Peterborough United Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Interesting game, although one I cannot afford to attend. £28 seems quite the rip off (along with travel), they obviously felt that we would take more than some other clubs with us being local but will the price effect the good following we have been seeing?

Things aren't going all that well for the Posh, so there's something for us to gain by trying to go at them for the points.

Although yesterday they beat Tranmere 3-0, regardless it should be a good game and we have something to protect now. It will be important for us to at least come a way with a point but not a major set back if we don't. With the following fixtures for us being, Walsall (H), Preston (A), Coventry (H), Wolves (A) and Shrewsbury (H).

Some big games coming our way again, however we have the advantage with the majority due to being at home.

I would go to Peterborough hoping for a win, though I would settle for a draw. I don't think we will take 300 fans (credit to them if we do) and I think it's likely to result in a draw. COYP!

Thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

they are not unbeatable, people tend to over look sides like peterborough but they have so clear weaknesses. can we get the better of them? i dont see why not but i have a feeling that they will want to take their cup defeat out on someone.

really hope it is not us! 300+ i think should easily go.

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The next few matches are against teams up near the top so it will be a test as to how far we have come. We won't keep winning games we will lose some but if we can keep picking up points we might be ok.

I have a feeling Posh will be too strong for us on their home turf but who knows?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

As above. I think we will lose a few in the next few weeks and I fear one of these will be Tuesday night.  :shocked:

Good solid club that hasn't really pushed on over the years. Is Big Barry Fry still there?

Saying that brought back memories of him tearing up and down the sidelines.

Even worse that Sky documentary they filmed there with Ron Atkinson. Now that was funny to watch. Especially when the manager resigned in front of the cameras. :hyper:

Isn't Barry Fry now something to do with the board?

I hate how they call 'emselves the 'posh', if you speak to anyone of their fans they're far from it. Decent fans (the one's I've spoken to) but some have major ego's and I hope we can show them that Notts are still a battling side. Though, the days of thrashing them like a school boy teams seems long ago  now. :P

I'm sure he went into chief exec of something else like that. Wasn't their chairman a builder who had a few deals go wrong, when they thought it was going to be their 'munto'?

Character if nothing else!

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Interesting game, although one I cannot afford to attend. £28 seems quite the rip off (along with travel), they obviously felt that we would take more than some other clubs with us being local but will the price effect the good following we have been seeing?

Yes, I was considering the trip but £28 for third division football put me off.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

Grit, if grit we have, and the rub of the green, if rub we get, will see us get a point or three @posh.

Oh, and a half-decent ref, if any half-decent refs there are!

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I'm quietly confident. Our lads are as confident as they have been all season right now, and under Derry I dont think complacency will be a problem. We may be 16th but we could easily find ourselves back in the bottom 4 come the weekend if we suffer defeat. Peterborough are in a pretty poor run of form. They may have won 3-0 yesterday but with all due respect it was against Tranmere, a side whom they've already beaten 5-0 twice this season. If we go there and defend well as we have been recently there's no reason at all why we cant get a result. It'll be a game P'boro will be expected to win, and the longer the game remains level, the more the home fans will get on their manager and players backs and you know what that can do. The fans there aren't exacly cheery as of late.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

At meadow lane we almost won them, so I am pretty confident that under derry we could continue the recent found form. COYP!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I'm pretty confident as well, It's amazing what a bit of Confidence can do to a team. and as long as we keep clean sheets (Another 1 on Sat BTW) we'll be fine. 

Is it just me or has the defence come together like no other? Check out these stats: 

CK: Played 13 Goals Against 24

SD: Played 14 Goals Against 12 

Massive Massive Difference 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

A draw would be a great point for us, if we can keep this run going. I can see another couple of wins getting us relegated.

2 more wins in January = Manager of the Month for Derry = kiss of death = going down.

Derry will spark the play and combined it with the passion we've seen.

The squad appeared to be a unit after the game against Stevenage, they all looked very happy and genuine towards wanting to celebrate with us. I like that Derry's getting this commitment and how he brings us a step closer to the team.

With the big run of games, importantly at home. It's chance for the fans to get behind and try to help make a difference, I hope in our next home game we see the flag again and if we can get someone from Peterborough surely that warrants a bit more support from those who can afford to visit Meadow Lane? I realize not everyone can but those who would be here if we was chasing play-offs, could make so much difference now.

I'm going to say 2-2 for the score against the Posh.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

This is a test of how far we have come. We won't lose 4-1 like we did at home) but we won't get anything out of the game IMO. These games are just bonuses if we get anything. We need to beat the sides around us, which we are doing. 

Im going anyway, 36£ incl. travel.

You Pies!

HAHA!!! That didn't take long to change your mind SDA! Great to see you making the trip to back/support the team, sadly it would be far more for me because I don't usually go without @super_pie.

Enjoy the game!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

I have the day off 2morro so why not. Havn't been to a Tuesday game for years due to work. I dont ive in Notts so will have to travel there. Plus a bite to eat and a couple,of liquid refreshments Im expecting the bank balancemto be missing 100 quid come end of the night

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  916
  • Days Won:  3

I will be making the trip from Lambley with it being a local game I can drive to this one.

Peterborough will likely stuff us, we shall see. I just hope we get some value for the £28!!! I do think Campbell Ryce is due another goal and the young lad Murray might step up against them. 

I was probably going to stick with Uncle Colin anyway, but seeing £28 mentioned has convinced me!!!

Bring on Colin and his high dropping balls!

Well the games been given the green light - Haynes as been transfer listed.

I'm starting to wish I could go, though I can't justify it and I wouldn't really want to be by myself (despite going with a great/friendly group of fans). It's just not the same without Jakey. Still confident we can get something, I will be floating around site and eager to update the league table (hopefully with positive news). Match Chat will be my port of call, along with Uncle Colin.

@hissingdwarf @lambleypie @Dripsey3 @PTID1862 @Canadian @ivansneck @tonyhateley @liampie Will any of you be joining us for Match Day Chat here on PoN? I know some are regulars. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I just hope we can keep the good run going.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i might actually join the match chat, its been awhile.

peterborough fans seem very confident, a little smug if you ask me. i really hope we can get something!

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Not sure whether I will make it to the chat room but will definitely be keeping in touch with the game and keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a good result.

COME ON YOU PIES!!!!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I'll be listening(nervously) Peterborough's form has been iffy of late.If Notts can up the performance levels again at least a draw is possible.Good luck. :thumbsup:

Archived