Notts County Vs Ipswich Town

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The last of the friendlies!

After this Ladies and Gentleman the season starts and it all becomes important. We can finally reflect on the football we've seen and hopefully we can share the positives, as I have seen many myself. This game we will no doubt see Chris stick to a side he would have as his first 11.

So most likely less changes during the game or at least, we won't see any until the 70 minute.

Ipswich will be a good test, although I don't not rate them. I really hope we can go into the season having beat them, yes friendlies don't mean much but it can be an added boost. One which might tell our boys to go into Sheffield knowing they can win, which we can. We have to believe we can do this! Isn't this exiting?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

This is likely to be the most realistic test we'll have this pre-season in terms of the calibre of our opposition. Whilst Galatasary and Vallecano played good passing football, and the Finish sides were of a much lower standard (no disrespect) Ipwich will be more direct and likely similar to a lot of sides we'll be coming up against in league 1 this season.

It should be a good game. i think Ipswich will have a good season this year, I could see them challenging for the play-offs. They ended last season well and in Mick Mcarthy they have a very experienced manager who knows what it takes to get out of the Championship the right way. In the second half of last season they had one of the best deffensive units in the Championship, they just lacked goals but I think they've brought in a couple of new attacking options over the summer.

Who's going tommorow then? Have fun if you are going :) I'm going to Portland again to watch them play Dorchester Town - Weymouths local rivals. Andy Harris, the guy who scored one of Weymouth's biggest ever goals in an FA Cup 1st round draw over the river plays for Portland these days. He might be about 42 but he can still play a bit!

Have a good Saturday everybody :) COYP

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I hope we do well and play our best even though its a friendly. It will be nice to hear about a uk friendly.

only time will tell to see how we do.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I agree with you James.I don't think there will be so much 'pretty,pretty' football from Ipswich.It will be more of the type of opposition that Notts are likely to face each week,.more direct and probably more physical.I think Notts will be up for the challenge.It will be interesting to see which side CK chooses and what changes,if any,he makes..Notts to at least draw. :thumbsup:

Notts to at least draw. :thumbsup:

Dare I ask what @tonyhateley thinks? We've seen what can happen when you two start talking about predictions ;)

I was a bit disappointed with Rayo,James.For all their  slick passing there was often no end product(I think that was what Liam meant) and Notts  were able to cope very well most of the time.Tomorrow,as I've said ,will be different.I still think Notts will put on a good show though and stick with my prediction that Notts wont lose.

I've been patiently waiting for responses here, I fell asleep earlier as I felt unwell. I had hoped after sharing the link on FB that some of our wide eyed members would come on and post something, although the answer was no (I even asked Cheeky).

We beat Cardiff pre-season if I recall correctly, I think that was when Craig Short was in charge and we had some other good results.

I just think it will be a great thing for going into the new season, especially if we play well and win. We want morale and confidence to be high, if we can keep these levels up - performances will hopefully be enjoyable.

Hopefully we'll get some responses from some of the new members, now I've said this it won't happen. Jinxing things!

That sounds kind of similar to how Notts were on numerous occasions last season mate, plenty of possesion but we didnt really do much with it and our opposition were able to cope with us. Tommorow will be different, Mick McCarthy sides are normally pretty direct. Should be interesting.

I see the rams have a game at home to West Brom tommorow. That should also be pretty interesting, bit of a local derby too

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Sadly I won't be there, we are off to the zoo with the grandchildren.

I agree it will be a stern test I think Notts will have to play their best to win this one, we will give them a good game but I think Ipswich will probably just edge it winning 2-1 a goal in the last ten minutes of the game as Chris gives some of the fringe players a run out

I would expect Chris to stick as close to his starting 11 as possible, I don't see him making changes unless we're forced but then again you never know. I personally hope we see a stable side, as we need to get back to a normal lineup. I wouldn't really make unnecessary changes myself but this is just me. I hope we don't see Zoko fall back into the left side of midfield, I think if he does it should be behind the forwards where he can be a threat. A fan behind where myself and @super_ram kept shouting silly comments.

He was the type you'd probably bang your head against a wall if you was stuck near them.

'Get back on the wing zoko, your no use where you are' and 'Where playing to many forwards - get back on the wing zoko'.

I should plug headphones in and listen to the coverage or music but I dislike it when fans feel the need to 'have' to say something. I'd much rather hear him singing or shouting encouragement. The two comments I've shared are two of the more 'normal' one's, some contained many swear words.

I think Notts will win personally or at least I hope so, I don't rate Ipswich. I would say 2-0.

icon_share.png notts-joeA fan behind where myself and @super_ram kept shouting silly comments.

You get this type of fan everywhere,they like the sound of their own voice and rarely have anything worthwhile to say.The chap behind us was annoying but it all adds to the atmosphere and he just showed himself up.

tonyhateley  Sadly I won't be there, we are off to the zoo with the grandchildren.

Have a great time with the family,Tony.Hope the forecasted storms hold off.Enjoy. :thumbsup:

weymouthPIE  I see the rams have a game at home to West Brom tommorow. That should also be pretty interesting, bit of a local derby too                                      

This should be a good indicator(as are Ipswich)  .I was sorry to see John Brayford leave but he wanted to further his career so good luck to him.Hope we can get a good central defender  and possibly a fullback with the transfer money received.  I'm feeling really optimistic for both Notts and Derby. Hope I feel the same at full time    :thumbsup:                                   

A 3-3 draw then, good comeback from Notts who found themselves 2-0 and 3-1 down at points in the game. Good to see Danny Haynes on the score sheet again and Arquin. Sounds like he's really upped his game this pre-season. A good entertaning game was how two of my mates described it in text updates to me, which is good for the fans as much as anything. Think its fair to say that wasent the case a few times last season

• Content Count:  13,080
  • Days Won:  162

ha Joe got it wrong! hard luck.

we battled brilliantly to pull it back, some great football and what a day for goals. Ipswich played well!

I'll be the first to admit that Ipswich played very well, much better than I anticipated.

I must say that we invited them, they came out sharp, quick and looking to score as quickly as possible. There was a little tension from a couple of our players and CK did well to calm the players down, he kept telling them actually what he thought and he had to be strong in order to make sure the players received his instructions. We played well, I would say much better than them in the second half and I think our performance out shadows their own but on the back of everything they did extremely well, both teams did.

Greg Tempest is welcome by me to play at the back, I was wrong about it and he used his ability well. I really rate Greg as a midfielder and seeing him limited at the back was my concern, although it's great that he could gain experience from playing at the back. I wouldn't do a Liddle however, I would hope we keep him as a midfielder who can cover.

Arquin is looking like he's getting both attitude and desire spot on, credit to the coaching staff but I will say, I feel glad I seem to be right about this. At least I haven't got it all wrong! :P

Supporter+

Looks like I missed a good exciting game, I listened to Colin Slater's summary on the way back from the zoo where I spent the day with the grandchildren and he said that Ipswich were really strong in the first half and were good for their lead but Notts came back strongly and deserved a draw.

He gave special praise to Arquin for his goal which sounds like a corker.

Well done Notts, keep it up, can't wait till Friday.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

It sounds like it was a very good game.Well done Notts

• Content Count:  13,080
  • Days Won:  162

It sounds like it was a very good game.Well done Notts

It was a good game, notts was only disappointing in that they allowed them to come at us so easily. we need to make this harder because ipswich could have scored more if we had not taken some of the pressure from off ourselves.

does anyone know what happened to hollis? i heard he picked up a foot injury.

Well done Notts.Everyone appears to be happy with the performance and result.I'm not too downhearted about our  game today and apparently our Nigel has a full back lined up to replace Brayford,,not that Freeman let us down.Also he may hopefully get us a good central defender..Don't forget that Mr. Trew also mentioned additions to Notts squad-Looking rosy-yes/? :excited:

It's certainly look bright but I wouldn't say quite orange yet. LOL *Sorry, poor joke*

You can now check previous fixture scores, including Match Info and Key Match Details: Here

I haven't added all the fixtures, only since I've started this up and to be honest it would be quite awkward to sort the Finland friendlies out, as with the timezone and who scored would be like a scooby doo mystery. None the less, I think it's very cool and a sign we're continuing to move forward! I've also updated the team pages and whole thing is awesome. :D

Supporter+

It's certainly look bright but I wouldn't say quite orange yet. LOL *Sorry, poor joke*

You can now check previous fixture scores, including Match Info and Key Match Details: Here

Hi Joe,

I'm lying in bed viewing from my mobile and you link doesn't work for me.

I'll try it on the desktop later, thought I'd let you know.

Hi Joe,

I'm lying in bed viewing from my mobile and you link doesn't work for me.

I'll try it on the desktop later, thought I'd let you know.

Sadly, the system doesn't yet support mobiles but I am hopefully support will be added. It should work if you toggle to the normal skin, although it will be very small. Just need to get these areas formatted correctly so that they display on each device. :D

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

It was a good game by all accounts.

Very early on, it was quick paced and just needed to settle down. After they scored they kept going, Mick pulled one of their better players off as he seemed concerned we would injure him? I do not know what he was moaning about. Their lad who kept going in rough and trying to start fights, looked more likely to walk or injury on of our boys.

The come back, made the day even better and I enjoyed having a drink with some good friends in the Navi.

Get them on here, sharing and enjoying this fine site. See you all at Bramall Lane!

David

Supporter+

For those who didn't attend the match if you haven't seen it yet here is Arquin's superb solo goal.

>http://youtu.be/TV3X9SCprkQ

Great goal.It just shows how quickly one loose pass and a good interception can lead to a goal.Thanks for the share,Tony :thumbsup:

Archived