Enzio Boldewijn

Jake Reeves

In

Cameron

Taylor

Francis

Palmer

Nemane

Therefore suggests 2 more signings, maybe from the trialists with us at the moment

Thinking out loud, I wouldnt be surprised if Sam's agent has been told to look for a new club and Lewis Knight to be loaned out, at least til Christmas

We can't compare the budget so much to last season, also there's little known as to how much the Reedtz brothers will invest personally themselves. They've got a manager in of their own liking, it seems they're giving Ian Burchnall freedom to add more depth in every area - something we have tended to fall back on.

Burchnall has spoken about looking to sign 2 more, that's a guarantee.

I still think we need another CM/CB, with a lot more piority going on another striker.

If Tyreace Palmer goes out on loan like he wishes, then I highly doubt we'll see either Elisha Sam or Lewis Knight go anywhere.

Damien McCrory is on trial with the club, I can see him being brought back into the squad.

Lamine Kaba-Sherif and Kyle Bennett seem almost certain deals as IB has mentioned that he's watching them in friendly games, he also alluded to one of them being a dead certain signing as he said they fit our style of play well and that they've discussed basic terms.

@Piethagoram didn't he say, that he would have to see more of McCrory before making a judgement call? I know he said that he hadn't seen much of him before the friendly against Coalville.

Kyle Bennett was mentioned by Portsmouth as linking up with Michael Doyle.

They could be jumping to conclusions but it sounds to me as if Burchnall is thinking of signing them [Sherif/Bennett].

12 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Super_Danny_Allsoppbut we have lost the parachute payments now... 

@upthepies IB said on Saturday, no plans for McCrory for a Notts contract.

"Lamine Kaba-Sherif and Kyle Bennett seem almost certain deals".... interesting thoughts but we hear Scott Boden on trial too

Can we afford all 3?

Very true, but I don't think the budget has decreased, or if it has, only marginally. As much as we like to think we got Nemane and Cameron because we're a bigger club with better facilities and a larger fan-base, the reality is that's a secondary consideration to the £ and maybe location. All of our signings are probably on decent whack, but largely on par (collectively) with those that left, IMO. 

Also the loans and wastage played a part last season to an inflated squad. I'm imagine Graham wasn't cheap wage-wise and he barely played before being recalled. Effiong would've been expensive. Knowles and Wolfe would've been the cheap, but the former wasn't up to standard and the latter never played.  Thomas spent half a year being paid for naff all and he's another 'outgoing' not factored in. 

11 hours ago, upthepies said:

I didn't catch anything about Damien McCrory but if he's ruled him out, I don't see the point in trialling him.

Other players could do with those game minutes.

Trialist by name; but I think the club's doing him a favour and helping him keep fit. Think IB mentioned that we were short on numbers the first week, so it was mutually beneficial. 

Like McCrory as a player, but we can't bank on his fitness and we are well covered in the positions he plays.

The season tickets will help, there aren't any teams in the National League that charge the amount per adult as Notts do. Its insanely loyal of fans not to demand cheaper tickets, so I hope sooner or later the club manages to repay the support by gaining promotion.

As fans we can only speculate, nobody knows how much Jake Bugg as paid for the away sponsorship or Cadbury's.

Nobody knows exactly what the current or renewal players are on.

Or, what the new signings have agreed in terms of wages.

The general season ticket sales will help create padding for the budget, I just hope to see at least 3 more signings. As we need a ST, MC, DC.

Archived