Alex May's consortium

ARLukomski

The Mirror's article is a rehash of this article, which was discussed here on PON weeks ago:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/south-african-consortium-move-closer-2788490

Tony Kenworthy's name can easily be found with a quick Google search - he was also reportedly part of the bid for Chesterfield. He crops up on this forum page from last year. The claim that a number of people involved in the bid for CFC have links to Reg Brealey worries me.

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=62133&st=260

Kenworthy used to play for Sheffield United when Reg Brealey was chairman. OK, so did plenty of others. They must have got on well, however, as Kenworthy was DOF at Grantham Town during Brealey's disastrous spell as "backer" there (as a bankrupt, Brealey wasn't a director himself) and was linked with Brealey's attempted takeovers at Morton and St Mirren.

The Viranis and Cygnet I couldn't find together with May. However, the founder and a current director of Cygnet (and presumably the father of the two men named by the Mirror), Nazmu Virani, spent time in prison for fraud in the 1990s for some rather creative accounting:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1577636/Cygnet-Proeprties-owned-by-former-BCCI-man-Nazmu-Virani-shows-first-profit.html

More interesting reading on Mr Virani:

http://fraudfocusinfo.blogspot.com/

Finally, the 170m quoted for properties brokered by May is chickenfeed in property development, especially in London.

I'd rather these people stay well away from our club. My hope is that the Mirror focused on the above people because their names were already in circulation, wheres the South Africans are not.

I've heard rumours that the takeover Alan Hardy has been referring to has failed to reach an agreement over the price. Several people told me this, however I take most things with a pinch of salt.

It wouldn't surprise me though, if Hardy refuses to budge on the price.

19 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Is ah still the owner of ilkeston town?

ah has not sold them and it does not sound like they are in any trouble. cant help but feel he should have focused solely on notts.

2 hours ago, liampie said:

ah has not sold them and it does not sound like they are in any trouble. cant help but feel he should have focused solely on notts.

Thats what i thought, they seem to be doing ok now he bought them. Obviously notts is a much bigger club but they were never in question when his business went into admin. He really shouldn't try n get so many businesses when he hasnt got loads of money.

I hope the South African people buy the club, appoint someone knowledgeable and focus on uniting fans. All this "All Notts Aren't We", the clubs riddled with people who want to have nothing to do with other groups or sets of face, they just cause trouble. It's time for togetherness.

Archived