Brentford V Notts

super_ram

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Another difficult match.Again one where a draw would normally be seen as a good result but 3 points are needed today to keep any hopes of a playoff place alive.It will also be a pointer to how CK is progressing,Meanwhile The Rams play completely different opposition this evening in Bristol City and here 3 points are expected,Good luck all.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Just been listening to the first half on BBC Radio Nottingham. Gutted for Bart, he's a top top keeper and an uncharacteristic howler, statistically, had to come at some point (Peter Schmeichel himself made a few during his career) but we're just unable to respond. Same old story... whenever we break into the opposition half, we just can't threaten the goal. I've mentally given up on what little glimmer of hope there was for the play-offs. We're playing for pride and consolidation now, we may as well just use the youngsters now, get scouting and ensure we have a team which is competent enough on all fronts and push for promotion!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Wish we'd stop playing one up front. Very negative! Congratulations to Pilks on his 150th appearance for Notts.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Brentford 2-1 Notts County FT

Went 2-0 down, got one back when Alan Judge slotted home the rebound after JCR's penalty had been saved. For the last 20 minutes of the game we proved we could cause them problems while Enoch, Arquinn and Zoko were all on together with Boucaud, Bishop and Judgey all pushing forwards aswel. Shame we had to wait till we were 2-0 down with little chance of getting anything from the game before we started having a go. You do wonder what might have been if we had that prolific striker but what can we do? We're not really in a position to pay big bucks, and thats the only way of getting such a player.

Id like to think we'd really take the game to Yeovil on Monday. Other people on here who see us regularly are better placed to comment than me but the way I see it this season we've lot our opposition settle into games far too comfortably especially at Meadow Lane. We need to make them nervous early on, dont give them time on the ball, dont let them settle, get into them!

No disgrace in losing to Brentford though, they're easily one of the best sides in the league and particularly at Griffin Park - theres no disgrace in losing to them.

Lastly, congratulations to goalkeeping coach Kevin Pilkington on making his 150th appearance for the club today. Bartosz had a bit of a howler for the first goal and was subbed at half time as he was ill and had apparently been 'touch and go' in the build up to the game. Hopefully he'll be OK for Mondays game.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Pilks was on the bench? hehe.. I wished I had gone just to see that.

I sort of feel like I'm letting the community down, I've been a bit down recently and sort of haven't yet found my feet but I will be back as per normal. Really annoys me I had to go out and missed listening to the game, even more so by the fact I was concerned about a match thread! I wasn't sure it would have been posted and I should make sure even when I don't feel myself.

Can't really comment on the game right now, I know very little.

Apart from Bart being unwell and making a mistake, I just hope people give him this one because if he can come back stronger from being ill, well he'd be more of benefit than he would being ripped apart for a mistake which happens to the best of us. I've dropped plates at work in the past, I got on with my job and made sure not to repeat it. I'm sure Bart's fine! Hope he plays on Monday :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

........and to think other results went in our favour again today. Oh well looks like only a couple of new grounds to go to next season.

........and to think other results went in our favour again today. Oh well looks like only a couple of new grounds to go to next season.

Will be making sure I visit my share of them, all will be new to me but hopefully a brighter season. If other things go in our way, there's no reason why Chris can't be successful for us and I hope a couple of players in, some out will make great improvements to our squad. I'll echo Muddy's comment, which is one that bugs me. Drop the 1 striker!! Unless he plays Zoko or another two optional players who can drop to the wing or accompany the striker. It just doesn't work having a holding midfield, it makes us flat and unattractive going forward. (it can work) but too much to tinker with in my opinion. Also, 3 at the back, Horrible but we should be going back to basics.

Shame, I hoped Chris would come away with the points but he has my support. (even if we do see the above formation)

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

Pity Bart wasn't unwell last week!!!

Pity Bart wasn't unwell last week!!!

Lol.. I wished he wasn't tonight but might not of made much difference, plus Kevin 'Pilks' go his 150 appearance. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

no doubt bart will be back and fighting for his usual performance. notts just did not do it and we sounded strong for 20 mins. could have been different on a different day. hope monday is!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I'm sure Bart will be back in it again soon, we all had

Both teams played ok today, but Brentford got the 3 points this time around.

3 points down, more games to focus on.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

So near yet so far!

• Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

ust been listening to the first half on BBC Radio Nottingham. Gutted for Bart, he's a top top keeper and an uncharacteristic howler, statistically, had to come at some point (Peter Schmeichel himself made a few during his career) but we're just unable to respond. Same old story... whenever we break into the opposition half, we just can't threaten the goal. I've mentally given up on what little glimmer of hope there was for the play-offs. We're playing for pride and consolidation now, we may as well just use the youngsters now, get scouting and ensure we have a team which is competent enough on all fronts and push for promotion!

He sure did! Fabien Barthez he made several howlers also.

Its a shame the season has not gone to plan, promotion would of meant so much but you can move forward. If resources limit your budget, youngsters is the way to go. Better luck of Monday!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

Very slow game, Brentford played very sharpe chrisp football and for the majority of the game shown some class. The passing we made looked like we needed a jigsaw puzzle part to complete the moves, easily over 20+ minutes we out played them and when Zoko, and Arquin linked up with the tall player whom I forget we looked a much different side.

Hope Monday is a better day for all involved. 

• Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

:( bad game...I think there are no many chances for the play offs at this point

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm the same as Joe really, I didn't get chance to listen to the game as I was doing things with the family. It is quite unusual for me I usually work the family around Notts but in this instance we were seeing our grandchildren and because their Dad isn't around any more we don't get to see them very often so we have to make the most of it when we do.

As for the game I can only go on what I have heard since. I feel sorry for Bart he has been our saviour in the past and he was due a howler and especially since he was ill. It also sounds a bit like "same old, same old" as Notts played one up front until we were 2-0 down and then we started to play but too late.

Oh well, lets see what today's game brings. COYP.

Archived