Mental health and German football

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i reached out to notts about chris during covid and all my emails were ignored, i felt a bit disappointed. jim o brien told me a few people, i tried them and eventually one replied. i think clubs need to support all fans of mental health equally. after @GrannyPies news, i worried chris would relapse and i am thankful for charlie who reached back to me,

what is being adapted in germany needs to be done across football, germany are well on the front of everything. credit to them.

• Love 2
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

It’s great to see that German football is taking a more proactive approach than just promoting a mental wellbeing charity. It’s important to go beyond that and for the clubs to be actively involved in supporting their fans, and vice versa. Mental health is a crucial issue and it’s encouraging to see the football community taking steps to address it.

@liampie At least you got there and persisted for your friend. I’m sure @Chris appreciates it, even if Notts doesn’t care about all of their fans. There are people here and around him that do care!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  0

Germany is active in sports and fan engagement. They do many things like affordable tickets and taking care of players. It’s great that this includes depression.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Days Won:  2

This is great! Football is for everyone. No team is more important than its supporters. A little kindness can make a big difference. I hope England does the same.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This is fantastic! Depression is terrible and while I don’t personally suffer from it, we all know people who do. Some of them are the kindest individuals with hearts of gold who deserve nothing but kindness. Having their club support them could be a great way to help them through it. Mental health needs more support in the UK.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

@liampie It's unfortunate that. Chris, has been considerate towards me and my family.

I believe that individuals suffering from depression require as much support as possible, as the world can be challenging. Football has the power to bring people together, which I think is a wonderful thing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  1

Mental health is a big issue in football for players, staff and fans. It’s encouraging to see efforts being made to overcome the stigma associated with it.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,505
  • Days Won:  287

There's been a push to overcome the stigma around mental health since the tragic death of Robert Enke, who was a national team player. Imagine if a current England player committed suicide. It would make shockwaves and really bring mental health to the forefront of people's minds. 

It's worth noting that the initiatives in the article are from fans' groups and not the clubs themselves (and of all fanbases, the one from St. Pauli is one of the most proactive). They really look after their own and try to give their fellow fans a lift during testing times. Fundraising campaigns for severely ill fans are commonplace here. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  916
  • Days Won:  3

I agree that more needs to be done in the UK and in football in general. Clubs can take their fans for granted and expect them to do a lot for them, but give little in return. I believe clubs should embrace their fans and treat everyone the same, with no exceptions. This would probably help people who are struggling.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's brilliant to see the fans in Germany being so supportive and their clubs potentially offering help in future. It's true that sports can really bring people together. It'd be lovely if UK clubs could do the same, but picturing Arsenal fans in a room might just end up like Arsenal Fan TV! It's still worth considering though, to boost unity among fans.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

German fans really know how to support each other, they're a great example of loyal supporters. It's really commendable how they take care of fans who are struggling with depression.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well we've seen the atmosphere of German football games, it makes you appreciate that all the more and to say they look after their own. It's something some of the Notts trolls could learn about, instead of trying to pick fights and resorting to being pathetic on social media. Mental illness is a serious issue, but sometimes it seems like people only offer support during times when it gains them recognition. Increasing awareness is crucial, but it's important to ensure that those who suffer from mental health issues receive the proper care and support they need.

I used to spend hours on Reddit talking to people in subs related to depression, suicide etc.

Supporting a football team is a great way to take a break from our daily lives. However, I know some fans that were really upset about our team getting relegated. They were concerned about the club's ability to recover from the drop, and it weighed heavily on their minds. I have always tried to support fans.