Retained Lists - released players that could come to Notts

Joe Jones

With the regular League Two season over, the majority of clubs have set about deciding which of their current players will stay and which will have to seek pastures new.

It's a constantly changing list so my best bet for you to keep tabs on the news is via the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/44057195

Any players that have been released so far from other teams that take your fancy?

Nathan Smith from Yeovil could be a good addition, he has raw potential and a lot of pace - something we lack.

Sam Hird from Chesterfield is an alright defender at this level and at League One standard, I think his experience could be useful.

I forget the striker which is set to be released (I think), many Notts fans want him but I'm hoping that we can secure the services of player from teams below or around us rather than the ones nobody else wants. There's got to be a mix.

The unfortunate thing is that we all knew a striker was the missing piece in the jigsaw to get us promoted. Sadly Kevin realised too late that We had the answer to the problem in Forte.

Obviously it all depends on which league we end up in next year but I hope we will be looking for at least League 1 quality. Ben Hall has been a revelation since he came in. Not sure about Bennett on loan again..... he looked good but was it just a flash in the pan or could he be a rough diamond for us.

no one on the list stands out as worth taking a risk on for me. Maybe big Al will spend a bit and get some one worth having !

i know it’s all water under the bridge now but.... oh, if only Kevin !

jack baldin and john akinde would make good additions i think.

forest also released jack hobbs who could be a solid coup for league two and a great addition if we gain promotion. also aaron smith amd connor smith could make the grade here.

Supporter+
On 16/05/2018 at 20:23, liampie said:

jack baldin and john akinde would make good additions i think.

forest also released jack hobbs who could be a solid coup for league two and a great addition if we gain promotion. also aaron smith amd connor smith could make the grade here.

Jack Hobbs is forever injured that’s why Florist have released him.

5 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Jack Hobbs is forever injured that’s why Florist have released him.

He's got the potential to be a decent signing, as some wanted us to sign Kelvin Wilson before and he's very, very injury prone.

I don't know, if Kevin Nolan felt he could get him fit and keep him that way he'd be a great signing in my opinion. He's a very good defender when he's fit, so certainly worth exploring. If he's shot, I'd imagine he'd retire.

sometimes you have to go for the players who have the quality but also other risks attached to them. hobbs is a brilliant defender and forest have caused his injury issues by playing him when hes not fully fit.

Archived