So what’s left?

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

After Dan Jones signing on that means Kellet will be left wing I assume so who else is needed in your opinion? 

(Leaving O’Connor out of it for the moment.)

For me...

sub keeper ( Pind hasn’t signed and I missed it has he?)

back up right back with pace ala Jones on the left.

Centre back. Not Duffy! We need a starter CB. Then let’s throw another in there for competition as well. Why not? 😂😂

Right winger.

Striker on loan maybe?

If I was going all out then I’d get rid of Hawkridge and Alessandro and get two more wingers in to cover/challenge.

If Mason Bennett is a possibility then I’d jump at taking him. Looked good in the glimpse he had on the field. Sits well with the new partnership of Hemings and Dennis. (Christ please leave Stead on the bench. He is not a target man. We need to play to feet now!)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Keeper: I'm doubtful we can rely on Fitzsimons throughout the course of the season, I rate him but worry about loss of form/injury and Pindroch isn't the answer. I'd also really hate to see the Pilkington effect happen whereby Crossley feels forced to put on the shirt because he knows the backup isn't good enough (i.e Fabs when he lost his confidence). :lol:

Defenders: We need a CB to keep Duffy from starting regularly (provided he signs which I am sure he will - so it could be two if he doesn't stay) and I would say we need a good experienced DR/L (ideally someone who can play both positions at the back) and then someone young to push Tootle / be cover for him.

Winger: There must be one more winger on the cards, we still lack any sort of pace to be a threat here. Alessandra and Hawkridge work hard but they don't have any sort of dangerous speed about them and as wingers they lack that final third touch which can make all the difference.

Backup/Rotation Striker: Lastly a striker, Mason Bennett would be fine. Use him on rotation and if he stays injury free play him.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

I would have to say no to Mason Bennett, we have three strikers on the books (four if you include Remaye). If we are to sign another striker then we need someone different, a big target man to alter things. I don't see the point in substituting like with like.

Other than that, I think we need:

Keeper, obviously a new first choice, or rival for Fitz.

Centre Half: Duffy would be fine as backup, but he is too lightweight now and I get fed up watching his theatrics of throwing himself to the ground in order to get a free kick.

Winger: Someone quick as everybody else has mentioned that can actually take a player on.

A loan RB would do to cover Toots, alternatively Hewitt can always cover that position in an emergency.

Keep Alessandro as an impact sub and although I like Hawkridge's work rate and defensive cover, I would let him go as he deserves first team football somewhere. Biggest signing we can make this summer though is O'Connor, let him sit in front of the back four and dictate play as he reads the game well.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

main positions for me are goal and cb.

we need to cover these two areas with proper quality, brisley and fitzsimons have been amazing but one needs a partner and the other needs pushing more. at his age he should not be guaranteed to be starting.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

There's a lot more business needed in the recruitment department, we have the majority of areas covered but I feel we need more quality. I would also go with a fourth striker because of injury worries, none of the youth players will be good enough without time. I know Campbell will need experience but if we are to aim for promotion, we have to avoid rushing him.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

There are still a lot more sigingings required just to add depth to the squad cause a great run in the fa cup would be amazing and promotin in to league one would make an amazing season 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

It will be interesting to see who else comes in. Alan Hardy hinted that 2 more are on the way. For me, we need a good centre half and cover for Toots. 

In saying all of that I really feel that things are taking shape really well. Who else was expecting another lack lustre transfer window, with us not knowing what the hell was happening until the last week before the deadline ! What a revelation this closed season has been so far. If we don’t get success this season it won’t be for the want of trying that’s for sure.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Backup Right back, left back, striker. New ball playing CB. New starting winger. two if Hawkridge leaves

Need a new left back because I don't want the case of Kellett starting on the wing and being backup LB. Jones will know his backup will be playing LM most of the time and therefore might think he can get away with a not 100% performance. Not saying Jones is lazy, I'm saying competition for places is important and it is important to have a proper backup at left back rather than someone who is playing in another position already. Keeps the starter on his toes and pushes him to play at his best all of the time.

We need a proper backup not someone else who plays in another position. Like last season when we had two right backs (Tootle, Hunt) and two left backs (Jones, Dicko)

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

1 hour ago, ARLukomski said:

Backup striker.

Tbf mate we would be better looking for someone who can play both striker / winger as unless K&K get injured i cannot see anyone starting ahead of them & we also have a truly excellent prospect in Remaye who is an out & out forward

Now that Pindroch has extended his stay, I really hope we are seeking a solid backup because I don't fancy seeing him between the sticks for us anytime soon.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

32 minutes ago, Chris said:

Now that Pindroch has extended his stay, I really hope we are seeking a solid backup because I don't fancy seeing him between the sticks for us anytime soon.

What about Fitzsimons mate 

Ross Fitzsimons is fine as our number one, yet we need a good backup keeper.

Our current reserve keeper may be one for the future but watching him train he doesn't seem good enough and the games I've seen him play would confirm he's not ready, good keepers standout a mile away and don't need to be playing to be reliable in my opinion.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

If Notts have money after covering all the remaining positions which are required, GK, DC, LB, Winger. I would prefer the club to have a 4th striker that can get us goals, I would not want to see us rush a rookie like we always tend to do. Allow him to play, but mostly where the pressure is off.

Archived