Player Ratings: Crawley Town (H)

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Based on /10. Brilliant 3-1 win over a strong free scoring Crawley.

Fitzsimmons 7/10 - Good saves made and calmed the game down when Crawley were looking strong. Another convincing performance that shows he is putting his old woes behind him.

Tootle 6/10 - Good runs made and covered well with their quick winger. Improved performance.

Turley 6/10 - I do like Brisely but I can't help but think that Turley has been the difference in the defence. He is not afraid to shout and command and is a real hustle and bustle type of player in the defence. Should keep his place.

Ward 6/10 - Again quality, experience showed at times and dealt with Ollie Palmer well, he was kept quiet most of the game.

Evina 5/10 - Went pretty quiet throughout the game, popped up sometimes with the odd deadly ball into the box but apart from that didn't see much of him.

Boldewjin 7/10 - Rapid pace and Crawley couldn't do anything about him. Simply couldn't defend him today. Just had no real scoring opportunity.

Milsom 3/10 - Silly red card! He played OK but the red card was deserved and can't help but think he has let himself and the team down. Left them with a lot of work to do.

Hewitt 7/10 - He has silenced the doubters especially me. Played well and he often pops up in the oppositions area without being detected which can be dangerous for them. He did well tonight and deserves a beer or two.

Alessandra 6/10 - Effort was 100% tonight, his first instinct is to pass which is good but also when he gets right in front of goal I feel sometimes he is afraid to pull the trigger. Maybe should work on his shooting a bit more to boost his confidence as I think he has a right cannon on him sometimes.

Stead 6.5/10 - I think he will struggle at Macclesfield, he looks good but the poor lad needs a rest I think, hes gone by 60 minutes. Took his goal superbly and glad he got the goal, he is a real fans favourite at the moment but give the poor lad a rest. 

Hemmings 7/10 - Adapted to RM a few times and defended well when required. Stayed calm and didn't fluff his chance to take his goal. His is playing well and Is just the striker we need. Lost the ball a few times though which was disappointing the fact he gave it away so cheaply but I guess that is league two for you.

Let me know your ratings down below and if you agree or disagree with mine. 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Mean of 5/10

Fitzsimons 7 Better positioning, commanding area and some useful long kicks.Deserved a clean sheet but defence left him exposed for their goal

Tootle 6 Really depends who is in front of him as on either flank, defensive work rate of wide players could be better. 

Turley 5.5 No nonsense Centre Half, less mobile but does what is required at this level

Ward 6 Experienced pro shows through

Evina 5.5 Had some tricky wide men to face..got skinned for the goal but overall, a great improvement on Jones

Boldewijn 6 Double marked but always the best Notts moves come through him. A little lazy at times in defensive duties

Milsom 4 Not malicious, but seen Red given many times before. Lack of real mobility a concern

Hewitt 6.5 Better at doing the defensive sweeping up as again lack of ability on the ball shown through

Alessandra 7 Unheard of high scores from me! Maybe found his position, but I do find annoying he checks his runs far too much

Stead 7 Leads the line well, perhaps should have had a penalty too. Great finish for his goal

Hemmings 6 again hard work down the flank and some good runs. No real scoring threat, despite the first goal

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Fitzsimons - 7 did what he had to do well without panicking, unlucky not to get a clean sheet

Tootle - 6.5 good solid performance got forward well had a great chance to score and should have

Turley- 6.5 

Ward - 6.5 big tall lad did well

Evina - 6 played well in first half but did fade slightly later

Boldewijn - 8 made some great mazy runs, was obviously up for it against his old club, the more I see the more I like

Milsom - 5.5 there was no malice in the tackle but on reflection probably correct decision

Hewitt - 8 great performance in midfield, brilliant closing down and generally getting into the oppositions face when they had the ball

Alessandra - 9 the best game I’ve seen him play in a Notts shirt, well in any shirt for that matter, was involved in a lot of the forward play and ran his socks off

Stead - 8 took the goal brilliantly, he tired at the end and should’ve been subbed instead of Hemmings

Hemmings - 7.5 good strong performance and a goal what more can you ask?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Fitzsimons - 7/10 - He shown that he's finally found his voice, his distribution was a little off but he dealt with everything well.

Tootle - 6/10 - Went forward well, defended and tried to keep the players around him focused.

Turley - 6/10 - He struggled at times to keep up but he was very aware, he's impressed me a lot playing at centre back.

Ward - 5/10 - For the most part he was fine but he didn't mark well for me, he tended to leave things late and Fitzsimons had several words with him which they both laughed about in a good team spirit way. A better side at finishing would have taken two of the chances Ward gifted.

Evina - 5/10 - Solid, he was better attacking but didn't shy from his defensive duties and always made the ground up that he lost.

Boldewijn - 6/10 - Exciting at times but overall quiet, he needed a goal to lift himself but I was happy with his work rate.

Milsom - 5/10 - I'm not sure it was a sending off myself, I need to see it again but he was pretty average throughout the game up-to that point.

Hewitt - 6/10 - Steady performance and looked confident, he did better off the ball and I liked how he was keen to intercept weak passes.

Alessandra - 8/10 - Fantastic performance, he worked hard from the word go and picked up balls. Played the right passes and go Notts moving.

Stead - 7/10 - Steady performance as always, he was fouled quite a lot but never let it throw him off his performance.

Hemmings - 6/10 - He really needs a goal but I felt he worked hard and dealt well with some dodgy Crawley tactics.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

I thought Jamie Turley did much better than Elliott Ward, he stayed with his man and didn't leave it to scrambles to sort out his lack of defending. Otherwise I think everyone is about right.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Fitzsimmons 6/10 - Still some way to go for me. He’s getting more confident but almost everything he saved was straight at him.

Tootle 6/10 - Kept busy last night but could/should have done better with the header.

Turley 7/10 - No nonsense, get the job done player. Kept talking throughout and as he gets more used to his team mates he’ll be the defender we’ve been missing for ages.

Ward 7.5/10 - Another solid performance, we now have a centre half pairing we can have confidence in.

Evina 5/10 - Steady game, not quite the impact he had on Saturday.

Boldewjin 7/10 - Looked to be more up for it last night, hope he can continue showing that effort.

Milsom  5/10 - Played well again up until the “rush of blood”. Shame, we’ll miss him.

Hewitt 7.5/10 - Another good performance. Getting back to his best now that he in back in midfield.

Alessandra 8/10 - Effort was 100% again. He’s in the best form of his Notts career.

Stead 7/10 - Another skippers performance and a lovely finish. I think he shows his age around 70 minutes though. 

Hemmings 8/10 - Another one who tries his best every game. Good to see him get the reward last night.

got to give recognition to Thomas. What a fantastic free kick.

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Chris said:

Hemmings - 6/10 - He really needs a goal but I felt he worked hard and dealt well with some dodgy Crawley tactics.

He got a goal @Chris did you miss it?

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Just watched the highlights on the Notts site and adjusted my rating of Fitzsimmons from 6/10 to 5/10........ he should have easily stopped the cross for their goal. I’m not one for giving a sympathy vote. 😊

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

He got a goal @Chris did you miss it?

🤣 I thought it was someone else! The announcer on the PR system does my head in.

Anyone for some Bold Wine?

Supporter+
28 minutes ago, Chris said:

🤣 I thought it was someone else! The announcer on the PR system does my head in.

Lol I know what you mean i can't make out whats said half the time. I'm not sure that Enzios name isn't pronounced 'bolderwine' thats how Stallard says it.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

Fitzsimons - 7/10 - he played well, made most of the right decisions and seems to have gained a new lease of life.

Tootle - 5/10 - he played well enough but he seemed more focused on attacking than defending.

Turley 6/10 - he got caught out but he dealt with most things, i just felt he looked a bit easy to attack at times.

Ward 6/10 - similar to turley he struggled at times but generally looked okay.

Evina 7/10 - i felt he played very well. i dont get why people are suggesting he was quiet.

Boldewijn 6/10 - he played some brilliant football but half the time he was isolated to make it work.

Milsom 5/10 - average, hardly any thrills and the highlights show that he deserved to walk.

Hewitt 6/10 - hes getting better and is doing more. i felt he played very well.

Alessandra 8/10 - classy play, he is looking like one of the best players now.

Stead 7/10 - fantastic again, people dont appreciate his effort as much as they should.

Hemmings 6/10 - just very hard working and pleased he scored.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

11 hours ago, Chris said:

I’ll have a glass

Archived