Suggestions (Upgrade Feedback)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Once the sites been upgraded, please feel free to post suggestions within this topic.

It's worth noting that the site will return much like the prior version of our site, yet with noticeable differences and various feature improvements. Some features will not be making the cut, however if these are suggested and supported by folks - then it will be reconsidered.

Please describe your suggestions as clear as possible.

I look forward to seeing the communities input with regards to the new site.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Boooooooooooo can't see any difference...Boooooooooooooooooo

Sack the manager. 

Seriously hope it goes easily.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Boooooooooooo can't see any difference...Boooooooooooooooooo

Sack the manager.

Seriously hope it goes easily.

Are you changing name to booingdwarf now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see I didn't want to put boo hiss because I was being nice to the boss, but sod it.
Booooooo Hissssssss still not done. (Checking watch every 10 seconds from here on in -honestly☺☺☺)

A few complications have occurred, nothing major however.

Can Tapatalk users please try to login? If you are unable to gain access via the device, please follow the steps below.

Step 1) Remove - Pride of Nottingham from your device
Step 2) Then search 'Pride of Nottingham'
Step 3) Click 'Follow'
Step 4) Proceed to login

This should overcome a configuration error between the app and device.

Boooo, booooo, hissss it's changed! :unsure: hissingdwarf out!! <-- :hairy:

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

It's slow at the minute and it took a couple of attempts to log in, but that's to be expected if you're still working on it. Looking forward to seeing how it looks later on!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I found it very slow this morning, it looks very clean and modern, it will take a little getting used to for my old brain but I like it already.

Wont log in with Facebook info and took 3 attempts to get in, as others have said, very slow to load pages (from my kindle)

And the live centre not there any more! What alternative is planned to this Chris? I liked the one page glance to see all the latest comments and who made them. The forum at the moment just shows the badge of the person in the forum and nothing about what they posted etc...is this right or is it my kindle view.

Keep God ng with it, hiccups are bound to happen at a time like this!

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

It's slow at the minute and it took a couple of attempts to log in, but that's to be expected if you're still working on it. Looking forward to seeing how it looks later on!

Yes, the upgrade has used a lot of the servers resources (quite normal). It seems pretty normal to me, yet with things still processing I imagine this could creep back towards being slow.

Hopefully you will like it @DangerousSausage by time everything has settled.

1 hour ago, tonyhateley said:

I found it very slow this morning, it looks very clean and modern, it will take a little getting used to for my old brain but I like it already.

Ha! It's a lot cleaner but as things return, only those who truly know PON/visit regularly will really tell the differences (bar the new design - not the one being used now).

1 hour ago, hissingdwarf said:

Wont log in with Facebook info and took 3 attempts to get in, as others have said, very slow to load pages (from my kindle)

And the live centre not there any more! What alternative is planned to this Chris? I liked the one page glance to see all the latest comments and who made them. The forum at the moment just shows the badge of the person in the forum and nothing about what they posted etc...is this right or is it my kindle view.

Keep God ng with it, hiccups are bound to happen at a time like this!

I haven't yet proceeded to work on the social logins, I'm waiting on support to fix/match up a few areas.

The live centre has gone, yet it's replaced by the activity steam - Here.

This isn't working, yet it's a lot similar and can be customized far greater and it's actually supported from the go, which makes it a far better solution because with suggestions it can be improved rather easily.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks!

OK...

The forums did look a little dark this afternoon and the names of posters were drowned out slightly, but now I think it may have gone too far the other way. Slightly stripped back too much now imho. A happy medium in between would be better. Now it is much less imposing, but it looses some of its appeal imo.

Everything else looks good.

BTW, on the work friendly skin...this current forum layout minus the big splash picture for the background might suit the 'hide it at work' peeps!

@DangerousSausage - How do you feel about the above?

- I think it could be improved, though it's now a case of how without impacting things. I'm going to suggest we revert back to the normal 'like this' appearance, as the black on grey looks a little ugly (my personal opinion). Yet the silver that replacing the black bar, looks alright to me (despite preferring it black myself).

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

I wasn't keen on it at first (like the dwarf, I felt it looked a bit light) but it's growing on me a bit now. I felt the same about the black bars though, I thought they looked a bit heavy at the beginning but I got used to them quickly. You're the boss! As long as the text and background are different colours and you avoid r*d, people will grow to love it.

Can only speak for myself, but I'm not fussed about the moods. I can usually tell what mood people are in from how they write B)

One small thing - the test of the size button in the grey box that appears when you're replying to a post is white, rendering it virtually invisible. That's a really minor thing though!

13 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

I wasn't keen on it at first (like the dwarf, I felt it looked a bit light) but it's growing on me a bit now. I felt the same about the black bars though, I thought they looked a bit heavy at the beginning but I got used to them quickly. You're the boss! As long as the text and background are different colours and you avoid r*d, people will grow to love it.

Can only speak for myself, but I'm not fussed about the moods. I can usually tell what mood people are in from how they write B)

One small thing - the test of the size button in the grey box that appears when you're replying to a post is white, rendering it virtually invisible. That's a really minor thing though!

It's useful to know, as I am sure @Pete T will agree.

Yes, there's a bug within the editor which is something I am trying to find out how to fix. Someone has kindly started to investigate the matter, though once it's fixed - it will appears much clearer. I find the whole editor bar very hard to see, so something of a concern for me.

I think it's fine now as it is. The look now looks good. Have you changed it again since last night @notts-joe?

Or is it that I'm on my kindle now so the big screen for my comp looks different?

Either way, keep as is!

Doing a great job of keeping us all updated. Well done for all the hard work being put into making it a great user experience for us all.

@Pete T may have been working on it at the time you was browsing, so it may have been a temporary thing you noticed.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to request some opinions for future enhancements/improvements.

I'm pleased with how the sites progressing, we gain healthy views which creates nice stats and although overall everything is ticking over nicely - I do like to gain feedback, if folks are inclined to provide it.

Outside eyes: @tarquinbeech and @Elite_pie - Keeping in mind it takes time for a site to pick up, so please ignore this side (as it's only our third season - well plus half). Is there any features, discussions etc that you think would be a good addition to the site?

@DangerousSausage, @1862, @Super_Danny_Allsopp, @ivansneck, @magpiejue, @Riverleeno, @wroughty and @MuddyPatchPie - as randomly selected regulars, can any of you make suggestions or recommendations?

Just to note - Tables, profiles, teams etc are still being developed.

Yet every now or then, it is good to gain some input from the community.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

so far I'm prefer this new site I have now got use to it and is easer to find things only thing I struggle with is sometimes posting in the correct area of a new topic.

But @notts-joe puts it were it should be for me 😁😁

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

As a "new boy", I found it difficult to keep track of where new/interesting posts were being posted.

Being an ex-pat, I use the site equally for Notts news and o/t subjects at least 3 times per day......as you may have noticed, it is difficult for me to comment on football matters because, quite simply, I am not currently going to matches.

Obviously I start on the home-page, checking the excellent articles there....then look across at the "current threads/topics/replies"......I think there is only 5 in that table? which means that items disappear very quickly (especially as the site is getting busier)....so I have to go looking for them.

I know I sound lazy but at my age I am not too computer-savvy......if someone states "Notts should re-locate nearer to the M1" or "Sepp Blatter should be jailed" and I see it on the homepage, then I am wading in with both barrels......if it ain't there, then I am unlikely to participate simply because I didn't see it!!

If that "table of 5" was bigger (looking at the homepage, I think you have room).....say double it to 10? then I think that posters will start posting more often, this creates replies, more time spent on here, more traffic etc etc

On a positive note, I love the pre-match stuff, very in-depth and "meet the fans" videos are great.

ps Andy, Elite and myself have been using the "message" facility quite a bit since someone objected to us "chatting" on the open forum....great facility and thanks for the heads-up.....but doesn't that take away from the forum looking busy?

I understand that some on here want football-only matters but you also need more traffic?.......a difficult balancing act I know.

Keep up the good work....COYP

Tarkers

Thanks @tarquinbeech.

Do you make use of the activity streams at all? Those are very useful for locating content and the 'all activity' - Link Here | can be customized to the users preference.

I do plan to re-add an old feature I made, called the 'dashboard' which put content within one location and that made it easy to notice things - especially as an alternative. I am also debating if I should create a page which mixing the different activity streams together, so it would be an overview of what's new, what's been unread, what was started by yourself (or whoever was browsing it) and perhaps a custom one.

The topics/replies used to be set at 10 but I have two additions which are currently being redeveloped which would consume the remaining space and due to the different browsers render the pages - some like Opera have very little space as it is now.

Regarding messages - I think some things are best discussing in private. If it's something members can join in with, feel free to start a new topic and that will generate activity.

We don't discuss just football, entertainment/news and general discussions are welcome.

The site attracts steady hits, which are actually impressive for the niche subject - it's more a case of getting members active within the community, as this would spark life to the site but all football sites tend to be slow at times.

I appreciate the feedback, I will certainly try to work on your suggestions.

As Joe says @tarquinbeech you are more than welcome to discuss anything you wish. We're just trying to avoid the political infighting going off on the other board that's all. The aim of PoN is to be separate from them and not be compared and tbf I think we do a good job of offering something totally different. The example is with the age of users - ranging from pre-teens to very, very, very old. (I wont name names here TH!) I realise at first the thought of a 12yr old reading the posts is strange, but it has helped keep the comments fair and just rather than stupid ranting, which without being rude to other people, has happened on mad before.

Talk away publicly or privately! That's what the system is there for.

And I personally hope with the newer members contributing more, we are stronger than ever as a board!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  89

1 hour ago, tarquinbeech said:

ps Andy, Elite and myself have been using the "message" facility quite a bit since someone objected to us "chatting" on the open forum....great facility and thanks for the heads-up.....but doesn't that take away from the forum looking busy?

I understand that some on here want football-only matters but you also need more traffic?.......a difficult balancing act I know.

Tarkers

I think chatting should be encouraged - isn't that what we do anyway, regardless of topic?

One example for being exempt would be bitching about the happenings of other forums. As already pointed out, PoN is a completely different forum and unlike Vital, doesn't really want to be a board that is completely dead until people get banned on NCM. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I've only been here for a matter of days, so don't feel in a position to suggest  improvements as I'm still finding my way around, but I do appreciate the offer.  Saying that, they have been an enjoyable few days and whatever transpires elsewhere I hope to stick around.  I entirely understand that certain issues have no place here, but the 'message' option (thanks Mr Hateley) means I can still discuss them with those who are interested.  I have joined at a quiet time, so I'm looking forward to viewing the input on a matchday.  Let's hope we have something good to talk about at 5pm on Saturday!

I have re-added the 'Dashboard View' - at the moment however, I'll ask for opinions on it before I do anything further with it.

Basically, this places all the content from the site within one location and is an alternative view from the activity streams (such as the 'all activity'). You can find it - Here. Please check it out if you get chance - @tarquinbeech, @Elite_pie, @Canadian, @tonyhateley, @hissingdwarf and @1862.

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

8 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

As Joe says @tarquinbeech you are more than welcome to discuss anything you wish. We're just trying to avoid the political infighting going off on the other board that's all. The aim of PoN is to be separate from them and not be compared and tbf I think we do a good job of offering something totally different. The example is with the age of users - ranging from pre-teens to very, very, very old. (I wont name names here TH!) I realise at first the thought of a 12yr old reading the posts is strange, but it has helped keep the comments fair and just rather than stupid ranting, which without being rude to other people, has happened on mad before.

Talk away publicly or privately! That's what the system is there for.

And I personally hope with the newer members contributing more, we are stronger than ever as a board!

I understand that you want to be different............but you also need to "steal their users"?......this is the chance, whilst they have a new nutcase mod!!

Users go on MAD.....because it is busy.....20 or 30 new topics every day, 200 posters?, 3,000 views?....yes, it takes a bit of extra modding, but 90% of the time it polices itself....ask Elite.

One topic alone on the Paris killings got 250 posts and 3,000 views!!.............before it was removed.

You have a far superior product here,honestly.....your home-page is incredible..... but I didn't even know it existed until I was banned elsewhere.......for suggesting we move elsewhere, the irony huh!!

I understand that some on here want to keep it "quiet", their little secret......that little pub in the countryside where you can take your lover/girlfriend/wife/boyfriend.

I am here to stay........I ain't going back.......so I will try to be sensible and not upset anyone.......I've had a few beers in the Mexican sun......goodnight all.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

The dashboard page looks good @notts-joe. Great job with that!

On the PON front invite your friends and praise the site, make that difference to push the site.

Archived