Update on Meadow Lane pitch, Puma sponsorship and possible brand new scoreboard

Joe Jones

Alan Hardy has mentioned a couple of updates on his Twitter page.

The first is a brand new pitch to be rolled out at the end of the season, and also a sponsorship with Puma...

pitch.png

And he also said he was looking into the possibility of installing a brand new state-of-the-art scoreboard.

board.png

Let's hear what you think about all three of these developments.

Supposedly the shirt supplier was all sorted under the previous regime, provided we don't get the cheap shirts that rip or peel when worn/pulled Puma will make a great addition. Just hope our shirt doesn't match or look like Newcastle's.

The scoreboard looks top quality.

And hopefully the pitch will be much better, it will certainly be interesting to see.

3 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

Alan Hardy has mentioned a couple of updates on his Twitter page.

Let's hear what you think about all three of these developments.

Here's what I think - all interesting, important and praiseworthy developments, but the fact he has announced them on his Twitter page really annoys me.  Why is there SWEET F A  about any of them on the official site?  What is the point in having an official site if it tells you next to nothing?  I'm probably biased in that I hate, loathe and despise Twitter, but would it really hurt to put things like this on both?

I agree with @Elite_pie, this information should be coming out via official channels. Otherwise, the fans who aren't on Twitter will end up hearing via word of mouth. There's a reason why we have a media team.

I'm not keen on the screen to be honest, I don't need highlights or replays at the football, I can do that later. And unless it's absolutely huge, it would be difficult to make anything out anyway - my local team has a screen measuring 40 square metres (that's easily bigger than the one in the pic) but it'd be no use for replays. I think there are more sensible things we could be spending money on.

Puma kits tend to be off-the-peg jobs in the lower divisions. But if it looks like this season's standard design then I don't mind too much!

c98434542d33.jpg

Sorry to sound off something that some my think only as negative.

But I would rather ground improvements come when attendances are up, if season tickets remain so high. We only encourage floating fans to support other big clubs who are cheaper or filter down into the non league.

i had hoped the prices would come down but i will still purchase one out of principle.

i think this is probably what hardy is hoping for, tho i do think he would get more down if they was cheaper. i saw someone say that he wrote on twitter that costs are going up? if that is his excuse, i dont think we should be spending money in areas we need not.

• 1 year later...

Jesus, all I did was ask a question.

You get excited about the season is heading and then you get a tool who tweets Alan claiming that everybody wants something now. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Neil76840169/status/968112884659179520

It's a little ironic I think, it doesn't matter if AH did up Meadow Lane or not but all the changes so far has made the ground look far more professional. Besides, I don't ask for things every other week. :lol:

Mate have words with him Thursday I’ll turn a blind eye mate 😂😉. 

The little prick who dived in clearly wants to play golf with Alan 😂😂

End if the day mate Don’t worry about it u did just ask mate he took it the wrong way ..! Medow Lane is looking better don’t take no notice.

18 minutes ago, liampie said:

@Chris ask ah to see if his golf partner has a st or not.

the guys cringeworthy, i mean who tweets someone so much? its lame. ignore him because his colours are there for all to see.

@Chris said the same thing about the season ticket and i said about him being a little arse kissing ***** ..! Pathetic *****

Alan Hardy does seem to react a little passive aggressive on Twitter.

The way he reacted it was like you had made a demand and surely he would want fans like you to be excited for the new season? I think he could probably sense the **** storm that was coming because of the fact Lifeline have paid for the PA system. He made it sound like it had come straight from his pocket before, very disappointing. The fan who mentioned Lifeline members should vote on it is right.

Why decide based on a Twitter poll where anybody can vote? Its not their money.

Why is a new PA system so important? It's been shown many times its how you speak into it that matters.

I would prefer a new scoreboard that actually works!

The highlights and replays would add far more value to the match day experience than announcements that nobody is bothered to hear. It could just be me but I think money from Lifeline should go to better use. I'm cancelling mine.

I would rather the money be spent on the catering side of things, or areas where the money could make a return.

The PA system is dated but I never listen to what the person has to say, I am not sure anybody would really care. The only purpose I think it has is when you miss or scored or are not sure what's happening. The current scoreboard does the job well enough.

Expect to hear more plugs of useless services and stuff like that, I'm not bothered either way but the announcer needs to go with the old system. I've been saying it for years, I struggle to stay awake and I know I sit in the Pavis stand.

Archived