Jermaine Pennant autobiography

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,285
  • Days Won:  80

From The Mirror:

After bursting on to the scene as a flying teenage winger with Notts County, Jermaine Pennant has seldom been out of the news.

He gained a high-profile move to Arsenal aged just 15 for £2m - a then-record for a teenager.

But trouble seemed to follow around Pennant - raised on a tough Nottingham estate - and a drink driving ban meant he became one of the first footballers to play with an electronic tag.

That did not stop him having a good career with the likes of Liverpool, Stoke and Portsmouth - and there was even the time Real Madrid bid £3.5m for him.

With a warts-and-all new book 'Mental' set to be published, we look at Pennant's career, life and marriage...

If you fancy reading further here's the link to the article.

Is this something you'd consider buying? Let PON know.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,810
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@PON_News"He gained a high-profile move to Arsenal aged just 15 for £2m - a then-record for a teenager"

I doubt Notts ever saw the likes of that money..Maybe they got 500k/600k downpayment but with Notts finances at the time, on a downward spiral, I believe Storrie went to see David Dein and got presumably a miserly settlement, as we were not in a strong negotiating position..always stand to be corrected

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It can feature much football because he could have played far more if he kept focus, I always felt he was overrated and although you could see a good player - if Notts got any of the money that was reported as part of the deal. Then I would say it was us who robbed Arsenal, he was never that good.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i bet the books mostly fictional aimed to make him money now that hes skint. he wasted his playing career by being a moron, now he wants to celebrate it in book form? it should not be punished.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am sure it would make an interesting read, even if the book is largely fiction. I would hope he's answered why he tended to leave expensive cars in airports and car parks.

It's almost like an expensive present for them. 😛 

• Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

He wasted his career by being more focused on partying than his performances, if he better people around him who could have kept him grounded I think he would have played more for England.

His book won't be interesting, as you cannot trust it to be truthful.

• Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't buy it, but its probably a good read even if he does bend the truth a little in certain areas.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I might buy it and give it a book review, PON might want to publish it?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

The reason why Pennant never achieved any actual success in his career is because he was always over hyped. Technically a gifted player but remove his speed and skill, he had nothing.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I sneakily had a breath read of this and its quite well written, but the stories he mentions doesn't seem very genuine. It's a good read though and not so much about his time at Notts.

Archived