sacked

Riverleeno

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

About time, but he should never have been appointed , at least we can get on with supporting our club now!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I believe it's a start on turning the club around. It was terrible today as soon as Exeter went 2-1 up.

BBC Nottingham Sport twitter saying that new manager to be appointed tomorrow. Nothing as yet though about the sacking on the official site? Have they jumped the gun?

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Riverleeno said:

BBC Nottingham Sport twitter saying that new manager to be appointed tomorrow. Nothing as yet though about the sacking on the official site? Have they jumped the gun?

Statement is out now 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Had to happen. I'm surprised that the Trew's have acted though, I thought their arrogance would mean he would stay until new owners took over. 

I don't want the Trews appointing another manager. No doubt the next joke they have for the dwindling Notts fanbase is Branston as manager.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

For once Ray Trew actually talks properly in his statement, by that I mean that most of the time these days people just send out a contrived script that bares no real emotion, this is his first statement in a long time that conveys some emotion and at least he had the sense to do the decent thing by the club and get rid of the bloke.

He should never have been appointed in the first place so lets hope Mark Cooper is his replacement.

17 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Had to happen. I'm surprised that the Trew's have acted though, I thought their arrogance would mean he would stay until new owners took over. Saw that Ray Trew couldn't resist another dig at the fans in his statement, classless.

I don't want the Trews appointing another manager. No doubt the next joke they have for the dwindling Notts fanbase is Branston as manager.

Its sounds like they are appointing a new manager, not just a caretaker.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/711269818603855872/video/1

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

1 minute ago, Riverleeno said:

Its sounds like they are appointing a new manager, not just a caretaker.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/711269818603855872/video/1

:rolleyes:

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Official Statement

Inevitable really. The more goals we conceded today the more likely it was going to be soon.

I tried to give him a chance after he first joined, but the results speak for themselves

Its very quick, so presumably arranged before today...unless it is an interim appointment? Dryden?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Riverleeno said:

Its very quick, so presumably arranged before today...unless it is an interim appointment? Dryden?

Must be appointment till the end of season surely ?? 

• Content Count:  227

Wonder if potential new owners have had some input, Cooper and Cotterill names are cropping up, would take either of them.

Before the  news that JF had been sacked, a Notts fan on the tram was stating 'from someone in the know' that Cotterill would be the next manager.

4 minutes ago, wacky said:

Wonder if potential new owners have had some input, Cooper and Cotterill names are cropping up, would take either of them.

I think the input was that Ray Trew could see the club's value reducing!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

About time! 

That performance today just about broke me to the point of wondering whether to bother again this season, so for my health and sanity I'm glad the JF era is now over.

The first name that popped into my head was Cotterill, but really I would take anyone with decent man management skills. Whoever it is though, has a lot of bridges to build with the players and needs to reintroduce some creativity to the side, not plain sailing, but hopefully the nightmare is over.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You know, I really do feel sorry for him but that doesn't win football games.

Admitting you're making mistakes and learning from them, whilst bridging with fans would have been something Fullarton could have done. He seemed to show a lack of understanding, not just to 'management' but football. His decisions, just bizarre. We just want to see Notts succeed, he clearly wasn't at any point the right person. Please leave the decision to the next owners @RayTrew.

• Content Count:  65

i have lost so much interest that this afternoon the football came 3rd behind the Cricket and the Rugby when it came to flicking channels, that has never been the case before, whoever gets the job it will take a long time for me to get my enthusiasm back, this whole debacle has left too many scars for many reasons.

All I hope is this is lowest point this club ever reaches, I could never split up from this club because deep down I still love the ruddy thing, but we are on what I think is is called a 'break'

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

How can Ray Trew be allowed to appoint a new permanent manager? He said notts county was a black hole that he didn't want anything to do with, I'd say 7/9 managers he's appointed have been rubbish, why not give it to Hasall and Dryden or someone like Edwards as interim untill the new owners are in place?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I didn't think he would be the right man for the job from the start, but time surely shown that he wasn't unto a manager position. I'm glad hes gone.. we've got to do better with the next manager and we don't have the time for him to settle either when we get one.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

7 hours ago, Veggie pie said:

i have lost so much interest that this afternoon the football came 3rd behind the Cricket and the Rugby when it came to flicking channels, that has never been the case before, whoever gets the job it will take a long time for me to get my enthusiasm back, this whole debacle has left too many scars for many reasons.

All I hope is this is lowest point this club ever reaches, I could never split up from this club because deep down I still love the ruddy thing, but we are on what I think is is called a 'break'

The final paragraph above from Veggie, perfectly sums up my feelings too

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

7 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

How can Ray Trew be allowed to appoint a new permanent manager? He said notts county was a black hole that he didn't want anything to do with, I'd say 7/9 managers he's appointed have been rubbish, why not give it to Hasall and Dryden or someone like Edwards as interim untill the new owners are in place?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

I'm praying this is not the case, we have always taken time - which fears the living hell out of me that it could be worse.

Give Smith a try until the takeover.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@notts-joe Sorry but disagree with giving Smith a go. He will want to play every game as a player manager. The midfield needs creativity and legs

Archived