Players out of contract in Summer!

Turkey_Twizzler

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Murray, Carroll, Edwards, Audel, Thompson, Hollis, Banton, Noble, Valencic, Sarpong (Apparently), Hayhurst, Adams, Atkinson, Bishop, Pilkington and Smith

Who would you keep?

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-two/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Keep: Murray, Edwards, Thompson, Hollis, Banton, Noble, Sarpong, Atkinson, Bishop.

Let go: Carroll (unless he likes being second fiddle), Audel (no way deserves a new deal), Valencic (haven't seen enough), Hayhurst (get rid), Adams (Mansfield you can have him back), Pilikington and Smith (sign on as coaches but not as players).

For me if Audel plays as good as he has for the past 2/3 games then he defiantly deserves one

Keep: Sarpong, noble, Thompson, Hollis, Atkinson and Banton if he actually plays

Maybes: Edwards, smith and pilks but as coaches, Murray who is one of our longest serving players at the moment and is yet to actually make a proper impact, Valencic I need to see more to judge

The others I would release to allow MC to bring in his own lads

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

From Leigh Curtis's web chat..."

Of the players out of contract in the summer, who would you keep?
via
·
about 6 hours ago

Noble, Hollis, Adams definitely. Smith for a backroom role. Carroll if the money was right. Not sure on the rest.
Comment From Smitty

You'd keep Adams? He's either injured or bang average whenever I've seen him. His best performances have actually been as a winger (Chesterfield away and Wimbledon home this year). Can't defend the back stick, a massive problem for a full back. Get rid. I'd only keep Noble, perhaps Hollis but only if he has a manager (hopefully Cooper) who can teach him about possession. Smith coach only. No playing number. Carroll has become a farce at times this season, let him retire. Also despite a better season last term cost us massively at Gillingham when it mattered.

Well, I think Piethagoram has a more objective view than Leigh...

Keep Noble

Keep if the price was right..  Audel, Thompson, Hollis, Valencic, 

Coaching Edwards Smith Pilkington

Release Murray Adams Sarpong, Banton Bishop, Atkinson, Hayhurst, Carroll

edit... May move Atkinson to keep if the price is right...it is a straight choice between Thompson or Atkinson as to who plays.

@notts-joe How can you say that about Audel... excellent recent performances.. Audel Left Back with Sharpe in reserve / challenging

@themightymagpies One has to base judgment on MC's system as of now, Audel has fitted in very well. Certainly a better option than Adams

50 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@notts-joe How can you say that about Audel... excellent recent performances.. Audel Left Back with Sharpe in reserve / challenging

He's played well, for me excellent is pushing it.

If we give contracts out based on three performances then we are in trouble. I think there's time for him to prove himself, however as things stand there's no reason in my mind that sees him deserving of a contract. Audel for me would be one of the first players I would look to improve on, his passing and distribution isn't amazing - he reminds me of a more polished Hollis (the latter I would keep because there's time for him).

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Pilks and Edwards can stay in their current off field roles, but not as players. Of all the others out of contract, I would release them all with the exception of Noble, I don't think the others are good enough and we can do better in their positions.

Bearing in mind we have a lot of players on another years contract that might be hard to shift, we need to be ruthless with the ones out of contract.

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

@notts-joe well we beg to differ over Audel. Please can you explain the justification of keeping Bishop?

Differing is fine, it's how conversations are formed. Justification is another thing when things are based on opinions but I'll explain quite happily. :)

Bishop is 19 - He's got a good record of scoring at youth/reserve level and even within the non league. As a striker, he shows promising signs and since his age is still young, I feel it's worth hanging onto someone like him. Someone like Cooper might be able to mould him, as in my opinion he just needs developing. The first time he was included, Bishop actually didn't do that badly when we had experienced players around him but the second time round the push was too much.

We wasn't creating chances, our football didn't suite someone without experience.

Personally, I would give him another year and try to establish him.

@notts-joe "good scoring record at youth / reserve level". From the few reserve matches I have seen this season, he has never once looked to be a real goal scoring threat. There is also absolutely no sign of some real individual skill to be worth persevering with by offering another contract. Montel Gibson looks more of a real talent coming through, hence the reasoning to release Murray.

Opinions will always vary, he may end up released but adding Murray to the scrap list for me would be wasteful.

Opinions will always vary, he may end up released but adding Murray to the scrap list for me would be wasteful.

But as I mentioned, Murray is one of our longest serving players at the moment and he is yet to break through and keep a starting spot

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I can't really comment on individual players as I haven't seen tham in action as much as you all have, but complete squad overhauls are very risky in football. Let's just focus on strengthening the squad in a targeted way where we need it (defensive midfielders, back four), improving our young players and getting the rest to play like a team. The advantage of keeping and developing your own players is that you know exactly where you are with them and whether they're up to the job - MC will have effectively had a couple of months to "scout" them.

And then we can marvel at the transformation next season!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I think Audel has done enough recently to deserve another year.  As well as being able to cover a few defensive positions he has a great attitude and actually attacks the ball, something we've been sadly lacking at the back.  I would release Bishop and Murray - I've just not seen anything from Bishop to suggest he will make the step up, and this was the season for Murray to make an impact.  He's not done much in his sub appearances, I'm afraid in my opinion the Conference beckons for both.

@ohstanleyaborah Mostly due to his injury but he has been effective when he's come on, he creates chances and works hard. JF never gave him much opportunity, something which Cooper should try because I'm certain it will pay off.

@DangerousSausage Each season we as a club erase the majority of the squad, for once we have a good core to build on from. This season we have a good core, plus the majority of players are still in contract but I would like to see Cooper settle the revolving door which surrounds the players. Noble for example, there should be no question of offering him a new deal. There are some players who can do much more under a manager like Cooper - fingers crossed we don't revert to rebuilding completely.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

keep: murray, audel, thompson, hollis, noble, sarpong

rid: carroll, banton, valencic, hayhurst, adams, atkinson, bishop

edwards and smith would make great coaches.

@liampie Maybe after last night's performances, Gibson is the future where Murray is not. Similarly, Atkinson staked his claim for Curtis's position. Hollis's distribution may prevent a new contract if MC reverts to his philosophy of a back 3... That need to be comfortable on the ball.

The Stead / Idle front line isn't a partnership in the making. One will need to go in the summer.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

@Piethagoram give stead/mcleod chance but i think we need another striker for next season.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

Keep: Murray, Thompson, Hollis, Noble, Sarpong.

Would people still give Audel a contract???

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Audel? I'd keep him on. Handy reserve player.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I'm starting to form the opinion of maybe keeping Larty, if he gets chance to show what he can do. I would still keep Noble as well, because he does score goals but needs a lot of work on the rest of his game.

I agree with fozzy (I can't tag on Tapatalk) but we need to keep our youngsters like Sarpong and Richards and develop them into first team players like Thompson, a club like us needs to develop from within instead of bringing in 20 new players, we should be giving the youngsters a good run in the team and Cooper seems just the man for the job

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Archived