January Outgoings?

samwatto2008

Similar to @ARLukomski's but with a little more light shining on it. An article released yesterday inlcuding an interview with Neal Ardley about the January transfer window. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-boss-neal-ardley-2308069

He hints at the fact were without a current fit RB with Jamie Turley being forced to play out of position. He also goes on to say we have 5/6 CB's. This makes me feel as if he will look to offload a few defenders. Elliot Ward currently on a reported 3,500 a week with David Vaughan our highest earner at 5,000. 

For me as much as I like Elliot Ward he seems a logical choice to offload. If we need to free up wages then he is a good choice to offload. 

I disagree with peoples views on Vaughan I think he provides class and quality. We saw in both MK Dons and Mansfield that if given the opportunity he can rise to the occasion and provide some cut through passes to kill teams. 

Tootle is another player that I think we should let go. He's constantly in and out the team due to injury and I don't think his head is in the right frame at the moment to be even playing football. I haven't really seen him fit all year.

My Outgoings are as follows: Tootle, Ward, Duffy, Jones, Hewitt, 

Loans: Culverwell, Osbourne, Howes, Dunn, Etete

Cover: Hawkridge, Davies, Bird

I find it incredible the sums of money being banded about...for some of these so called players. 

I am surprised that Oxlade Chamberlain isnt on the prior lists. No fit recognised Right Back has been a problem all season and one of the weakest central midfields in recent memory...mind you as the years pass, my memory is not at its best. I agree with @samwatto2008 that Hewitt should be on the list

After Enzio, we have no wingersof real quality and not a tall ball heading #9, essential at this level

I hope Hardy still has deeper pockets...but I fear we might not to be able to release some of these highly paid non performers

It would probably be easier to say who would you keep in January? For me the only players over the age of twenty worth keeping at the moment are Stead, Hemmings, Alessandra, Dennis, Enzio, Turley and maybe Fitzsimons. Really poor pickings, especially when two of those are injured.

49 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

I m surprised that Oxlade Chamberlain isnt on the prior lists. No fit recognised Right Back has been a problem all season and one of the weakest central midfields in recent memory...mind you as the years pass, my memory is not at its best. I agree with @samwatto2008 that Hewitt should be on the list

He is only 19/20 I think, he was bought on a 3 year contract as a development player. We never officially got cover for Tootle. We partly bought him on the fact hes Alex Oxlade-Chambo's brother I reckon but he's a work in progress not the finished article.

Can I mention that all though we are eager to see Notts do well finish respectable it will be only January the more players we let go the more we need to bring in .. and the longer it will take to gell the team. A few departures I totally agree with one or two three at a push it will take more time to establish a team this season the magaraty of signings must be donw in the summer 

Duffy, Brisley, Vaughan, Milsom to go. But we still have to get over the fact that they are all contracted players, even Milsom there is agreement that a fee is due in January!

I am not suggesting getting rid of Fitz but a quality keeper would be my top priority, along with a new goalkeeping coach.

I would try Jones as a wing back as cover for Enzio (not a full back).

we were still humping the ball aimlessly on Saturday. We don’t have a proper target man so why do we persist with this folly but at least we didn’t throw the ball to the opposition at every throw in .

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I disagree with @Fozzy...Alessandra should go too ( both he and Thomas were relegated with Hartlepool, there is a real danger of completing a double with Notts

Harry Kewell blocked Lewis Alessandra from making a real impact as he found his form, having played some of his best football at Notts but it went down hill when Kewell felt he could make players perform out of position.

I would retain him, he's a useful player that can do well.

Otherwise I am not sure who I would want to see go, I don't think my wishes would come true anyway.

Archived