Kevin Nolan’s second season be better than the first.?

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So Kevin Nolan is entering his second season as Notts County manager are you guys happy about that or should he have sacked.? Or do you think that the disappointment of the play offs and some of the errors the team made and he did will spear him forward to have more successful season I.e county getting promoted. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's rare to find a manager who's inexperienced but can lead a squad to back-to-back successful seasons, after leading us to safety during the campaign he took over and narrowing falling short of the playoffs, I think it's fantastic that he did one better this past season. With the way the squad is shaping up, I do feel we can be pushing for the autos - as I have said previously 'stability' is the key.

Kevin Nolan is also starting to establish his own squad, so we should be seeing some good times on the pitch this upcoming season.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

kn has improved after each season and hes getting that all important experience, my hope is that this season with a quality squad behind him we can fully take on the best teams in this league.

having a season like 09/10 would be a massive thing.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

The amount of progress that we have made under Kevin Nolan is nothing short of incredible, however the pressure will be on and the majority of squads will want to prove themselves against us.

If we don't finish within the top 3, sadly some fans won't think it will progress and things could get harder.

I would have a bet that Kevin makes it through the season and manages to get us within a top 7 finish, hopefully higher.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I have to agree with all the comments above his improvements he has made to the squad and the fact he is In exspirence As well. But I believe the honey moon period is over and next season it’s make or break and will have to produce The goods

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

My head tells me we are due a bad season, yet my heart says everything will be fine. Its important if we miss out on promotion that we give Kevin Nolan proper time to fix the leaks in the squad, we have the options up front and on paper it looks like only a few areas needs patching up.

I'm sure he will do well.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

Pressure will be on him to go one better than last season, its going to be another rollercoaster.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

On the basis of the signings so far, things do appear to be very good and I do feel we will be pushing for promotion. If we can replicate the togetherness of last season, just with a better attacking squad we should be up there come the end of the season.

Kevin Nolan will be wanting promotion as much as we do.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

You can tell by the way a manage handles himself if they will be successful, the results alone in the past two seasons under him speaks volumes. The problem for managers is dry patches or when they run out of ideas, backing can make all the difference as we saw last season when idiots wanted him sacking.

He will continue to improve, and hopefully so will te club.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

Nobody in their right mind would want Kevin Nolan to be sacked, it was harsh calls for it before and those must have been very fickle fans.

He took us from almost relegation to narrowly missing out on the playoffs, to actually leading and making them and I think next season we should go one better. I hope if in January we are in a strong person that we don't sit back and settle for the playoffs, we need to get out of League Two ASAP.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

22 hours ago, Anti-Red said:

Pressure will be on him to go one better than last season, its going to be another rollercoaster.

yeah maybe, but i think we should be positive and try to encourage the team. if we get a few more good additions i think we will be pushing for the autos.

Archived