FA Cup 1st Round - Salford City (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Where to start. RM's tactics were all wrong and he didn't change them. Unacceptable. The players need to take a long look at themselves but they won't. Jenner should be sacked for what he did at the end. Once again the club lets down supporters who deserve a lot more for the loyalty they show.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Moniz F**** Off please sorry but no passion no effort no motivation and what's this obsession with stead out wide.

Can someone please explain it to me is it the new thing to play strikers out of position.

1Moniz stead as no pace so don't play him out wide

2 Smith looked slow an not remotely botherd why can't Curtis get a game

3Spencer gets a chance oh il shove him out wide

4 Hewitt for the first goal sees the run strolls back at 0MPH an no dare tell me he didn't I saw it with my eyes

5 That was route one til 90 mins and it was clear it didn't work at all

6 Well done Jenner you've just proved what a Twat you are congratulations

7Moniz go please no desire effort motivation heart courage in that game that was a shambles sorry but that's pathetic.

I can't even go to the gym now il get builed over that performance

Oh an 8 Kye De Silva was so botherd he was checking his hair was okay Pissing disgrace they should apologise to the fans

And give a weeks wages to us

Can someone tell me what the **** I just watched?

Apparently it was football and we are two leagues above I believe and some of our players are on 2-3grand a week

We're as salfords players had a hard day at work then 90 mins of football

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Very embarassed tonight. Our worst performance I have seen in 45 years following Notts, my 8 year old daughter taking the piss didn't help, how the hell do I get her to follow Notts after she sufered that!

• Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Good god Notts fans, that was embarrassing!!! I feel for you guys not because you lost to a non-league side (we've all done that), but the fact that to a man, not one Notts player looked remotely interested AND it was live on TV in front of millions.

Good god Notts fans, that was embarrassing!!! I feel for you guys not because you lost to a non-league side (we've all done that), but the fact that to a man, not one Notts player looked remotely interested AND it was live on TV in front of millions.

They should be fined a months wage and a public apology to us all and Ricardo Moniz.

He should leave now rant over

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Typical Notts performance in front of the cameras. We've been here before we'll be here again no doubt. Embarrassing to say the least!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

*Sigh

*) I wondered why I forced myself to watch

Very early on, I won't say which point or minute this was but I did turn to @[member="cheeky~k8"] that we are making them appear to be 'Real Madrid', though to give Salford City credit - they played well and shown some good stuff. Not always perfect, yet the out performed us and wanted the win much more. It always seemed likely during the game, if Campbell had of struck the ball forwards (rather than side ways) we could have pulled level.

Yet, we cannot blame him.

*) When will McLeod learn to just get on with the game? His diving/appealing for fouls winds me up.
*) Can we shore the defence up to stop mistakes?
*) Is Ricardo Moniz to blame? I feel he deserves more time than some are prepared to give him.
*) I wonder how we'll respond in the league?

We clearly need to chalk this one off, however painful it is.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Very embarassed tonight. Our worst performance I have seen in 45 years following Notts, my 8 year old daughter taking the piss didn't help, how the hell do I get her to follow Notts after she sufered that!

I've just said the same on Facebook. I seen some dross served up over the years, but that is a new low even for Notts. Never been so embarrassed.

Genuinely don't think this one can just be brushed off as non-league slip up either. We were terrible.

Bring back Colin Murphy and his builder mate. All is forgiven!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Notts didn't seem to bother playing today, everytime i looked at the tv, Salford had the ball.

*Sigh

*) I wondered why I forced myself to watch

Very early on, I won't say which point or minute this was but I did turn to @[member="cheeky~k8"] that we are making them appear to be 'Real Madrid', though to give Salford City credit - they played well and shown some good stuff. Not always perfect, yet the out performed us and wanted the win much more. It always seemed likely during the game, if Campbell had of struck the ball forwards (rather than side ways) we could have pulled level.

Yet, we cannot blame him.

*) When will McLeod learn to just get on with the game? His diving/appealing for fouls winds me up.
*) Can we shore the defence up to stop mistakes?
*) Is Ricardo Moniz to blame? I feel he deserves more time than some are prepared to give him.
*) I wonder how we'll respond in the league?

We clearly need to chalk this one off, however painful it is.

I disagree with you yes Ricardo is to blame his job is to fire them up get them pumped up second half they scored in 20 seconds.

So yea he is to blame second Stead is not a winger FAACCTT 3rd De silva couldn't of gave a crap

Basically everything was wrong he can't motivate them or fire them up in sorry but it could of been 4-0

An that second goal was super embrassing I do believe he should go soon sorry but there is just a point were you have to say sorry it's not working .

For the money he has spent wage wise we shouldn't be going out of the FA Cup to Salford in round 1

No effort the players deffo looked like they didn't wanna play or give a crap.

I didn't once see moniz trying to get them fired up or look botherd on the touch line

He must go yea were by the play offs in the league etc etc at home yea were decent away from home we still get away with stuff.

But we are not getting near the play offs and I think it's a matter of time before teams really figure us out Salford did that tonite.

They played us off the park sorry but it's unacceptable he should deffo either go or be told he's not for long left.

Anyone who defends that is on drugs

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well, if you tell a manager 'Improve or you will be sacked, you haven't got long' it can be detrimental to the squad.

The best remedy for defeat is 'togetherness', and lets be fair - the players deserve to take some of this responsibility. Opinions are a wonderful thing, yet people must be willing to listen to points and avoid arguments. If we win our next x games, people will give him time - likewise if we lose, more pressure will mount and it's not for me to say if he should go or not.

At this stage, as a fan I am prepared to get behind the players/manager.

Well, if you tell a manager 'Improve or you will be sacked, you haven't got long' it can be detrimental to the squad.

The best remedy for defeat is 'togetherness', and lets be fair - the players deserve to take some of this responsibility. Opinions are a wonderful thing, yet people must be willing to listen to points and avoid arguments. If we win our next x games, people will give him time - likewise if we lose, more pressure will mount and it's not for me to say if he should go or not.

At this stage, as a fan I am prepared to get behind the players/manager.

Joe I respect your views opinions etc voice them but tonight was no passion no fire no motivator no leader no effort.

Not one Notts player was sweating not one Notts player was stepping up to say right follow my lead.

Tonight they didn't play for him at all and his halftime talk well what was more of the same lads please it can't be brushed aside tonight was 80k winning or around that.

He shouldn't have more time how many times have people gota say Play stead as a striker not a left winger it's so blinding obvious.

Not once did moniz try look animated on the touch line yea Derry was shit but at least he showed passion desire an physced players up .

Tonight we was torn apart by a team that play against Sutton Coldfield and there crap believe me

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Is he still here?

That was a disgrace. If Moniz remains in charge for the rest of the season we wil get relegated. He should be dismissed with immediate effect after that shambles. He can take rubbish like Jenner, Swerts, Stead, Hollis, Hewitt and De Silva with him.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

Hewitt has been class since he came in, he did not do that well yesterday but the players around him played just as bad. There was three players on the lad who scored Salfords second goal, Mike Edwards looked like a complete novice. We created nothing, our midfield was too lightweight and the formation allowed us to be broken down.

McLeod what a waste of money!

He spent the most of the first half on the floor.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

do we start singling out players? hewitt was one of the few players who gave a little and that little was a lot more than some who should have done better. i mean their first goal, who was to blame for not picking it up?

lets just blame everyone and look just as clueless as yesterdays performance.

do we start singling out players? hewitt was one of the few players who gave a little and that little was a lot more than some who should have done better. i mean their first goal, who was to blame for not picking it up?

lets just blame everyone and look just as clueless as yesterdays performance.

Okay goal no 1 Webber is running towards the box hewitts man Sheehan is in no mans land eddy is marking his man.

Hewitt realises Webber is running in the box to space strolls back like 0mph then realised Sh** he's gonna score goal

Goal no 2 eddy is jus pressuring him wide then Campbell and Hewitt and other player make it 4 on 1 and instead of someone posting behind eddy they don't .

Fancy bit of skill and he's off one two goal someone had to be behind Edwards not all around him as he was going nowhere.

Don't get me wrong Hewitt has been class no doubting that but last night he didn't play well at all no one did

• Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes I just hate it when my predictions come true. Many of you will not agree but it was not the worst performance I have ever witnessed from a Notts side, It was close but over the past 50 years there has been some dross.

I watched it on TV and it appeared that the pitch was reduced in size, recently ploughed, and the grass cutter must have broken down 6 weeks ago. All designed to give the home team the edge, on a bumpy pitch Where the ball didn't run. Unfortunately we will never know if the plan worked as the real Notts never turned up

. This bunch were bullied and pressured into mistakes, out fought out worked out thought and out played by a team that wanted it more. The only positive is that thanks to our shots some one in Salford, who was outside the ground, will have a quality football to play with..  

Archived