New Notts County manager

Joe Jones

Have you been reading my tweets @Who r ya?? You Pies!!? I've mentioned him as someone to look at and is possibly the one manager I think would would definitely get us out of this mess. He got Fleetwood and Shrewsbury promoted and he seems to have got some momentum going at Tranmere. He also helped save Barnsley from relegation as assistant to a certain David Flitcroft one season, so also has Championship knowledge (albeit for a short time).

You're also right in the fact that Alan Hardy used to follow him on twitter (and I think the Mellon followed him), but not sure if that is still the case. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Micky Mellon is always being linked with jobs, seems to be well thought-of. And he has a great name. But, like Cowley, the question is whether he'd come. If he's got Tranmere on the up he might prefer to stick with them for the time being. The Notts job is hardly the chance of a lifetime.

David Flitcroft is an interesting call, however would he full into the experienced bracket? I'm not sure I would class him as that but I'm also not certain if I would be in favour or against.

Yet considering he spent awhile with Bury, I think this is how any conversation would go about coming here.

index.jpg

3 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

AH Twitter , apparently down to the last 2 , no clues as to who they are , only that they are experienced , getting close people the whole depression is lifting , don't you agree ???? I'm getting a real buzz back about NCFC , coyp :frantics:

Ah yes, but is he talking about new managers, or Mick Halsall's replacement? Very clever with his wording.

29 minutes ago, Modern Notts Fan 🔥 said:

Have a strange feeling its flitcroft whos got the job 

I wouldn't have a problem with this, the bloke played most of his career around the bottom divisions and has also saved two sides from relegation plus got one promoted from our division, so he knows what is needed. Either he, or Justin Edinburgh are the obvious candidates so will wait and see. 

i like how some fans are silly when it comes to who we may get.

they dont want failures or someone inexperienced, so what do they want? if your experienced but have been sacked your deemed a failure by anyones standard. if you list certain players, the most unrealistic option is chosen. really i dont mind who comes in but i hope they are good and have some track record of having done well.

bottom half of league two we are hardly going to get someone of proper quality are we?

1 hour ago, liampie said:

i like how some fans are silly when it comes to who we may get.

they dont want failures or someone inexperienced, so what do they want? if your experienced but have been sacked your deemed a failure by anyones standard. if you list certain players, the most unrealistic option is chosen. really i dont mind who comes in but i hope they are good and have some track record of having done well.

bottom half of league two we are hardly going to get someone of proper quality are we?

People were actually suggesting Sam Allardyce on Facebook.

Our league position just means we probably won't hire a manager whose stock is currently high. But that doesn't mean he won't be good. It's down to Mr Hardy to identify the right man for the job. Fingers crossed.

@DangerousSausage people post silly things on social media and then get all ruffled when it comes to discussing things, its why i like pon.

20 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Our league position just means we probably won't hire a manager whose stock is currently high. But that doesn't mean he won't be good.

exactly! no, it wont be hire. it will be someone most likely who has not done well but may with the right investment. most managers in the lower leagues arent very good, they are people who just tick over the time they are in charge of a team. i am not saying he wont be good, just that they wont be to the level some people think.

6 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

The list out rhere is really scary, Mark Robins is useless, David Flitcroft is no better, Gary McAllister just no, the list goes on but there are only three i'd want 

Flitcroft inherited a Bury side struggling against the drop to the Conference and guided them to League One. I'd be happy with that. And he was Keith Hill's right-hand man at Rochdale too, and saved Barnsley from relegation when Hill got his marching orders there. I'd rather steer clear of the other two though.

4 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Flitcroft inherited a Bury side struggling against the drop to the Conference and guided them to League One. I'd be happy with that. And he was Keith Hill's right-hand man at Rochdale too, and saved Barnsley from relegation when Hill got his marching orders there. I'd rather steer clear of the other two though.

Of the list on Skybet I'd rather we went for Dave Challinor or Kenny Jacket

Whoever AH chooses has a massive job on his hands but its a new beginning and time to put aside all the negativity and toxicity thats been around ML and all pull together.It's not going to be easy and AH knows this.Good luck !

Okay, okay.... Don't shoot me down folks!

IF we don't get an experienced manager, lets please not blame Alan Hardy or judge him on his optimistic attitude. Why not?

He probably had the best intentions to bring in experienced, however this comment came before the take over and not long after John Sheridan had departed. There was probably little knowledge of whom would be attracted to the club and consider the way this great club has been ran over the past several seasons (and even before that) - nobody should expect us to get a world class manager.

These guys simply don't exist in the lower tiers, what you find are capable managers of the silk of Martin Allen and the likes.

Now MA could have been a good solution to bring back the stability we need, however he's got his own challenge now. I really don't think a great deal of experienced managers would be looking to come here, the turmoil and all the negatives vibes would put most off alone.

I think its important we get behind whoever does accept the challenge, plus we keep in mind that AH has placed a considerable amount of investment into purchasing the club. Whereas I'm not convinced Nolan would be the right manager to lead us forward, I would do my all and utmost to back the club.

Really AH is bound to want to stay in this division, he has no reason to appoint someone on the cheap and some of the messages I've seen on social media should take a moment to refine who we actually are right now.

LET'S GET BEHIND THE CLUB, give them our full support and support each other as fans. We really need to move on now!

Sounds like it's a very small market @Elite_pie. I'd be happy with Flitcroft or Robins, both have turned struggling teams around. Jackett is great but wouldn't come. There's been a lot of movement on Kevin Nolan over the last couple of hours but I'm not sure it's him as AH has already stressed the need for experience. He would be given the benefit of the doubt though. What choice have we got?

Archived