Notts County winding-up order adjourned for third time

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,284
  • Days Won:  80

From BBC Sport:

Notts County, the world's oldest professional football club, have had a winding-up petition against them adjourned for a third time.

Notts, relegated from the Football League last season having been a founding member 130 years earlier, owe HM Revenue & Customs about £800,000.

The up-for-sale club will next appear in court on Wednesday, 31 July.

Buyers have three weeks to settle the debt, with the club otherwise facing administration or liquidation.

It is the third time in four months that Magpies owner Alan Hardy, who has endured recent financial troubles and seen one of his companies go into administration, has been given extra time to complete arrangements to sell the 157-year-old club.

Hardy had last week said he was "extremely confident" that a takeover of the National League club, who are yet to pay staff and player wages for June, would be completed before their latest High Court hearing.

The Professional Footballers' Association have also got involved over the delay in salary payments.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Reading the statement from Hardy I’m absolutely staggered that he still thinks the fans haven’t lost patience !!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

66395020_10162162510680014_5019493764478

Lawyers were able to "demonstrate" that the takeover of the club will soon be finalised. Thank you HMRC, but how did that work out last time?

Quit making claims, pretending that the deal is more advanced than it would seem and keep working hard on selling the club. I'm surprised he's ever been successful with the way he's dealing with this, those that say it's not through the lack of trying, perhaps he could cut out the lies and be honest for a chance. If I was going to buy the club, I'd be sceptical that he wasn't selling me a dead donkey or parrot.

monty python dead parrot GIF by Vulture.com

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Just hope it is finalised, I am in the mindset that if Alan Hardy provides an update on when it should be completed it won't. If he stays quiet, then it seems there might be more chance of the Danes taking control of the football club.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

we must have some luck because i swear hardy said proof had been given last time. i do not know why he seems to have the ability to drag it out, i do think it looks like he wants to hold onto the club when potential buyers who firstly put in an offer, end up listening to their lawyer about not placing an improved offer. how much does he want? if he wanted to sell, i would have thought he would set a ball park figure.

i worry that the danish people will want to keep him on as the chairman.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

It's just more stress for the fans, lets hope it is concluded in a positive way before the midway point.

From what I have heard they have been at Meadow Lane for the past few days holding talks, it sounds promising I think.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This will be the last time right? I believe the club wanted two weeks and ended up being given three by the judge. I think Alan Hardy can consider himself lucky, as I am doubtful regarding the Danish buyers being able to complete it in time.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

In a way the news is good, admin would've seen us start on -10 and god knows which vulture would've acquired us. However in terms of preparation for next season it’s pretty much a disaster. We still can’t make any signings, and if we are eventually able too how long will Neal Ardley have before the first game to get people in, a week, just days? Will they even be fit? The whole thing has been a mess…

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

@menzinho we have to hope the danes are actually very serious now, i am not so worried about admin. my worries are if people want to retain alan hardy as the chairman and what happens if no buyer comes forward. the points are not the issue with admin.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yeah, it was said that Notts asked for two weeks by the journalist I spoke with today. He seemed surprised if was even extended but said it must mean something should happen.

• Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

The delays are annoying, I’m young but Jesus AH can’t just sign those papers can he. Drag it out, drag it out.

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

as expected i guess, i just hope it doesnt need to be extended again and the club will finally be sold.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I think we can sigh a huge breath of relief here, I didn't expect any sort of extension and I just hope it's long enough to get this deal through.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

Thankfully it provides some additional time but the takeover must happen ASAP.

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

League needs to be taken out of that unfortunetly.

Archived