Brennan Johnson

yelobeli

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

Good player. And a good (and necessary) signing for Spurs.  But £45 million? I don't see that.  This is not an anti-Forest post. I just don't get the economics of the top flight.

• Like 14

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Considering some of the prices for players like Rice and Caicedo which were super over-priced I don’t think the fee (in the current football market*) is that surprising.

He scored 8 goals for a team that last season struggled. Now he’s in a better team, no disrespect to Forest, there’s no reason why he couldn’t get 15 goals if he played regularly.

* I hate how we rationalise this – it’s just a way of accepting billionaires spending. So yeah in terms of not getting top flight economics, it’s in a real mess. Just looking at it from a real-life point of view it’s an obscene amount of money, only in football terms could 45 million pounds be spoken about like it’s a couple of hundred quid. At the end of the day they are just people who are good at football, I appreciate they are assets to clubs in same way stock is to a business but they shouldn’t be worth that much.

Something needs to be done about these constant increases, the Saudi investment is now taking everything to another level and it’s just going to spiral and get worse until someone (I’m looking at you FIFA/UEFA/The FA) steps in and starts putting proper salary and spending caps in place. I’d love it happen, but I’m sceptical it ever will.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 8
  • Love 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I watched a video on YouTube where Gary Linekar said he would be worth about £145m in today's money. 😂

Spurs are paying more due to his age, but it's inflated. Back when the Premier League was just starting out, his value would be no more than £2m. If I put a fairer price on the transfer fee, I would say around £15m. £45m is just inflated, but there's probably bonuses also which may make it even higher. I bet there is a sell-on clause. 

• Haha 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

Brennan Johnson isn’t worth more than £10m; he’s a decent young player but very overrated. Spurs have a habit of taking Forest players and bringing more out of them, but at that price, I am just not sure. I would rather have a Dele Alli type player.

• Like 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

It’s an inflated fee, but if he performs well and attracts interest from clubs such as Real Madrid or Bayern Munich in the future, the fee could be doubled. He’s young enough to improve further and by signing for Spurs, he should gain many more international caps for Wales. He should be a good signing, but fools always part with more money.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

Good signing, but it is silly money. Spurs could get two players for that and if they recruited well, they could make a bigger impact. They have spent a lot of money on one player who might not fit in their system or their league. I hope he does well, but fees like this are ruining the game. They create unrealistic expectations and pressure, and they widen the gap between the rich and the poor clubs.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

its just crazy, the over priced transfer fees is a joke but at least he had had a few good seasons since breaking into forests team. the chelsea signing from brighton takes the biscuit. spurs have got the better deal.

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

An example of hyper inflationary transfer fees at the moment . Macca could now be worth £10 million based on these silly prices

If the Saudi's come back to Liverpool with near £200m for Salah, Liverpool would surely take the money and run laughing all the way to the bank

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Brennan Johnson should do well with Spurs. I think if the club is prepared to pay the fee, they must see something special. They do have a history of signing the better prospects from Forest. I do think the fee is way too high, but clubs will always pay over the odds to get their targets.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

No way is Brennan Johnson worth that amount. It’s silly money. Forest always sell their better players and decline due to that. They throw twice as much into the transfer market themselves, hoping one of the signings will come good while having people on their books who don’t even start or take part in their match days.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  2

He’s a very good player, but unproven to a certain extent. He has burst into the Forest team and they suit his talent. I am not sure he is ready to help a team that is supposed to be chasing the top 4. Spurs can bring the best out of players, so I hope that’s the case.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

Given a six-year deal, it shows that they want to see their fee somewhat protected for the long term. However, if he doesn’t reach their heights, the fee will still be way over the market value. No wonder Forest snapped up their offer. You can’t blame them for taking the money, but Spurs are rather silly with some of their fees.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  213

Football is very inflated these days. I know some Notts fans thought we could sell Macaulay Langstaff for over £5 million. That would be over the odds, even though he had a great season last year. It’s just the way the transfer market is these days; when clubs don’t want to sell, they ask for more until they will part ways.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  373

Brennan Johnson isn’t good enough for the upper end of the Premier League. He’s a good player, but a lot of the praise is hyped. The amount of money Spurs paid is astronomical.

• Like 1