Ricardo Moniz: 'ashamed' by defeat at Oxford

Chris

Ricardo Moniz: 'ashamed' by defeat at Oxford.

"I am responsible for this but the defence has to be responsible and we all have to be responsible ourselves. It's a big shame.

At Gillingham last season we did what we could, but now we did not do that, that's the biggest disappointment. I will hold myself responsible and want to protect the players, but today I was absolutely ashamed - all the consequences are for me".

Do you feel it's time Moniz spoke to certain players about their performances? What do you make of our managers comments?

Lets discuss this on PON....

Supporter+

Ashamed is too strong a word. It's not as if they stuck 2 fingers up to the fans or something. Disgusted would be a better choice of words. 

The defence is responsible for themselves, until they step up and accept their own mistakes I think it's likely to continue.

I do not remotely blame Ricardo at all.

He selects the squad, they should repay him for having the faith in their abilities and for me some of the defenders are being very naive about how tough this division actually is. 

Ashamed is too strong a word. It's not as if they stuck 2 fingers up to the fans or something. Disgusted would be a better choice of words. 

he is still learning english i guess with it being a second language to him, i think when hes interviewed he muddles his words. i actually like his honesty but i dont think he should solely blame himself. 

Guest gtownjohnno

Its pretty obvious what the problem is......the players that have been recruited are not of the required standard for league2......i dont mean just a couple of them i mean ALL OF THEM....even jon stead.Last night he couldnt contol the ball pass it head it and certainly didnt look very dangerous.....as for jenner he should have stayed in retirement hes well past his sell by date.....

Each time we play, you just feel Notts are weak in certain areas and nothing is being done about it. The club was quick to suck up the first two wins but now we have lost twice in the League! it's not acceptable for a promotion chasing club, especially back to back.

I totally blame Moniz and his coaching staff! He's had the opportunity to put right our sloppy defending problems by signing the right players for the job with a decent budget. Losing at home to Mansfield and away to Oxford suggests we have big problems at the back!! Failing to secure the signature of a proven goal scorer and so far a lack of goals from the strike force suggests they've messed that up as well. It's up to Moniz to get it right for Saturday. We should be beating teams like Accrington at home. We might not win at Villa but they should be giving it everything to make the fans feel proud of their team!!

I think quite a few of them should have had a long hard look in the Mirror  following Mansfield and Oxford...

Good enough or not, it is there fault... you would have to say the recruitment if they were all giving 100%+ but just not capable, but by all accounts this lot are capapble and that is the problem.

Archived