Football Manager

KB1862

@CliftonMagpie you should give it a try mate.

Yeah Declan Dunn and Dion Kelly Evans still very much part of the team in the Championship. Remaye Campbell came into his own first season was a goal machine tbf. Regan Booty also part of the squad but end of each season youth players get released and this gave me opportunities to sign a few from Premier League clubs but I'm a squad rotation manager. Enzio is the only ever present tbf. Absolute brilliant player.

I play Football Manager 2015, it's the last version which I actually enjoy from the series.

I tried 16/17 and 19 (the latter wasn't so bad).

The annoying thing is the slow down and the fact that nothing you change tactically would change the result, I lost every game as Arsenal on 2019 and I gave up. I believe it was a bug though, but I can't be bothered to give it another try.

On FM 2015, I took Hearts to the SPL title two years in the row.

I then saved Notts relegation from relegation from League One, taking them all the way to the Premier League. In the game save, they're one of the biggest clubs in the world. I fancied a challenge and a different league, so I switched to Real Madrid and I'm bored out of my mind now. I don't enjoy the Spanish league at all. I'm going to resign after my second season - I've won everything going between the various clubs.

@Chris some leagues are boring. The Spanish league doesn't have that competitive factor. The MLS is competitive, atm LA Galaxy are near the bottom. 

Football Manager 2010 is my favourite, since they added the advanced tactics and playing roles it's been hit and miss and you have to get them bang on to succeed. But the training is ridiculous compared to the older games like you say with the last of the best. 

I have my coach take training but I'm often having to interfere because they're training them against the way I play. 

Honestly though, the new database added to FM, which is another reason I started a new, is brilliant adds a new dynamic. It's worth purchasing. FM18 and, 19 I heard so much bad things about them but they must of rectified the bad for fm20. 

14 hours ago, Chris said:

I play Football Manager 2015, it's the last version which I actually enjoy from the series.

I tried 16/17 and 19 (the latter wasn't so bad).

The annoying thing is the slow down and the fact that nothing you change tactically would change the result, I lost every game as Arsenal on 2019 and I gave up. I believe it was a bug though, but I can't be bothered to give it another try.

On FM 2015, I took Hearts to the SPL title two years in the row.

I then saved Notts relegation from relegation from League One, taking them all the way to the Premier League. In the game save, they're one of the biggest clubs in the world. I fancied a challenge and a different league, so I switched to Real Madrid and I'm bored out of my mind now. I don't enjoy the Spanish league at all. I'm going to resign after my second season - I've won everything going between the various clubs.

Similar experience here. I played Champ Man from the off and moved to Footy Man with SI Games when the trademarking kicked off and they rebranded. I would have season upon season of progress.

The whole game went into total decline from around 2106. Tried to be far too complicated without having a positive effect on the game. 
Stopped playing it totally now, but as you say @Chris, if I do play it now the version I play would be 2015 or before. 
All the recent years ones, I do own in some way or another due to them appearing on things such as EA access or XBox game pass for PC, but whenever I’ve installed them, after half an hour I remove and change to an older version.

My gaming habits tend to work in blocks anyway. I’ll play city type builders for a while then move to XBox for Call of Duty etc... then onto the next block. I have a stack of ‘go to games’ that I always go back to eventually.

I spent far too much of my life playing Football Manager 2005, so last year I took the plunge and bought the 2019 version. I had a couple of successful seasons with Carlisle, winning promotion to League One, but drifted from it from a while.

Now that real football's on hold, I'm realising how much I think about football, about coming matches, what's going to happen and all the rest of it. Now there's a void, so I'm looking to FM to fill the void. So now I'm on a terrible run at Carlisle and I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll give up on them and join Notts instead :D

@DangerousSausage I started off at Orlando City won 3/4 cups. Now I'm Rangers manager, because the season in the MLS finished in November, I took over Rangers in February following a holiday. But I won the Scottish Cup and looking for a long first season as well as being Northern Ireland manager. 

I hear ya though, it take up a lot of time. My lads birthday tomorrow as well as Mother's day on Sunday so I'll be limited to game time. 

I haven't played for weeks, but the next chance I get I'll put some time to continuing my game save. I want to leave Real Madrid badly, as the Spanish league is so boring. I'm tempted to manage a League One or lower Championship team.

If you are playing, keep updating this topic with what's happening in your career.

Archived