Match Discussion: Game 42 - The Stones (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I couldn't be more thrilled with Notts County's 3-0 win that has taken us to the top of the National League! The team put on an outstanding performance, but I have to give a special shout-out to goalkeeper Archie Mair for keeping a clean sheet. His composure and concentration were crucial in securing this amazing result. Let's keep this momentum going, Magpies!

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

Despite knowing that Wealdstone were going through a bad patch, I still expected them to put up a good fight. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and their travelling fans were let down by their players' performance. Nevertheless, I'm happy for Archie Mair as he played well, and Frank Vincent and Jodi Jones made a great impact on the pitch. Winning 3-0 is a fantastic result and a much-needed boost for Notts County.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

None of our players played badly, but I thought some of theirs were terrible. I know they're part-timers, but it looked a lot worse than that. From poor touches, awful clearances to iffy passing, with how Notts attacked, it was easy to control them. I thought Archie Mair did well with the chances they had. To see him mug off their players multiple times was funny to see.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I read comments on social media on the official page(s) from fans suggesting we weren't the best or that Archie Mair is better than Sam Slocombe because he releases the ball quickly. It's quite concerning where some of these types of fans feel the need to creep out of the woodwork with their blatant disrespect towards the players.

I thought Archie did well; some of his kicking wasn't the best, but at times it did pay off. He looked comfortable with his touches, but when he did get called upon, his saves were less convincing. Nevertheless, he did well.

The outfield players did superbly well. They were very quick to win the ball back or deal with any threat. Defensively, they looked solid, and in attack, there was no messing about in terms of creating chances.

I thought Aaron Nemane did well. He doesn't get much praise at times, but he put in a good shift and was involved in some promising attacking moves.

It's important to remember that these players are professionals who work hard day in and day out to deliver results for the club and the fans. Criticism is part and parcel of football, but it's essential to keep it constructive and respectful. Overall, it was a great team performance, and the players should be proud of their efforts.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

At the start of the match, Sam Austin and Jodi Jones looked energised. Together with Aaron Nemane, they covered a lot of ground that Ruben Rodrigues would usually have covered. Despite being short on players, we still managed to secure a convincing win. It was a good call by Luke Williams to rest Ruben. Some comments before the game suggested that we would lose because of this decision. However, it's evident that those doubters were wrong. It was common sense that Ruben had limped off in the previous match and needed rest before the Wrexham game. It didn't appear to be a serious injury that would keep him out of a match.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  916
  • Days Won:  3

The current season has been truly remarkable. It never crossed my mind that Notts would have another opportunity to reach the top of the league following the defeat against Dagenham & Redbridge. It's a testament to just how outstanding this season has been, don't you think?

The execution of each goal was exceptional. I concur with the sentiments expressed by others before me that we could have easily scored three goals before half time and many more opportunities throughout the match.

I couldn't help but feel sympathetic towards Wealdstone. I don't believe they would have been as clumsy or played as poorly against other typical teams. It's just a reflection of the high level of proficiency among the teams in this league. However, given their current position, it's clear that the club is doing something right, and I must commend their goalkeeper for an excellent performance.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

Reportedly, Notts had 63.55% possession overall, with only 6.38 average shots on target. However, I perceived that Notts created several exceptional opportunities, and from what I can recall, the final score could have easily been around 5-0. It was a delight to see Richard Brindley return to the side. Although he didn't engage in the attacks as much, he proved to be dependable when called upon. The return of Brindley and Cadwyn Scott came at an opportune time, and they were both sorely missed from the line-up. If Luke Williams can make astute decisions, he might not have to worry about the playoffs. Nevertheless, I hope that we can avoid such a roll of the dice for our own sake, although I had believed that we had done so previously!

• Like 1