Fleetwood Town vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Despite them doing better than us, having probably a stronger unit and confidence to match. I think we can go there and win provided we play smooth passing forward which actually supports whoever is on the ball, this of course includes Bajner. I fail to see how he will score when he gets 3 defenders quickly on top of him.

I mean he does well but his chances will always be limited and we can't rely on set pieces.

Fleetwood do have many cracks within their play, as do we but the good signs are for us we are improving. The defence looked better against Sheffield United (Not good enough still) but we actually marked and put in challenges.

If we prevent Fleetwood from running at us (same can be said for any side) we could easily go back to drawing games.

I just wonder where the fire power comes from and for me, we need to be calling upon these players who have go A.W.O.L or unheard of. Either stick Bajner upfront with Murray or G Thompson.

I think the game will be a draw myself, I fear us losing but confidence is our play would prevent that. 1-1 from me...

What are your thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

We need to keep on improving.If we can follow on from the last match with a bit of luck and no silly mistakes a 1-1 daw  or better is possible.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

I'd like to see Ronan start, playing of #NoParty getting some runs in behind their Centre backs

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes I agree with starting Murray and Bajner, the "big man, little man" combination could work I don't think Shaun has tried this for any length of time in a match.

Lets put two up front and go at them, if we do this I believe we could win, if not we will either draw or lose.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

I think we should win this game.

Shaun Derry mentioned that 'Fleetwood is a fairy tale story' - or words to that affect. I don't see how it is. A club with 2k fans being pushed up the leagues with a wealthy owner? Not quite fairy-tale, is it? 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I think we should win this game.

Shaun Derry mentioned that 'Fleetwood is a fairy tale story' - or words to that affect. I don't see how it is. A club with 2k fans being pushed up the leagues with a wealthy owner? Not quite fairy-tale, is it? 

You're right there. And not just because I'd get depressed losing to a team gubbed 5-1 away by Retford United only a few years ago (and that wasn't even a surprise).

Having said that, they have a player, Nathan Pond, who has played for them since their days in the North-West Counties League. It's certainly a fairytale for him.

I just hoping you all can report positive news, I'm off out shortly to be cheered up by my little rascals and my portable (MP3 size) DAB radio isn't charged - so I will be going cold turkey today.

Anything but a loss here, we need to make sure we avoid defeat at all costs!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck Notts.

Supporter+

1-0 Thompson, COME ON NOTTS!

People don't seem happy on Twitter or FB, having seen we lead the game it does seem disappointing. The defence seems to be the reason for today and many other games but let's hope we can respond in our next game.

Supporter+

Very disappointing to say the least. We sounded good at first when we scored but faded badly and then we couldn't even get a goal when they went down to 10 men in spite of 12 corners.

I hope we can stop the rot and soon otherwise there is only one way we are going.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

I'll let you know after the Rochdale game. At the moment - it ain't looking good!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think the Vale game will be a big turning point. We either win and confidence returns or we lose and the fans begin to turn on SD and GA.

Unfortunately, I can only see one result and it ain't good.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Not sure what happened to the post I made yesterday after the game...

I fear the worst, Finally... I hope I am wrong but my prediction of 10-12th place finish is really looking ambitious and nothing like realistic..

Against vale we need a result, or as hissing sid has said, attitudes towards the management could well become really frosty!

It may be a blessing if the box has soundproofed windows...

Supporter+

It's always hard listening to the radio to try and pick up a true idea of how Notts played but listening to people who actually went to the game and who's opinion I value it sounds as if it was a good performance by Notts and one which on another day would have gained 3 points and a bagful of goals, apparently there were lots of positives, let's hope that Notts can put on a performance next Saturday and get a win that we need.

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

deflated and concerned, i do not see it getting easier but i do believe in Derry and that we will be okay. poor defeat this. :(

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Despite losing, I'm glad I went to Fleetwood and It's a ground I've not been to before. Started off well and once we took the lead, I felt we could easily get 3 points. I don't think Fleetwood were anything special but they defended well and we didn't take our chances. I'm Starting to feel that Mullins isn't giving it his all, unlike Carroll with his do or die attitude! It's disappointing that we don't defend better and that appears to be the weakness in the team. I'm not sure where our next points will come from especially if we continue to play one up front when we play at Meadow Lane!! I can't believe we are heading towards a relegation fight again and 3 points at Fleetwood would have helped enormously to ease our worries and build confidence.

Archived