Match Discussion: Game 6 - The Shrimps (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,287
  • Days Won:  80

Game 6 - The Shrimps (H)

Team: Morecambe

Date: 09/09/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Will be attending this game. Think it will be a win for Notts as we look to stretch out to a 6 game unbeaten streak. We must remain physical so once again i think we're looking at a strike partnership of Ameobi and Stead. My lineup is as follows:

4-4-2

Collin / Hunt - Brisely - Duffy - Jones / Hawkridge - Hewitt - Grant - Alessandra / Ameobi - Stead

I have chosen Hunt because i think his physical ability will prove vital against a strong Morecambe plus thought he did well against Vale. I would like to see Hollis in for Brisley if the head injury was a bit more serious than we thought. Ill go for a 3-0 win. Call me silly but i think they're really slow at the back and the pace of our wingers will crush them. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Allow Milsom to hold the ball and direct the tempo, play Grant just in front of him within a free roaming position (he needs to get hold of the ball and to influence it) - use the two wingers we signed in Hawkridge and Alessandra.

Give the forwards a bit more bite, so rest either Ameobi or Stead (this won't happen).

Ensure the defence is focused on protecting Collin, as Morecambe do have some very good team players who would love to take a shot at distance. This, and the fact they can be quite physical. We as a club will be thinking '3 points' and we need to work hard to achieve this. I don't see it being an easy game, not at all and it will take for us to play well in order to pull anything convincing off.

The good thing is that we have played better at Meadow Lane, so use the Chesterfield game as a base to instruct the players.

I can see the score being something like 2-1, 3-1 (if things go right for us).

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524

Its a good chance for the club to push further up, Morecambe shouldn't be a team we worry about. If we play right it should be a victory for us.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,940
  • Days Won:  162

morecambe have the same amount of points as they have played, so i think they will look to draw against us. i do not know how they are playing but i just want to see us work on the passing because its lacking.

we have done better when we attack in the right way.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,468
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am more confident watching Notts at home rather than away.

I think we have played some good football on the new pitch at meadow lane, so I think we are in a good shape of winning Morecombe.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Chris said:

The good thing is that we have played better at Meadow Lane, so use the Chesterfield game as a base to instruct the players.

Agreed.

We just need to hold out for longer because we have the tendency of giving games a way. 

I'm hoping the pitch holds up well with all the rain, this will be the first real test for it. It should be fine, as it seems to drain much better and when I took pictures of Meadow Lane a few weeks back it had rained quite heavily the night before and somewhat in the morning.

Just really hope it doesn't tear up because I think it's made a huge difference so far this season.

Hopefully Morecambe will struggle to get a hold of the game, and we can just try to create chances.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Great win in the end. Morecambe have been a bogey side in recent years but Notts were really impressive. Could have scored more in the first half alone, Dan Jones's free kick was a peach, then they weathered the storm in the second half and who else but our main man Jonny Forte getting the cherry on top. Now, years of supporting this side know I shouldn't get carried away, especially one month into the season, but dammit it's all going swimmingly at the moment.

I thought Notts played quite well, in spells we really dominated the play but without a few things going our way - this really would have been a draw.

Morecambe was very poor, I thought they would be more aggressive and physical but they only changed once the free-kick had gone in. To be fair, they allowed us to have more time on the ball by using three men to mark players like Jorge Grant. I agree that our football wasn't pretty at times, yet it's very good progress on the back of a very poor season last year and the promising signs are that it's improving.

The injury to Shola Ameobi was a massive blow, though Jonathan Forte has proven that he can come in and score.

The team spirit shined during the period whereby Morecambe threatened, though I must say Duffy looks the weak link in defence and his rushing of the play was very frustrating.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,940
  • Days Won:  162

it was sad to see people leaving around the 75th minute mark moaning about how poor the game was, i thought notts played quite well but lacked fire power and we really did miss shola in the squad half.

second goal people became more cheerful.

good performance and win for me.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524

Very good win.

Notts seem a much different team this season and Kevin Nolan has his side working towards a promising start. I know people are moaning that the football is not pretty or entertaining but you need the players to do that. Good managers make do with what they have! 2-0 is a fantastic result against a team Notts always seems to struggle against.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,468
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Performance was better yesterday against Morecambe than it was v Accrington.

I am not sure why Notts fans was walking out, especially when we was winning 1-0. I just found it funny when Forte scored because they would have missed it all. :lol: