message to readers and inactive members of pon

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  224
  • Days Won:  1

I've said it before, I'm more interested in who is here and those who do care about the site. Casual users are great, and I'll treat everyone the same, but I do enjoy the regulars because it makes the community feel more than just an online forum. I'm not bothered if people read this and think, "What's the point in posting here?" as clearly those types don't understand.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  1

The present moment is what truly counts. If people return, that’s wonderful, but if they don’t, that’s fine too. As long as we maintain a friendly, engaging, and pleasant environment, new members will join and the site will thrive.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

On 04/12/2023 at 03:06, Alex said:

I really love the forums but unfortunately social platforms like Facebook and etc are killing the forums and communities like this. 
It’s hard and very important to keep it alive. In my opinion.

I think it's changed them. It is so quick and easy to post on Facebook, so a lot of ranty and moany comments posted a couple of minutes after the final whistle tend to get posted there rather than here. This is more of a place to write your thoughts once the dust has settled a bit.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  3

While I may not be as active as I once was, it doesn’t mean I value PON any less. I genuinely enjoy the site and the engagement it offers. It’s unfortunate when some lose their way, but this platform is meant for meaningful conversations and thoughtful posts that go beyond brief three to five-word replies.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

On 06/12/2023 at 15:06, Fan of Big Tone said:

@liampie My old Dad used to say “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink” in other words no matter how much coercing, begging, encouraging etc., you do people will make their own choices and we have to respect that, it’s a shame many old favourites have left but who knows one day they might return like I did. Meanwhile other new friends join us and they become regulars.

i know, we can only wish for some of them to show their faces again. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

Such is the nature of football, fans come and go. The crowd where I sit has changed significantly since I first started attending games, so it’s no surprise that PON has experienced similar changes. I hope the members who have left know they would be welcomed back and encouraged to share their thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

Joining has been a decision I’ve never regretted. If you’re a reader who isn’t a member yet, take a moment to participate and immerse yourself. This site is a fantastic resource for us Notts fans.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

Participate, share your thoughts, and enjoy the process. Why concentrate on Facebook when your comments don’t carry much weight? Here, your comments contribute to the discussion and are likely to outlive Facebook, where people’s contributions may eventually be forgotten. This platform is quite unique, but it only works if people post and engage.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

There are so many interesting opinions on PON, either recently posted or older posts.

I try to read quite a few posts from the past if I have time.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

PoN seems to be going through a bit of a lull at the moment, maybe it’s only normal during close season but I do miss some of the people who used to post regularly.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It's only natural that PON will have a bit of a lull in the Football off season but we do have the summer sports like Cricket, Tennis and the Olympics are to be held soon in Paris, so hopefully there will still be plenty of people visiting the site and some contribution from members too.

Might be a good time to update or start a blog too.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I'm still around, kind of. I've just had a bout of German relegation battle panic to deal with (thankfully averted), plus an upcoming job change and other stress. There are one or two things I want to post though! 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  36

Always really quiet this month on here until the summer signings start to come in, only Chesterfield appear to be moving in the market at the moment.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

Yes, it's never quite the same when Notts aren't playing but I've got a few topics I think I'll post over the summer that'll entice a few replies (or drive them further away as I try to just about connect them to Notts!)

• Like 2