Renaming stadium?

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I suppose it depends on the length of time and the money involved.

I wouldn't want Notts to cheaply allow the stadiums name to be renamed for a small fee, it has to be the right price but as people say the KOP gets renamed. The ground will be Meadow Lane no matter what.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

I am pleased Alan Hardy wants Meadow Lane to be in the title.

Our opinions won't matter when the time comes, the clubs board will make the decision and I don't mind either way. I think it's a bit daft people crying blue murder over this, it's all about survival in League Two and making sure you have enough money. People wanted the club to take a risk like this to get out of the league and some has to pay for it, if it worked nobody would be complaining.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

Not bothered but money's money at the end of the day.

It's something Notts doesn't have a lot of and if someone offered a good figure and the board said no, THEN people WOULD be moaning.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  633
  • Days Won:  1

I don't mind, I can still call it Meadow Lane just like anyone else.

I don't see the problem.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

The fee would have to match the ambition of the club which might prove to be tricky for the sales team.

If the deal is for 5, 10 or 20 years it could be a waste of resources now. I'm not against the idea but the club should look to do a short term agreement first to see if it works out for both parties.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It will always be Meadow Lane.

I would take the money and run because it doesn't matter what it's called, fans will be the same. I don't see the problem myself.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

It depends on the agreement but in principle I am more than happy for the club the sell the stadium rights.

• Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

Personally if I was him, I would be putting all my efforts into keeping the club in the football league rather than worrying about some naming rights.

To me it will always be Meadow Lane, just like it is still the Main Stand, County Road, Meadow Lane end and Spion Kop. Not one for changing just because someone else has put a name on it!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

It doesn't bother me either, Meadow Lane will be how I refer to the home of Notts County.

If the money can be spent wisely and not wasted, sure go for it but my worries is that any fee paid would be wasted.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

25 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I would be putting all my efforts into keeping the club in the football league rather than worrying about some naming rights.

This is the managers job.

If the money charged for the stadium rights could help reduce the debt and release some of the players who are not required, then I am all for this.

• Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

1 hour ago, allardyces tash said:

This is the managers job.

If the money charged for the stadium rights could help reduce the debt and release some of the players who are not required, then I am all for this.

The new manager can only play with the hand he has been dealt, we all know that the squad is a midfielder and a keeper short of us staying up. AH has to finance those sooner rather than later.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I think it would be better kept as meadow lane because knowing Notts luck we'd get a silly sponser company name like some other league clubs.

We all know it as meadow lane anyway and i do know it will bring in some much needed money but surely theres another way.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

On 12/09/2018 at 23:25, Fozzy said:

The new manager can only play with the hand he has been dealt, we all know that the squad is a midfielder and a keeper short of us staying up. AH has to finance those sooner rather than later.

Valid point, AH needs to address the finances.

Archived