Booing the Knee

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

A bit of a bad taste in the mouth left by the handful of fans who booed and swore at the players for taking a knee before yesterday's game. OK; you wouldn't do it. But it's their choice. No reason to boo them.  Plus there were too few of you for anyone who wasn't near you to notice. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don’t know why people do that, there’s no need to boo at all, if they don’t agree fine it’s a free country but why boo and swear at players who’ve decided to do it?

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t see the point in taking the knee or booing. FIFA and the FA have both stated that there is no room for politics in football, yet they continue to allow it to be political. People just want to see football return to what it used to be, without political agendas. I didn’t boo, nor would I, but it needs to be stopped both ways.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

it needs to be phased out and more focus on kick it out given.

i did not boo but i heard it and whilst i dont agree with it, i do agree with @TheSkipper.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

FIFA and the FA have both stated that there is no room for politics in football

Which in itself is a joke. Sport is political, international sport more so. And no organisation is more political than those two.
I'm not going to criticise players for making that gesture, and respect their choice. Personally, I think it's now lost it's meaning; it's divisive and misunderstood.  So much water has gone under the bridge since it started in the NFL and passed over into other sport.  There is still a problem with racism in the game, and I agree that we should be more focused on supporting Kick It Out

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There was issues with England wearing their poppy armbands or even having anything printed on their shirts, it's time the nonsense ends both ways and people just try to live in peace. So many people have a cause to be angry about, but it just makes life more draining. Kick it out, have done fantastic work and this has kicked them to the curb. Nothing political should outweigh this type of genuine effort.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I was going to say the the same as @Fan of Big Tone, Theres no need to boo them... if you don't agree with it or like it just don't get involved and keep your mouth shut. Its over quite quickly and does your opinion really matter that much to cause upset or interuptions.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  8

Whilst there is no need for the reaction I personally think that sport is not the right place for it. We have politicians and media outlets for that. I watch football, not a political broadcast. Others feel differently and that's fine, I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't try to stop it. Free country, for now.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I don't believe it should have ever been allowed, as Kick it Out has served its purpose and if anything, taking the knee has ignited an opposite reaction because fans are weary of it. Nevertheless, there's no justification or tolerance for racism or any other misconduct. It's crucial to perform this ritual before every single match, so I'm relieved that I haven't observed its occurrence.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,726
  • Days Won:  27

Booing shouldn't be the response, but there's limited space for such matters, given the challenge of commemorating a fan's passing with collective approval. That's the stance some clubs have taken in the past.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

People need a reason to boo everything; it’s silly. If you don’t like it, just keep it to yourself. What harm does it do to not acknowledge something you don’t like?

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

I want to be mindful when saying this, but there’s no need for taking the knee to be happening in football. Georgios Katidis was rightly punished for making a political gesture which isn’t acceptable. I won’t say what, as most should know. The same happened to three Switzerland players, Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri. There have been others connected to religious beliefs and groups like the IRA. The Black Lives Matter movement is a political movement, all these examples are not about spreading awareness and are various levels of political statements. None of which are needed in the game, however, I wouldn’t boo anyone for taking the knee. I do wish it’s phased out of sports. Everyone should try harder to get along and be kinder to anyone regardless of their backgrounds.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Days Won:  2

Taking the knee doesn’t exactly show support. I fail to see how it’s a sign of support or respect; nobody is being knighted. There are far better ways to promote equality. The issue is, it’s not about that. It’s about being angry.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

It’s high time that everyone moves on from this issue, as there are numerous causes and initiatives that are productive and can bring about positive change. If anything, taking the knee has become a political gesture, which has sparked more controversy than it has promoted equality. It would be best to leave it to organisations such as Kick it Out to address these issues.

• Like 2