The EPL Tinpot B-Team Humiliation Trophy

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

The draw for this wonderful competition has taken place, we can look forward to local derbies against Hartlepool, Rochdale and Sunderland's youth team. At least one will be at home, presumably including the Sunderland match.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - if you love Notts, the best thing you can do is stay away. Or do you want to see B teams in the Football League?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

If Notts put out our youth team, I'd happily chip in to help pay the £5k fine we'd receive. Just to prove a point

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i wont be watching, i am disappointed the club even voted in support of it. the club should always vote based on what the fans say or think with regards to think like this.

not have their say for us.

IMO the club should have taken the long-term view with this B-team nonsense.

And it looks like our glamour tie at Sunderland will be away from home. I wonder if they'll hold it at an empty Stadium of Light or on an academy pitch? Only Hartlepool is at home.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

I suppose the bonus is the fact we will only have one home fixture.

I won't be going to any of them, I gave up on the competition back in the 90s as it was a complete waste of time and money watching weakened teams and paying for the privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

If Notts put out our youth team, I'd happily chip in to help pay the £5k fine we'd receive. Just to prove a point

We have to play our strongest team according to the rules

IMO the club should have taken the long-term view with this B-team nonsense.

And it looks like our glamour tie at Sunderland will be away from home. I wonder if they'll hold it at an empty Stadium of Light or on an academy pitch? Only Hartlepool is at home.

It will be played at the SOL, all academy teams play at the first team ground other than west ham who aren't allowed in their tenancy at the Olympic stadium, even though the tax payer is still paying for it

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

I can't imagine any of those games attracting more than 1500 spectators , and I won't be one of them.

• Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

We have to play our strongest team according to the rules

That is why I mentioned the 5k fine! That's the punishment

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I am still on the belief that a revival of the Anglo Scottish would have been more beneficial. OK, higher travelling costs but I am sure this would have been counterbalanced with increased attendances, therefore increased revenues. It would be more attractive to finding a sponsor too.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

It's a piss-take now. Before it was useless, but at least you could get yourself knocked out at match number one. Now we have to play 3 (!!!!) games, one against Sunderland kids/reserves. I hope that JS sends the first team out with instructions that if you break a sweat you will be subbed.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I think all the league teams should put out a side of old fashioned cloggers against the EPL teams and cause so many injuries that they pull out of the competition.

I used to like the old paint pot trophy, it was a way for teams like us to dream of Wembley, but the fact is hardly anyone else cared so they had to change it, but they made it worse than it was

1 hour ago, ivansneck said:

I think all the league teams should put out a side of old fashioned cloggers against the EPL teams and cause so many injuries that they pull out of the competition.

Brutal but effective.

If we make 11 changes we can argue that we were saving our best team for the trophy B)

I thought about an Anglo-Scottish Cup too @Piethagoram, but it wouldn't be suitable for a midweek competition as small clubs with part-time players would have to travel monstrous distances. I don't think there's room in the calendar for it TBH.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have no interest in the competition which will confuse some people, as with PON, we do have to promote it.

This is the difference between people who don't realise that there will be fans that are, we can't operate around personal thoughts or just the majority. However, I do hope that the competition is re-thought because this is the start of some serious major changes to our system. I don't even want to see a second Premier League - they should focus on revamping the reserve leagues IMO.

I would rather see the top teams play local sides within the reserve setup, get clubs like ours playing against the likes of Leicester and Stoke City.

Rather then forcing us to play teams like Lincoln etc (they should be included however), I think this would improve things all-round.

I won't be attending any games, including if we reach the final (if we make it) - this for me will be the test to see who really is against it and who jumps on when the glory is there.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

53 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

I won't be attending any games, including if we reach the final (if we make it) - this for me will be the test to see who really is against it and who jumps on when the glory is there.

I wouldn't say that I'm against the competition itself, although it will always be a minor thing, it's the inclusion of 'B' teams that I'm strongly opposed to.  The fact that we play away to Sunderland B makes that an easy game to boycott as I wouldn't have gone anyway.  Regarding the final, if it was against a League 1 or 2 club then I would definitely go, but if it was against a B team I would boycott it.  I'm almost hoping the final will be played between two B teams watched by a tiny crowd, which should put an end to this disgraceful 'experiment'.  

2 hours ago, notts-joe said:

I have no interest in the competition which will confuse some people, as with PON, we do have to promote it.

I disagree there, we have to promote Notts. And I believe it's in Notts County's best long-term interests that this whole miserable experiment falls flat on its face.

Obviously you can't force people to stay away, but it would be better if we took 0 fans to Sunderland. Any more would legitimise the scheme. I can't imagine many Mackems will be interested in attending, but a gentle reminder or two on their forums surely wouldn't hurt. If the crowds were even lower for the matches involving B teams (not that you can get much lower in this competition), it would send out a powerful message.

I'm more ambivalent about the Hartlepool match, but the odd banner telling the League what we think about it wouldn't hurt. There will be plenty of empty seats after all. Anyone got a spare bedcloth?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@DangerousSausage the previous Anglo Scottish Cup was a midweek competition as was the Anglo Italian Cup... in fact the last English winners of the latter should automatically qualify for the Uefa Champions League each year :D

Maybe a pre-season Saturday could kick off such a competition before reverting to a midweek basis. I am sure Scottish clubs just below their top division would welcome this revenue stream 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

@ivansneck great idea they would soon pull out of a competition they shouldn't be in , its a nonsense idea , and if the views on our site are typical of other league one and two clubs fans , which I would guess they probably are, it will die in its infancy , don't think an Anglo Scottish one would do any better either.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

4 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

I disagree there, we have to promote Notts. And I believe it's in Notts County's best long-term interests that this whole miserable experiment falls flat on its face.

Obviously you can't force people to stay away, but it would be better if we took 0 fans to Sunderland. Any more would legitimise the scheme. I can't imagine many Mackems will be interested in attending, but a gentle reminder or two on their forums surely wouldn't hurt. If the crowds were even lower for the matches involving B teams (not that you can get much lower in this competition), it would send out a powerful message.

I'm more ambivalent about the Hartlepool match, but the odd banner telling the League what we think about it wouldn't hurt. There will be plenty of empty seats after all. Anyone got a spare bedcloth?

The competition would be fine without the B teams.

However, it currently stands with them in and I for one have no interest in it for this reason. PON will promote it, as it's important we do but I have no desire to lift its profile personally. I want to see the reserves re-developed and ALL teams made to have representation. You have silly rules for the cups, which includes the youth and reserve one's but this is solely to pave way for B teams within the Football League and this must not happen.

The problem with cups like the JPT and the Anglo whatever cup is that people simply don't care once the novelty wears off, which is a shame because personally i enjoy cups like them as they give us cheap away days and a chance at Wembley but people just don't turn up so they had to change it, sadly they made it worse

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

@ohstanleyaborah now nobodys going to turn up 😂 

They've destroyed the integrity of this cup and lower league teams in general. 

Archived