Kudus Oyenuga

Joe Jones

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

So former Tottenham Hotspur academy player Kudus Oyenuga is being linked with Notts County. He's just 22 years old and is already quite well travelled in terms of clubs played, having played for Finnish outfit MyPa and a number of clubs in England and Scotland. His most prolific spell was for Hayes & Yeading, scoring 18 goals in 40 games. His last club was Cowdenbeath FC in Scottish League One, where he bagged five in 17, and is now a free agent.

What do you think about the possibility of him being signed by Notts? Given that he's young, could Moniz turn him into a gem or is his record tainted by the clubs he's played for and the relative poor turnover of goals?

Let's get some opinions and thoughts!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's a good player, certainly one which fits the bill I have been speaking about.

I think the right club could help him and get the best out of him, he's played for clubs which haven't really had the service or quality, so if we build the way in which we are I think he would be a good asset to our club.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

No idea who he is but I think it's the player the Post said used to partner Harry Kane, like that means anything.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Hayes and Yeading is his level. Maybe lower level Scottish football. We can do better and we have... Jon Stead.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

This lad has his whole career ahead of him, I have no idea if he is any good but I am sure Moniz will get the best out of whoever he brings in I am sure.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I have nothing against giving players like this a try if they impress, it's up to the management to identify talent. However, with Stead, Spencer, Murray, Daniels and Bishop already on the books, plus a "Championship striker" we've apparently offered a contract to, first team opportunities may be limited. Unless of course we release a couple of those.

I still think at 22, it's hard to judge a player by the teams he's played at. Records mean very little, if a manager can see potential and work on that - you will get the best out of that player eventually. Also, it helps if you settle and have quality behind you.

It will be interesting to see where Kudus Oyenuga ends up.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I do feel some hang onto records, its only really a guide for players over a certain age IMO. Those with a proven record to sort of speak.

• Content Count:  33

Ricardo had the player when he was at Tottenham.  Yes he seems to have lost his way a bit but we have had him in on trial and he will be one we will be signing for the future.  Ricardo will be working lot with the 3 youngsters we are signing, hoping to bring them to a level to slot straight into the first team.  you heard this here first

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

if he signs for somewhere like mansfield and scores, some will be saying how they backed him all along. i have no idea what he could bring to the club but as people say, in moniz we trust.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

He has signed for Hartlepool

He probably has better first team prospects there. Oh well, there are other fish in the sea.

• Content Count:  125

With the players that are coming in i don't think he would of has much first team football here at Notts, probably for the best for his sake.

Plenty of fish in the sea, no real loss.

I will get updates from Hartlepool fans on his progress, hopefully it's not a lost opportunity but the correct decision for both.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Hopefully we can give him a very nice hammering for Christmas

Archived