Should We Cash In On Bart?

Feral Fox

Sell Bart now?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sell Bart if a deemed good offer comes in?

• Sell him and use Spiess and use the cash to float the rest of the team?
    • Keep him. We need him to give us a chance of staying up!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

We might be left in a difficult situation come the next few weeks. Mac and Grealish return to parent clubs, leaving holes along side the holes already there.

Possibility of a bid coming in due to his exceptional form do you think?

Sell or keep - you decide!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I wouldn't.

However in League Two we wouldn't require two good keepers, so it's either Fab or Bart. I think Bart should attract good offers, as mentioned by Joe Jones in our Match Report. I'd personally only sell him for 500k+, I'd actually hope we can attract a figure around 750k but would leave room to negotiate. If we could get a few or even one good player thrown into the deal, it would make more attractive.

I have every faith in Fab's but he's not quite ready, I think with a solid defence we would be fine but if we had him in goal for this whole season.

We'd be rooted, I'm not saying this would be his fault but it's a lot of pressure for a young inexperienced keeper.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Selling him would be a signal of giving up. Without him, we'd probably be conceding an extra goal or two a game, and we'd be doomed. However, for the right offer (say 750k) then we could strengthen elsewhere. We would need another keeper though - Speiss and Pilkington ie a young, nervous keeper and a fortysomething who's only ever been designed as a back up, it just wouldn't cut it.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I would only sell him if a really good offer came in it would have to be more than 500k, if we do sell I hope the money is spent wisely.

It would be a big loss for us because he has kept us in the game on numerous occasions.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

John Gregory on the BBC after today's game:

"I have to say their goalkeeper played particularly well, he was outstanding. I think he's on loan from Southampton so I might be on the phone to them if we ever lose big Jonesy (Paul Jones)."

This comment p*ssed me off! Feels like tapping up to me. :mad:  I think we're going to struggle to keep Bart whatever happens, so I think we might be best trying to make as much money from his sale as we can. It's also worth pointing out what a brilliant signing he was though, and, if we can profit from his sale, what an astute investment too.

Just goes to show the caliber of the guy though, and that you can't keep a good man down. Good luck, Barty.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I think we need to keep hold of him. I am another who doesn't think Fabian is quite ready to be promoted to number one. Would he attract any offers if listed?

Having a back up goalkeeper even of that quality is quite a luxury, especially if we do not escape the dreaded drop.

There are others I believe we should transfer list ahead of either of them to be honest.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I want to keep him & think that we should be offering a new contract to him now. Only Bart will know if he wants to risk sitting on the bench at a club in a higher division.

Only time will tell if Fab is as good as Bart and do we have the luxury of time in our current position?  No 

I believe Bart's quality stands at 25 points a season to any club at our level, can we do without that?  No

Also is Fab able to play in the foreseeable future?  No because he has broken his hand

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

It is up to the coaching staff to decide if Fab is good enough to be no.1 in League Two. I seriously doubt Bart would want/ should be playing in L2. He definately has the ability to play in the Championship or upper L1 teams.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

No fan wants to see their better players leaving and Notts have lost  too many of their better players recently.I agree with @JoeJones.What kind of message does it send out to the fans? A lot depends on Bart himself though.

No fan wants to see their better players leaving and Notts have lost  too many of their better players recently.I agree with @JoeJones.What kind of message does it send out to the fans? A lot depends on Bart himself though.

The rumour i've heard is that Leicester City are after him, hence why their not renewing Kaspers contract, the move would suit Bart down to the ground as he wouldn't have to move his young family.

The rumour i've heard is that Leicester City are after him, hence why their not renewing Kaspers contract, the move would suit Bart down to the ground as he wouldn't have to move his young family.

Well said, I think Bart might surprise us by saying that he will give us another year. It depends how tempting any offers are to the club and him, I don't see him just leaving for the sake of it. Notts are the first team to stand by him, he's got a lot respect for us for this reason - Leicester would be a good move but I see Brummy, Wolves and perhaps united to show interest.

• Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

Whilst I would rather have a great striker than a great keeper, I am not convinced that the proceeds of Bart's sale would be re-used to improve the squad. It is for that reason that I would rather keep him.

It is fair to say that in Spiess we have a very good back up and I would not be sad to see him in goal.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Whilst I would rather have a great striker than a great keeper, I am not convinced that the proceeds of Bart's sale would be re-used to improve the squad. It is for that reason that I would rather keep him.

That's a very good point, a bird in the hand and all that, we know that Bart is a brilliant goalie but if we sell him and buy a striker will it work out, will the goals start pouring in? Also if we sell him would the money be used to strengthen the team at all or would it go to balancing the books? Leaving the team weaker.

I fear it would be used for the latter.

Dwindling attendances and the risk of going down will (I believe) see ray trying to recoup as much as possible. It may well be that Shaun has his hand forced. Who knows.

# There may be trouble ahead

My biggest struggle with this is the timing. Speiss is injured. Really that should be the end of it for me. While your natural number 2 is unavailable then you can't let Bart go. If Speiss recovers by the end of the window, then it might be worth considering if Ray was to come out and confirm that Shaun has the money to spend. If it is balancing the books, which I understand is a major issue at the moment, then on field we lose one of, if not the most, valuable player in black and white. (Or fluorescent yellow!)

I think it would be incredibly naive for us to expect any money from transfers to go completely back into the playing squad, Premiership clubs can't do it so there is no chance we can.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

We need to keep him and build but if a really good offer comes in,who knows ?

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

sorry its a case of selling and using the money to bring in quality for me, we need to remain a league one club. create a situation if possible, get teams out bidding each other. there must be proper interest in bart and we could use the money to boost the squad.

plenty of decent league one keepers, let him chase his dream.

i feel we hold him back.

sorry its a case of selling and using the money to bring in quality for me, we need to remain a league one club. create a situation if possible, get teams out bidding each other. there must be proper interest in bart and we could use the money to boost the squad.

plenty of decent league one keepers, let him chase his dream.

i feel we hold him back.

I agree that the need to remain a league one club is the biggest priority, if that means selling and using the money to support the club off the pitch then so be it, i just feel that if we sold him at this stage given that it would be Pilks as number 1 with no cover then we would be skating on very thin ice, just imagine if Pilks got injured and we had already used our allocation of loan deals and the league refused special dispensation to sign another keeper, who's in goal then?  Aileen??

I wouldn't say we hold him back, if anything we are the prefect showcase for his talents as we couldn't defend a kids sandcastle.

• Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  1

we should keep him. it would be definite relegation if we let him go.

we need his talent in the goal, as we are struggling with defense lately

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

In games like today, Bart was the difference between winning and allowing a side creep back into a game. Majority of league one level keepers would have let some of their attempts, Colin Slater had a couple of moments due to their efforts.

I would not sell Bart, I'd offer him a nice contract which would see a 3 year extension.

Get him and Liddle to sign it now Notts.

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

4 - sell, 10 - dont. interesting opinions so far, i think i would still sell him and hope we can get a keeper, along with improving the midfield and defence. other teams might not get through as easily as some do, just a thought?

I have to agree, that it is in front of Bart, where the problems lie and where we need to strengthen. Surely he must stay, I personally think he is worth 12-15 points a season.

I agree - Inexperienced would be a huge task, we need to see Fabs trialed better with a League Two team. I'm not against seeing him start against weaker sides but I wouldn't risk it against bigger clubs, as Bart really does impact games.

If Bart's supported in defense - He tends to keep clean sheets or is only beaten by the odd goal.

Earlier in the season I can remember comments on PoN's wall stating he should be sold because of his performances, it seemed a small section blamed Bart for the struggle but I think he's had his best season. He's been called upon far more this term, having to make saves and pushing to get the players fired up. He was very vocal yesterday, I actually thought it was funny when he kept yelling to Fotheringham 'Keep it on the floor' - 'On the floor, on the floor'. Somebody wanted to boot it every time the ball came near him!

Bart has grown alot in the last few games, really since SD and GA came in. Credit wheres its due and all that. Well done Bart and well done management team!

Fabs when fit would grow into the role, just not sure now would be the time to grow into it. Then again we might not have a chance to decide if Bart leaves. Pilks in goal to cover until his hand is fit.

Wow. Kev Pilkington in goal for Notts. Again!

Archived