of form, seeing as we had a great first 60 odd minutes and were coming back into the game (just not fast enough for an equaliser) after they scored. This sounds like a massive kick up the backside from Derry & co after Oldham.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

There was one ray of light today. I won the signed picture of Roy for my question in the programme today. Could someone post a photo of it if they don't mind please?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

A good first half from Notts we were unlucky with a couple of good chances Bajner missed when it looked easier to score.

Second half we didn't compete at all, Hollis wasn't at fault for the goal it was a freak goal. Why are we still playing one up front at home? Please Shaun let's go 4-4-2 and attack.

Someone behind the dugouts shouted "this defensive stuff is crap, get attacking" Shaun turned round and had an altercation with him telling him to shut up. Not very professional of Shaun he needs to keep the fans on his side.

Carroll was booked yet again what is the point of getting booked after the game for gods sake? He was on radio before the match saying he should learn not to talk back to the ref, fine words Roy but please put it into practice.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

Notts was not together even in the first half but on the basis of appearances we did look better.

Frustrating more than anything because we could have had a point. I was not impressed by the football on offer and for a local derby, it really lacked any spirit. Chesterfield's fans only sang once they had scored, at least anything remotely supportive towards their side that is.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Great to meet you finally @notts -joe. Game of two halves for me, great play first half only a goal could have made it better. SDs team talk must of been poor at half time as the difference was amazing. Goal was a fluke and Chesterfield didn't deserve the points

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Disappointed again. Becoming a regular thing now though. Hollis played badly, but I'll be honest and say he was no worse than Mullins. Can see these two bringing us down rapidly. Shame as back end of last year they looked liked a superb partnership. Now they both look vulnerable.

Derry really nee d s to get his act together with his behaviour. Everyone likes passion, but both him and GA are becoming very repetitive with their touchline antics. Maybe a more calculated approach occasionally would help.

Must be difficult coming off a great career on the field, but he needs to lead by example as our on field discipline is pretty disgusting at the moment. Brings back memories of the Short era with so many ill disciplined bookings.

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Disappointed again. Becoming a regular thing now though. Hollis played badly, but I'll be honest and say he was no worse than Mullins. Can see these two bringing us down rapidly. Shame as back end of last year they looked liked a superb partnership. Now they both look vulnerable.

Derry really nee d s to get his act together with his behaviour. Everyone likes passion, but both him and GA are becoming very repetitive with their touchline antics. Maybe a more calculated approach occasionally would help.

Must be difficult coming off a great career on the field, but he needs to lead by example as our on field discipline is pretty disgusting at the moment. Brings back memories of the Short era w ith so many ill disciplined bookings.

I absolutely agree, Shaun should set an example to his players.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Having listened to the two post match interviews I genuinely am impressed by the care for the club that is coursing through SD & HM veins, I really really hope that SD & GA are here for a very long time, even if we got relegated (which I don't think we will) we have got that very very rare thing in football, true care & passion.

Yes we are shyte at the minute and yes some of the players clearly aren't good enough and YES he has & will continue to make mistakes but who wold you rather have? SD & GA or KC, CK, PI etc etc etc

We will get there soon & I for one can't wait for it to happen

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

As i thought... we lost, but less goals than most people predicted. Not the greatest of games.

I hope we can get back to our form last year sooner rather than later.

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

free falling county, played okay but lost the confidence. something really needs to be done and i dont think it should be derry leaving!

the players need to realize how they are letting the club down. if they had played well, it would be fair enough but to lose like we did yesterday it makes it harder to accept. yes a fluke goal but where was the response?

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

well i know its post match but I'm really disappointed we lost with a win the play offs would have loomed large i thought we didn't play bad at all. 

i know we lost but sometimes u find out more bout the team if u loose 

• Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

I think we learned that Curtis Thompson and Blair Adams are undroppable at the moment in their positions, even if Cranston is at a similar level to Adams. I think if Smith keeps his cool like he did yesterday he will do well in that holding role, and will offer more physically than Gary Jones (who has better decision making for passing) therefore I would like to see Smith in the side when we need to be more physical (e.g away from home) and Jones when we need flair and vision (e.g at home)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

Going by the highlights Notts could have scored twice in the 1st half.This would have been a massive confidence boost,Then a fluke goal.Very disappointing.Agree with comments regarding self discipline.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Guys i can't help notice there is a lot of negativity following the game. I know we lost and everyone is get frustrated and angry but as fans if we dont stick together and push the team things will only get worse. I would love to see notts county riding high but sometimes u have to go to hell to appreciate paradise.

Please don't take this has a hit against anyone its my opinion.

Archived