Tiernan Brooks interview

Piethagoram

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I must say, he seems like a really nice lad. Interestingly, I had no idea that he had been a part of Sheffield Wednesday academy before joining our youth setup, and it was only recently that I learned that Mark Crossley was instrumental in convincing him to join us. I must say, he speaks exceptionally well for someone his age, and his openness is hard not to appreciate. It's always great to see young individuals who are talented, dedicated, and personable, and I have no doubt that he will go on to achieve great things in his career.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

after his debut, i hope we start to give him time to develop in our first team. im sure he can cover whilst slocombe is out, people say its a big risk but i think if wrexham becomes out of reach we should start giving him more time.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The future looks bright for Tiernan Brooks at Notts County if he remains focused, takes advantage of his opportunities, and remains ready to be called upon. As a young player, he has already shown potential and promise, and with the right support and guidance, he could become a good player for the team.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Some good comments by all on here.

Having seen him, in the last 2 seasons, pre-season friendlies, I think we do have a potential gem on our hands

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I actually thought highly of Max Culverwell, a good shot-stopper and just needed that experience. He's now at some club called Tadcaster, which I hope he manages to bounce back up the leagues.

As for Tiernan Brooks, I would say he's similar to Max.

Brooks has this level of quality about him, which if you see him warm up or train - you can see that he has something about himself. I've seen a few youth games, to which he did at times seem nervous, but he commands the area very well. That for me, would be one of his biggest attributes, because he doesn't stop giving out instructions. It's quite rare for a keeper of his age, but also a decent shot-stopper and all round keeper.

The problem lies with how much time we'll give him. I personally think if he's good enough to have a pro contract - we should have faith in playing him when Sam Slocombe is unable. The Norwich lad on loan looks about as useful as a chocolate tea cup. Bringing in someone after a good debut is such a negative thing to do, if a youth player can't step up when he's needed and can't be relied upon to help win games - it tells me that the club has no faith in him, and that they are unlikely to give him that experience.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I reckon Tiernan Brooks is gaining confidence, but he needs to work on his kicking during games, it could be better. However, it improved in the second half against Eastleigh. I can't help but root for him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It sounds like the lad has his head screwed on and is determined to succeed. I think that kind of hunger and confidence is necessary to thrive in any field. With time, his ability will only improve, and he will become more adept at managing his nerves. A debut is a significant moment for any young player, and I hope that he can use it as a springboard to push on and achieve even greater things. It's always inspiring to see young talent emerging, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Having seen Tiernan Brooks, I have high hopes that the club will realise they need not panic when a goalkeeper is injured and can rely on their existing options. After Brooks made his debut, I was surprised to hear talks of potentially signing another keeper. Why bother? He performed well, and even Archie Mair has demonstrated that he is capable of doing well.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I've seen Tiernan Brooks play for the youth team numerous times, and he has grown and matured. Out of all the youth keepers I've had the pleasure of watching in the last 10 years, Brooks is by far the most promising. It's rare to see such a young keeper with a good grasp of vocal commands and a talent for reading the game. Most young keepers are decent shot-stoppers and react well, but Brooks is on a different level and will only get better with experience.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

I had hoped to witness more of Tiernan Brooks on the pitch after Sam Slocombe sustained his injury. However, I believe that Luke Williams made the correct decision by excluding Brooks from the team since it would have been unfair to Archie Mair if he had been replaced once Brooks' international duties had come to an end.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have information regarding whether Brooks played for Ireland U21's team?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

With his focus intact, he has the potential for a bright career. It's my sincere hope that Notts County will provide him with more chances to play in the next season, as I don't believe we need to depend on the loan market for a goalkeeper. It's important that we cultivate young talent and give them the necessary support to develop their skills and reach their full potential.