The future of Notts County Football Club

magpiejue

As for the future of Notts County Football Club, it seems that at last we have got our foot on the first rung of a very steep ladder.  Alan Hardy has a huge task ahead of him, and to be honest all I ask from him this season is 22nd place or above - in fact I would be delighted if both Nottingham clubs finished in 22nd place!!!  I'm not too fussed over 5 year plans and the like, just get us looking and operating like a football club again.  I hope a few of those who have voted with their feet will now be tempted to return, starting on Saturday.  The sobering thought is that we still have the same bunch of players, let's hope Hardy can pass a bit of his enthusiasm on to them.

1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

The sobering thought is that we still have the same bunch of players, let's hope Hardy can pass a bit of his enthusiasm on to them.

i think if the tweets of our new chairman are anything to go by, we should have someone who will accept things at face value but work incredibly hard to make sure the players represent the club with some pride and a little bit of passion (if not more).

the chairman was never going to sack all the players and i doubt the next manager will. some will be released at the end of the season.

we focus on rebuilding now.

Supporter+

A polished turd is still a turd. This squad is full of turds polished or otherwise......

Only time will fix the type of players, we will know the direction in which we are going when the signings we get in aren't of this nature.

For now we have to pull together, there's certain players I don't wish to see at the club - however we can't simply get rid (unless they are replaced). Now it's time to build and to replace as we can. I hope we don't rush signing players now, I hope we sign the right ones and improve more in the new season.

I am not expecting fireworks instantly, I hope more of our lot fall into this bracket. There is much work required but I think we have found an owner who does not see the glamour of playing above our current weight. I think Alan Hardy will see it as a progression, so lets hope our former glory can be restored.

Onwards & Upwards.

Finally it is all done and dusted! I'm happy now that we can move forward and hopefully progress again.

I didn't agree with a lot of what Mr and Mrs Trew did as owners, but I'm sure it was all done with the best intentions and I wish them all the best for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a striking resemblance in tone between Mr Hardy's tweets and those of D J Trump. The over-dependence on adjectives and adverbs says it all. Notts fans need hard reality at this time... and the first reality is that Mansfield Town are about to bring all this false optimism crashing down to earth.

There is a very limited time frame in which to bring in half a new team if things are to be turned round. It looks like Nolan is an impulse appointment as manager instead of previous favourite, Maerk Robins. That surely means that there are no longer term plans in place to bring in new players so they too are likely to be spur of the moment decisions. It is not looking good.   

8 minutes ago, sidthekid said:

There is a striking resemblance in tone between Mr Hardy's tweets and those of D J Trump. The over-dependence on adjectives and adverbs says it all. Notts fans need hard reality at this time... and the first reality is that Mansfield Town are about to bring all this false optimism crashing down to earth.

There is a very limited time frame in which to bring in half a new team if things are to be turned round. It looks like Nolan is an impulse appointment as manager instead of previous favourite, Maerk Robins. That surely means that there are no longer term plans in place to bring in new players so they too are likely to be spur of the moment decisions. It is not looking good.   

Hi Sid and welcome to the community! Do I know you from somewhere? B)

I see your glass is half-empty. The Trump-esque tweets tickled me but I wouldn't read too much into them, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. At least he announced an intention for our scouting to cover local youth football again. Mr Hardy just has to provide a sound financial basis, judge wisely with his appointments and let them do their job. We could lose 10-0 against Mansfield and it wouldn't be a reflection on either AH or the new manager; it is very, very early days.

Archived