Huge fire at cattlemarket

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Hope no one is hurt.

It's a shame and quite alarming, yet at the same time it might regenerate a wasted area of land. You have to look at the positives here, hopefully nobody is hurt.

If it's been caused by neglect it needs sorting too.

Supporter+

The cattle market has been around a long time, when I was a lad I lived down Meadow Lane and the cattle market was just that, a market where they sold cattle and other livestock, they used to auction them it was fascinating to watch. Occasionally a cow or bull would escape and have to be rounded up again exciting for a young lad. There was also a slaughter house on County Road.

There was 1 report saying one person was injured in the fire and later died in hospital and the cafe owner said on her cctv there was a firework that went into the shutters where the mattress shop is and then smoke appeared, so i assume thats why the fire spread so much.

Supporter+
4 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

There was 1 report saying one person was injured in the fire and later died in hospital and the cafe owner said on her cctv there was a firework that went into the shutters where the mattress shop is and then smoke appeared, so i assume thats why the fire spread so much.

I sincerely hope the report is wrong and no one died. I believe the buildings were wooden which wouldn’t help.

3 people were arrested for surposedly firing fireworks at one of the units on a day it was shut so no one was around but they were caught on cctv in the area. I don't know how much of this has been correctly reported but it didn't look like an accident and it spread quite quickly so someone knew what they were doing.

I wondered what had caused the fire when I first heard, it sounded like someone had done it on purpose with the fact that fireworks was quickly mentioned. The guilty parties should be forced to visit burn victims and do community service where they should admit what they did was foolish.

Not much news apart from an update was made about whats been damaged. There has been several businesses affected. The council plan to get some storage units to replace the blocks so that the businesses affected can start to get back to normal but they'll have to find stock again.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, super_pie said:

I looked very bad

They showed a clip of the fire on the news tonight while @super_pie was at our house.Apparently  one of the businesses that suffered was reopening after being relocated.I don't have the details as I wasn't taking much notice till I heard the cattlemarket mentioned but think it may refer to Anchor Supplies.I understand 3 people have been detained and charged with 'firework arson'

8 minutes ago, super_ram said:

They showed a clip of the fire on the news tonight while @super_pie was at our house.Apparently  one of the businesses that suffered was reopening after being relocated.I don't have the details as I wasn't taking much notice till I heard the cattlemarket mentioned but think it may refer to Anchor Supplies.I understand 3 people have been detained and charged with 'firework arson'

If they did it I hope they throw away the key .. to destroy something that old and a landmark that's been around for years is so wrong. So if businesses are being relocated the chance of it no being rebuilt I would say is high 

9 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Have the council helped them by supplying storage units temporarily, if you know at all.

6 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Have the council helped them by supplying storage units temporarily, if you know at all.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/new-home-anchor-supplies-after-2248054

This from the Evening post

Archived