So What’s your Favourite Notts season as a fan.?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

09/10 it was the first season i saw notts have some form of success.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

This is such a hard question as I would like to say the early 80s when Notts were promoted and playing in the top flight, but I quite young and didn't watch us live very often, so I will plump for the 89/90 season and our first promotion under Warnock and our first trip to Wembley. That was a great year and one I will never forget! After that, my favourite would be the 93/94 season where we beat Derby, Forest and Leicester at home in Div 2 and just missed out on the playoffs whilst playing some great football.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The 1998 season.

It was the last season I watched games with my grandfather and he made every effort to take me to the important games, including the final home game. It was a great season and I have fond memories of certain games.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

09/10

It was a whirlwind of a season and I enjoyed every minute, I didn't think the title would be won by Notts but it goes to show you can have turmoil going on in the background and achieve. You just have to have the right players and that winning mentality.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

47 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I will plump for the 89/90 season and our first promotion under Warnock and our first trip to Wembley.

This would be my choose.

The 89/90 season was amazing, I wished Notts would re-release clips of the successful seasons from time to time. Show the younger fans that Notts has been successful more than once.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

The season 70-71 i think, when we went up from the 4th to 3rd division under the legend that was Jimmy Sirrel. 1981 when we went up to the old First division after beating Chelsea 0-2 at Stamford Bridge, my daughter was born that year, and we had a black and white Silver Cross pram for her. All the seasons we went to Wembley in the play offs too, were great times, and of course 2009/10 was fantastic too. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Any of the seasons where Notts was in the top flight, it was good to see Notts taking on the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and many others. I don't have a standout season, just a lot of good memories of seeing the club play against top teams.

• Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

For us younger fans it will always be the 09/10 season.

It was a mysterious and exciting time to be a fan, on the pitch Notts was fantastic and the squad instantly connected. I think you can tell a good squad just by looking at them, the confidence was there to be seen and some of the results was fantastic. Lee Hughes also made a great connection with the fans, his celebration used to wake up the Kop and get the fans right behind the team.

We don't have any current players who looks to draw a response like this from the stands.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

@TheSkipper  us older fans enjoyed that rollercoaster of a season as well bud , the team in the end were just to good for the rest how many times have we been able to say that . 

Loved the Wembley years as well . 

Being greedy now but the successful years under the legend Jimmy Sirrel as @magpiejue says were terrific. 

• Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@Who r ya?? You Pies!! I don't mind the ups and downs, it makes it more special when you have a good season. I just hope Notts can level themselves out so that when a poor season does happen, its due to being mid table rather than near relegation at least in this league.

Archived