PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

Game 3 - The Bees (H)

Team: Barnet

Date: 10/10/2020

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Potentially a different tough game at the weekend, It will be interesting to see if Ardley rests anyone.

Barnet are a good side, they're on the same amount of points as us and have won and lost their opening games. I can see this one ending up as a draw if I am honest, 2-2 would be my prediction. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Barnet were destroyed 5-1 at home by Eastleigh. They beat Dagenham 2-1 away, but Dagenham will be fighting relegation I reckon. Notts are better than Eastleigh IMO so I'd expect Notts to win. 3-1 to the Pies. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Barnet are a good side for sure, however, I think they've got a few difficulties going on behind the scenes.

They're a team well used to playing Notts.

Sometimes they play really well, other times not so good - sort of like a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde type team. We won't know which side has turned up until the 30th minute mark I suspect, if Notts doesn't start as slowly as they did on Tuesday night and, focus on getting comfortable with the ball. I feel confident that another good performance will follow, result wise it really does depend. I would like to see a few changes, mostly as means to protect some of the legs.

Roberts must start, it would be nice to see Enzio in but I feel we might not until we have another winger.

Is Neal Ardley intimidated about one or the other becoming injured?

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I watched the highlights of the Eastleigh game on the National League site (I was looking for ours v Dover but they never appeared). They actually knocked the ball around quite well and had some decent chances themselves but defensively they were all over the place, Eastleigh just kept chipping the ball in behind and they were so slow and useless dealing with it.

The pace and skill of Thomas, Roberts, Knowles and Enzio could really damage Barnet from what I've seen. I'd say don't panic to much about the patterns of play being perfect, instead focus on working on the runs in behind.

Barnet have had a lot of players leave them, I think they've pretty much got a whole new defence so it could be an ideal time to play them.

We're very strong at home and the players will feel better now they've got the first win on the board.

2-1 Notts... Roberts and Thomas to score.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Barnet are not a slow team by any means, they could be dangerous on the break. They've got a more attacking minded team IMO, I feel we need to throw ourselves at them. It could get feisty at times too.

Michael Doyle will have to behave himself.

If it doesn't end up with a few cards, I would be surprised.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I think notts will win but I'm not sure about the score I think it will at least be 2-1 but I think notts might score more than 2.

• Like 2

3-0 not even 30 minutes into the game!

As I was writing about it being 2-0, Enzio went on to score. Here comes another chance but Reeves couldn't get onto it.

Supporter+

Barnet are a poor side. Notts putting in a professional performance, dispatching them with ease. 6 or 7 would be nice!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

Half Time: Notts County 3 Barnet 1

Barnet scored towards the end of the first 45 minutes, which could be marked down to the players switching off somewhat. It doesn't take anything away from a fantastic first half, however, Notts must show composure in the second half, keep the ball and, get the job done.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Good piece of persistance from their centre forward to score for Barnet just before half time, but it's frustrating for us. For most of the match we've been so comfortable it's embarrasing - our front three have been able to do whatever they like, they couldn't live with us, and we've been able to turn it on with our passing game with very little pressure at all. But for the last ten minutes of the second half we relaxed and started coasting. Now they've got a little bit of hope. We need to focus again and finish the job.

• Like 2

Good performance from notts just switched off at the end of the half when we conceded from Barnet's first shot of the match.

Edited by super_pie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

very good first half, really impressed by notts.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  3

looks like easy game

Supporter+

Notts making us sweat! 3-2 now. Notts need to put their foot back on the pedal. Close the game out. 

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,304
  • Days Won:  69

Relax now folks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Supporter+

Happy with the response to Barnet's 2nd. Oh there's a 4th goal. Doyle seals the deal. Job done. We do need to keep it tighter at the back. 

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Happy with the win. Barnet didn't show up for the first half an hour nd we put them to the sword. Ultimately, that's why we won. Annoyed that we then relaxed let them back into the game, and we had an almighty wobble after their second, but we eventually started to dominate possession again and finished it off at the death.

That puts us fifth. Time to put Sutton in their place.

• Like 2

My thoughts;

Notts picked themselves up from the Tuesday night win, went straight for it and, I feel Barnet never quite played to the same level as to what Altrincham did. I mean, they caused us some problems towards the end but for me this was mostly our fault.

Kyle Wootton clearly looks to be enjoying his football, this is one of those important things which goes unnoticed by the majority of fans.

He always looks like someone who can get on the end of chances.

Once the first goal went in, Barnet sunk. Second goal sort of pulled the rug from under their feet and, we could've very easily killed the game off from there. The third goal, touch of magic, but defensively we pile on the pressure by backing off from dealing with the threat when it first develops. Overall, it's a very good performance and, Michael Doyle really helped to stop those final minute nerves. Once Barnet scored, they started to lift themselves and, they played much better in the second half.

Fantastic performance, so good to be able to watch the games live via streaming.

• Like 2

A good game although we let off the gas as we got to half time and they started to get back into it

11 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Relax now folks

tenor.gif?itemid=16995770

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

notts played very well again, there is a few moments which they should have been better but thiat is football. i thought the midfield did well at being the engine to drive forward chances, but they could have helped the defence out more especially with the two goals we conceded. their first was unlucky on our part but it shows why defenders need to be spread out.