Josh Windass wins it for Wednesday

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Sometimes in a life of watching #Notts, you come across 2 outstanding players.... and in this particular case, it was a #Notts game at home v Accrington Stanley

https://www.transfermarkt.com/notts-county_accrington-stanley/index/spielbericht/2579518

The 2 players, Josh Windass who has just won the game at Wembley for Sheffield Wednesday, the other is Matt Crooks ( who was subsequently outstanding against Notts playing at Northampton)

Both players left Accrington for Glasgow Rangers

It's such a pity Guy Branston couldn't spot the talent at the time, whilst Moniz was manager

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Crooks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Windass

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

is that dean windass son? good to see wednesday go straight back up, they are too big for league one.

• Like 7

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@liampie Yes, it is his son. I believe Warnock tried to sign Dean Windass for Notts, when he was playing for Hull

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Josh windass looks like a decent player probably too good for league one so it's good him and Sheffield are going back up to the championship.

Edited by super_pie
  • Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

His dad was a die-hard Blade, yet his son is now a Wednesday hero! You couldn’t make this stuff up.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Well done to Sheffield Wednesday and Josh Windass; the better team won in the end. I wish the Owls well in the Championship. Your well-wishes paid off, @nightOWL; I’m pleased you’ve gone up.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

I'm glad the higher finishing League position got promoted,but how close to penalties and a possible different outcome?

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
8 hours ago, super_ram said:

I'm glad the higher finishing League position got promoted,but how close to penalties and a possible different outcome?

It was certainly a last gasp winner, as always in these situations you’ve got to feel a bit sorry for Barnsley they really battled hard after going down to 10 men early in the second half and were literally seconds from penalties.

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Josh Windass is a good player. He did well to win the game for Sheffield Wednesday. The owls showed a lot of fight and determination. I’m pleased for you, @nightOWL.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Josh Windass is a great player, much better than his dad. His father was a great goal scorer, but Josh seems all-round in his game. I’m pleased for him and Sheffield Wednesday for gaining promotion.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Congratulations are in order for Sheffield Wednesday and Josh Windass for achieving promotion. It is always pleasing to see a team return to a higher league, especially after a relatively short hiatus. Their success speaks volumes about the team's hard work and dedication, and it is commendable to see that their efforts have been rewarded with a promotion. With regards to Derby County, it would be fantastic for their supporters to see them go up in the next season @super_ram. While promotion is always a challenging goal to achieve, especially in competitive leagues, it is not beyond the realm of possibility with the right mindset, strategy, and team effort.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Josh Windass is a good player; I would say he's more of a midfielder than a striker, but he does well up top. It's just good to see him get on the ball deeper, like when Wayne Rooney dropped into midfield. I didn't realise he's 29! I thought he was younger. It was also interesting to see he started at Huddlesfield Town. No hint of Sheffield United!

Well done to Sheffield Wednesday for gaining promotion.

When we're in Skegness, we eat at a café run by a very friendly Sheffield Wednesday fan. He was gutted when they went down, but he's walking a few inches taller now! Also, in one of the arcades I bumped into a Luton fan who wished Notts well! He told me about them being a large amount of fans to Meadow Lane the season they went up from League Two. It's one of those seasons where fans are happy for each other.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Josh Windass but add things about his limit in the championship and congratulations to Sheffield Wednesday on their promotion”. Is that correct? If so, I can help you write a comment about Josh Windass and Sheffield Wednesday’s promotion to the Championship.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

I  want to thank you for your kind words and support for my team, who faced a tough challenge against Barnsley in the League One playoff final.

Barnsley were a formidable opponent and gave us a hard time throughout the match. They deserved to be in the final and I respect them for their performance. But I’m over the moon that Sheffield Wednesday managed to edge them out with a late goal and secure promotion to the Championship. It was a tense and exciting game, similar to the one Notts County had, and I’m glad we both came out on top.

Well done to both teams and their fans for making it a memorable season!

PS. Best wishes to you next season, @super_ram.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Josh Windass popped up at the right time to get the goal, I felt happy for Sheffield Wednesday. They’re a big club to be sitting in League One.