• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The signing of Dan Gosling is a clear sign of Notts County's ambition this season. He is a talented player with a proven track record at the highest levels of English football. He is also a leader, and he will be a good fit for the culture we are developing at the club.

Gosling is a versatile player who can play in a number of positions. He will add strength and depth to the squad, and we are confident that he will play a key role in helping us to achieve our goals this season. We are excited to have him on board, and we can't wait to see him in action.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

What a fantastic acquisition! This appears to be an excellent signing, was the concern necessary? If this works out, we’ll be in a good position. I’m absolutely thrilled with the signing. Despite being 33, he brings a wealth of experience and with his role further up, he should be similar to when we signed John Bostock last season. To some extent, even David McGoldrick. It’s a valuable addition, even if it’s just for a month.

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  372
  • Days Won:  0

In the world of football, we can't overstate the importance of leadership and experience. Take Dan Gosling, our recent signing, for example. His time at Bournemouth and Everton wasn't just a stint, it was a testament to his strength. He was the rock that brought stability and consistency to the teams. His tenacity never faltered, and his determination was unyielding. No matter what challenges were thrown his way, Gosling stood firm, a quality that is both commendable and inspiring.

Now, as we open our arms to welcome Gosling into the Notts County family, there's a buzz of anticipation and excitement in the air. Gosling isn't just a player; he's a symbol of perseverance, a trait that resonates with the spirit of our beloved club. His addition to our squad is more than just a new player on the team sheet. It's about bringing in a wealth of experience and a mindset geared towards victory. We're confident that Gosling's influence will ripple through the team, instilling a culture of resilience and determination. So here's to you, Dan. Welcome to the squad. We can't wait to start this journey with you.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a good signing, one which has the potential to be extended. It is very similar to John Bostock's arrival and if we can keep him it would help massively with losing Matt Palmer to injury. We'll have to see how he does, but he does bring a lot of quality, and it says a lot about our recruitment.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Wow, there’s a player I didn’t expect us to sign. It’s odd he wasn’t already with a club after his release from Watford given he’s played at such a high level all his career. I’m amazed he wasn't signed by another Championship or top League 1 club.

No doubting his quality, technically he’ll be absolutely fine. It’s just his fitness really and attitude to commit to the cause, this is where his career has led him and he’s got to not think he’s better than this level. Given he’s earned millions he doesn’t really need the money, so I’m optimistic that he’s here for the right reasons.

He'd have been on 5-figure weekly wages at Watford, he won't be on anywhere near that here, but I wonder if the deal is so short is because it’s all we can afford!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  130

Dan Gosling joining Notts County is great news! His Premier League and Championship experience will be a big boost for the team. He’s played 200 Premier League games, showing strong character and leadership. These qualities fit well with Notts County’s ethos. Gosling will not only strengthen our midfield but also lift the team’s spirits. His presence will inspire the younger players and push the team to perform their best. It’s an exciting time for Notts County fans!

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

I’m hopeful that the EFL will sanction this, as it could lead to an extension of his contract in January. This seems to be a prudent short-term signing, and if he proves his worth, we’re well-positioned to keep him at the club.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

This sounds very good, his pedigree is obvious and there's very little risk for us. Even if he just wants to put himself in the shop window until January, we'll benefit from that. Even if he doesn't see himself staying until after January (and he didn't rule it out), he's got plenty of motivation to impress if he wants to play in a higher league again.

The awkward bit is that he hasn't played a competitive match in a year, whereas we need someone who can come in and help us out right now. To be fair though, any free agent you bring in at this stage is going to be rusty. Hopefully he's fit and ready to go! 

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i think he will offer good cover, 2 months is long enough to see how he adapts to a return to football and allowing him to be the director in the centre of the park, its a bit less demanding than a player coming in who has to get to grips with a lot of movement, defending and going forward. i have every faith in his ability, he seems like a big signing for us and hopefully he proves this on the pitch.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

It’s a fantastic acquisition, and supporters shouldn’t pay too much attention to his brief appearance against Lincoln. While it’s nice to see him join from the bench, I suspect the reason we haven’t signed him for a longer period is due to squad size. I wonder if the club thought they had a better chance of approval for a two-month contract rather than for the entire season. It’s great to have Dan Gosling with us.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  210

This is a fantastic acquisition. His skills and experience will ensure we can continue to perform well, even in Matt Palmer’s absence. While I’ll be relieved when Palmer returns, I believe this is an excellent signing that demonstrates our dedication to maintaining a successful season. It could have easily not happened, or we could have ended up with another young player on loan who might not get much game time, with someone else providing cover for the rest of the season.