Why should I go again?

ivansneck

I disagree about the Kop @Fozzy, the problem isn't the size of the stand, it's the fact that people just don't sing. At the Luton game a bloke in front of me was constantly trying to get the crowd going, and nearly always failed. Even the people in the ground are missing the buzz right now. Like it or not, folk are more likely to sing when we're winning (or likely to win), and our win ratio at home has been pathetic for years.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion John Sheridan is no part of the problem at present. we'll all disagree with some of his decisions but we must keep him for at least another 2 years.

I've been saying this quite a bit to friends, the club was a mess before Sheridan came, but Sheridan saved 2 teams last year and knows what he's doing so we have to trust him

@ohstanleyaborah @ivansneck. "Sheridan knows what he is doing"? "..saved 2 teams last year"; " we must keep him for another 2 years". Too which I respond...

Does he?; Saving 2 teams with an instant improvement in form; Why?

Let's reflect on the facts... Playing the immobile Smith as a striker when we have Montel not getting on the bench. Twice lucky, this reminds me of Derry's season, going well into November and the team gets found out.... Sheridan has signed players of no discernible quality apart from say O'Connor whose flashes thereof in minutes can be counted on one hand.

With all his "experience", one cannot risk his January decision making with any degree of confidence? 

On the coaching side, can anyone have any confidence of the setting up of a team at home? There is zero discernible quality in midfield. Stead's goals have been largely created by himself. 

It pains me to say it... we need a management change now. Leaving it any longer in the forlorn hope things will improve is courting relegation disaster.

Nearly 50 years a Pie but even I have lost the enthusiasm to go on like this, watching dull as dishwater football, which Jamie had the rights on and now JS has continued.

Wow is everything really that bad ??? Have to say I agree for the most part of that article , how does that make us all feel ? Can we do anything about it ? 

It's makes me sad for the club we love , its without direction and leadership .

What's happened re A H and the approach made to him a few weeks back , has it died ? Or is it at a place where nothing can be revealed yet ?? Guess the answere as we get nothing from the owners . 

Sad sad sad 

Alan Hardy does not even mention Notts that much on his twitter feed anymore and says nothing on the takeover, whereas beforehand he was forever talking about it, so to me it suggests that he is still in the process.

It isn't looking very good at the moment, no goals in the last four league games, hardly a shot on target and having a leaky defence is a terrible situation to be in. I honestly cannot see a way out of this at the moment, JS is chopping and changing his side frantically whereas he was playing a settled side when we were on our best run of the season. He has to seriously find something in the January transfer window otherwise we are stuffed.

NCFC are rotten from top to bottom at present. However, in situations such as these the top must be changed first. @Piethagoram I sympathise with your assessment of JS at present but to me NCFC are a modern reincarnation of the Augean stables with all that implies. The only person who can change everything that needs changing is the owner.

The current owner seems to have completely lost the will to do this, irrespective of the money, energy and time he and his wife have put in before. I won't forget the many good things the Trews have done for NCFC, but they must be the first to go, then a wholely different atmosphere will pervade the club from the top down.

@Riverleeno makes the point that only 2400 ish Notts fans turned up last night. Some of them will not return until drastic changes have been made.

@ivansneck @DangerousSausage Points taken (but not points in League) but I counter with we could be in non League before ownership matters resolved. I am just pointing out that not one of JS's signings has been a success..and on that basis, he cannot be allowed January to mess up again.

Lieutenant George: Great Scott sir, you mean, you mean the moment's finally arrived for us to give Harry Hun a darned good British style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down?

Captain Blackadder: If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Our midfield is devoid of creativity and the defence still leaks goal for fun. Schweinsteiger as player manager? :D

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

@Fozzy Can you honestly say with any confidence that he can find anyone decent in January? Track record for HIS signings at Notts, school report says D-

No, I'm afraid I can't. JS appears to have resorted to the same frantic tactics that other managers have tried, shortly before departing the Lane, but I can't think of any option out there to replace him? I would have had Evans before Mansfield took him as although he is a pretty appalling character, he does know how to get a side winning. I wouldn't mind a Smith, Stead combination in the future as they are both passionate about the game, but now is not the right time for them unfortunately.

I was expecting big things from him when he joined, but his defensive recruitment has been pretty atrocious with not one of them being of a good League 2 standard. Duffy was on his way to non league before we rescued him and I can see why he was going that way, whilst Dickinson is useless as a left back, but I thought we signed him to play centre half? I would at least try him there and drop Milsom in at left back as he is far superior to Dickinson in that position.

I'm also struggling to understand why he signed so many players that are so one paced! Only Forte and Collins have any and it just means that the opposition can run past our midfield with ease and then create space around our back four, who all turn like barges. 

Of the 10 signings he has brought in, only Forte, O'Connor and Collins could be classed as good enough, but with O'Connor being a sicknote it leaves just two.

To win just three home games in 2016 is pathetic, but there appears no "up and at em" attitude within the Notts team in order to get the supporters behind the side, they may as well be playing park football for all the enthusiasm they generate.

We need 4 decent Championship reserve players in January, but you know how bad our scouting network is, we will probably end up with 3 League 1 reserves no better than we already have!

Last words...... Steven Gerrard wants a job......

JS admittedly hasn't over whelmed as yet but to show him the door now would in my opinion be the wrong decision , we keep saying we will achieve nothing while we forever keep changing managers , plus it's still not his own squad , and lets  be honest what he inherited is park football standard , true his own signings haven't done well either , but in my opinion we need to hold our nerve and give him more time surely , much work needs to be done , and if he did go it would be the same players , who have let him down and managers before him . 

Supporter+

Standard Operating Procedure when it comes to a possible takeover. Leave the bills as late as possible. Will be paid, just like the last time.

@TheFostarr94 Thanks for that. Maybe means Ray needs to make good the losses offset against the purchase price, which he isnt prepared to do... As crowds dwindle, the difference between the value of the club now to say 2 months time, will reduce the potential purchase price further?

We do really need a statement of intent from @poundpie ...if she is still a member of this forum, to reassure the faithful

Archived