Bolstering the defence

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,957
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was on the bus the other day and someone piped up “YOUPIES!” It was a Forest supporter who had spotted my Notts hat. He engaged me in conversation about Notts he seemed quite knowledgeable with regards the team and said we need to bolster the defence.

He mentioned two Forest players who are out of favour and not even training with the team after a fall out of some kind.

One was Worall and I think the other was McKenna he says they might want to get games and suggested Notts take them on loan, he reckons Forest would be happy and probably pay their wages.

I’m not sure they’d want to drop to league two but he reckoned they probably would to stay local and get games.

What do you reckon?

• Like 10

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It could tide them over until they know what's happening. Joe Worrall would be a fantastic addition, though I am not so sure about Scott McKenna. He really should be doing better for Forest and I think he wouldn't want to step down to our level. Worrall may, for the short term, as a way to get games and prove himself to Forest or at least Championship clubs that might be interested.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

I have no problems with Notts trying to loan some of Forest's underutilised players. I think it makes sense, but whether the club can persuade players to come here for a short stint is another question. Not everyone will feel that our level is where they should be, even temporarily.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

the reedtz brothers does seem to have a good relationship with clubs, so maybe they will enquire but i think we might not get any of the players who could easily play for a decent championship team not even on loan for a short time.

i could be wrong, but it just seems like forest might prefer to sell or loan them to a club higher up.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

Worrall recently signed a new contract and according to FM earns about £40,000. McKenna is on about £25,000 (I know it’s a game but they usually aren’t far off with these things).

Nice idea and I wouldn’t say no but they aren’t going to let them come here for free, nor can I see them dropping 3 divisions! I’d say we’ve got about 0.1% chance of either happening.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  1

While Harry Arter may not be on the same wage scale as some players, his salary would still be significant, and we managed to get him to drop to the National League. I don’t anticipate much coming from this, though. I would guess that the club inquired with Forest about their options before signing Ollie Tipton and Lewis Macari. However, circumstances can change.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Days Won:  2

I believe our chances of finishing first in the league at this point are slim. Much like signing of Forest's good unused players. We might attract a quality player from the Championship, but any available top-tier players will likely be in high demand, making it challenging for us to secure their services.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I wouldn’t turn down either, but I don’t think the odds are very high. I think Forest might not be too concerned about their wages now that they’re in the Premier League, but they would likely want to protect their valuable assets by not letting them drop too far down the league. I think there was more hope that someone would come in for Harry Arter towards the end of his playing career if he performed well with us.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I think it’s unlikely, but each player mentioned would easily improve us and would be a fantastic loan addition. I do agree, Forest will most likely want a portion of their wages paid. But then I can see the benefit of loaning out a player who is out of favour until the end of a season with a recall clause [yes this would upset us]. But it could see the player fight for his place or attract interest in a transfer come the new transfer window.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

Any opportunity that might have existed is now gone since they’ve dismissed their manager. Instead of loaning players, I think they’ll want to sell, which puts us out of the running. They might have a decent centre back in their reserves or U18s, but I believe we need someone with experience.

• Like 1