Connell stays

Piethagoram

its good that the club has extended his stay at meadow lane, i think connell rawlinson can be a vital part at the back but we need to get him to be calmer. i think he can play it out when the panic has not quite set in. very good defender for us.

4 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

IB mentioning him as the middle part of a back three is much more suitable to his attributes. Not great on the right but can provide cover there if needed. Good business all round.

This. It was obvious to a blind man he wasn’t suited nor comfortable on the outside of a 3.

As the dominating middle man, I’d expect no problem, just like when he’s in a 2.

Good business this for Notts. If Chicksen signs on as well, then imo, we have the first choice 3 sorted with Lacey, Rawlinson and Chicks.

Brindley as a backup possibly?

Still need more cover at CB though. Not a loan. Our own CB that is on a good development track that could step up when needed.

Great to have Connell commit after losing Reeves.

I think he will prove himself good in this formation IB favours, you need players who can adapt in games and once he knows his role he'll be fine.

Archived