Hardy on Ardley

Piethagoram

Alan Hardy

@Bigalanh5

·

I was immensely disappointed with the January transfer window. He arrived in November and had enough time to have assessed who he wanted. He had free reign and big budget. We got relegated 6 months after he arrived. More than enough time to have turned the team around

Quote Tweet

Chris Kew

@chriskew_1

Replying to @Bigalanh5

Thanks Alan. I’ve always felt it did have a part to play so interesting to hear otherwise. How would you surmise this situation? Lovely bloke but players not quite playing for him in a way that someone would for a Neil Warnock type character for example?

another tweet:

Alan Hardy

@Bigalanh5

·

It’s reassuring that there are some people who appreciate the bloody hard work I put in and the fact, ultimately, that Notts County cost me my marriage

35 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

No class at all. Alan Hardy bears a much larger part of the responsibility for our relegation than any of the three managers we had that season.

Another good reason not to use Twitter! 

In his case the moniker Twatter is more appropriate.

”Cost me my marriage.” Of course it did little Al. Nothing to do with you sending photos of your self in the bath to allegedly secretary.

Nothing to do with the rumours you liked to be “hands on” with certain staff members.

Desperate little look at me attempt there Hardy.

In my opinion: Neal Ardley was convinced to take the job by one person and one person alone, it appeared that Ardley wanted time out of football to be with his family but said person went out of his way in an attempt of desperation to save his own face rather than the clubs itself.

This doesn't mean I believe Ardley wasn't focused on the task at hand, but I feel in his heart he knew relegation was 99.9 likely to happen.

The squad had multiple factions within the dressing room, morale was down and some players simply did not care about what happened regardless of whoever came in. It's just convenient to blame Ardley for all of this.

Some of our own fans never accepted Ardley simply due to the fact he was in charge during this disaster and I honestly feel it's harsh, I doubt anyone would've kept us up. The damage seemed too large, the ship was sinking and it wasn't a slow demise - it was incredibly rapid if you look back reflecting on all the troubles.

Ardley was handed a bad deck of cards with limited chances of turning it around, whilst I thought his time here was at times disappointing - I acknowledge that this is mostly due to several factors and not all in relation to his own managerial abilities. What I will say, he gave us our club back. He installed that PRIDE we have missed for years and offered stability which means he left his position leaving the club in a much better position than most of our managers have arrived.

Archived