Alassana Jatta to Notts

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,488
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Social media saying that Notts are close to signing  6 ft 4 ins Gambian forward Alassana Jatta.

Would he be a good capture?

• Like 6

• Robbie changed the title to Allasana Jata to Notts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Given the rules on signing overseas players has been relaxed I wondered how long it would be until we found our next 'Rodrigues'. I think I speak for everyone on here though when I say I know absolutely nothing about him!

So he’s a striker from Gambia… Weirdly not the first one, anyone remember Demba-Nyren? (It’ll be buried memory and for good reason). I guess he can’t be as bad as he was… 😄

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

From the goal clip he looks capable, but if he's from a club connected to our owners - we haven't really won a race. It would always most likely favour us unless a club that were able to offer more swooped in for him. I can imagine we can pay better wages than most that would be looking at signing him, this is provided it's true that we are even in talks with him.

Plus the English leagues are somewhere players can get noticed and climb a little easier than elsewhere, so I think that aspects work in our favour.

I'm not against this, I do think we need a bit of options in this department.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I’m not familiar with him, but he seems fast and scored that goal nicely. The problem is, Elisha Sam appeared strong but didn’t do much apart from a few amazing goals. Jata might be a different kind of signing, we’ll have to wait and see. I’ve liked how we’ve been scouting the National League for potential strikers. Sometimes the options there are limited, so I guess we’re thinking outside the box.

• Like 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  2

He looks promising. It would be good to have someone who could take on players. Does anyone know much about him? It would be better if he could play in different positions instead of just one.

• Like 4

Supporter+

What follows is a link to his wiki profile.

He joined Viborg in 2019. He signed a four year contract with them .He's scored 15 goals for Viborg in 95 appearances up to 14/12/23 when last updated on wiki.

He's tall so could be useful for us at set pieces either in attack or defending. He looks like he has some pace too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alassana_Jatta

• Like 3

• Robbie changed the title to Alassana Jata to Notts?

• Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

No idea of the standard of the superliga but it must be fairly decent as Viborg have played West Ham twice this season and “only” lost 3-0 & 3-1, plus they beat Copenhagen who are often the champions league.

The guys not prolific, 1 goal in 13 appearances so far this season, but no idea as to how many as a sub.

We need another striker and he looks different to anybody else in the squad, so probably worth a risk.

• Like 4

• Robbie changed the title to Alassana Jatta to Notts?

Supporter+

More footage of Jatta in action for his club He does look a real handful.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  502

18 hours ago, Robbie said:

Social media saying that Notts are close to signing  6 ft 4 ins Gambian forward Alassana Jatta.

Would he be a good capture?

He wouldn't have scored that against Barrow, he would have been scythed down way before he got close.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

@Ohh Tommy Johnson Too right he would.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i was hoping that he might be comfortable playing as a secondary striker, but it looks like we might just play him similar sam austin or most likely a wing back. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alassana-jatta/profil/spieler/631704

his main position seems to be a striker but nobody will nudge macaulay langstaff from the top and we only play one striker. so it would have made more sense to sign someone who can play a bit deeper like david mcgoldrick. i am obviously assuming its true and that we will sign him.

• Like 4

Supporter+

@liampie I wouldn't like us to keep sticking him on the bench if we sign him. I think that we should look to fit some players to the type of opposition we are playing and treat each match on its own, that is where the squad system comes in. 

Notts have always had problems with teams that go direct or rely on dead ball situations, long throw ins etc. Having a lanky tall player to come in and join Jaden in the side as for example a wing back, who is tall too, & can score  goals, could work very well for us.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  502

If he's going on the wing he would need to be special to push Jones or Nemane out.  I have no problem with them (whoever) sitting on the bench and letting them fight for a place.  It also takes time to fit into our patterns.  Williams and, it seems, Maynard are very detailed and I can imagine the players are drilled endlessly in patterns and so on.  It isn't easy to walk into the first team in that situation.  Look at Bostock, Jones and now Robertson non of whom have hit the floor running, took a few weeks to get into the team and then took a while to show what they can do (assuming Robertson does so).  Regardless of whether they go straight into the side or not, they should strengthen the squad; more competition for places, more competitive training etc etc.  Let's see what happens.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Ohh Tommy Johnson I agree. If we do manage to acquire Jatta I wouldn't expect him to walk into the side, but he is pacey, and looks very strong and lanky. They say that although he's tall he's not great in the air but quite good at linking up play, and he likes to assist in defense, so a role as wing back or what Didzy does for us is possibly what Stuart would be looking for him to do for Notts. And, of Course he could be a striker for us in Langstaff's absence.

So he could play in a few positions for us.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

@Ohh Tommy Johnson @Robbie  adebayo-rowling looked good going forward towards the end of the williams era, but even he seems to be unlikely to start. i dont think jatta should play as a wing back but if he is a forward who can play as a striker or on either side, it would suggest he may fall into the wing back category. thats why i think its a shame that he does not play as a secondary striker or someone who plays a bit deeper.

the signing could very well see him being a bench player, as macaulay langstaff wont be dropped.

i would rather us sign players who can come straight in but we have the issue that some of our squad are very unlikely to be dropped. junior morias should be ahead of any new signings in the forward department if fit. 

• Like 2

Supporter+

I get your point @liampie 

I think that we have to underline what happened under Luke & look forward to what happens now under Stuart Maynard. A new Management team bring new ideas, a new approach, a different way of working, and another alternative to how we shape up, play and which players are a best fit in that new model.

So I don't think that any of the players can say for absolute certain that they are secure in place, match after match. 

Apparently according to Tom Williams on X, Jatta is a facilitator that brings other players into play by good link up play, & Tim believes Jatta's strongest attributes is his pace, work rate and link up play.

So Jatta could have a role to play in our side depending on the type of opposition too.

I agree that he may not get into the side immediately, but he will be on the bench if he comes too Notts.

• Like 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I've seen bits about this guy floating around social media and he could offer something to the team with the parts that I have read about him.

The main question is how different leagues, styles and players around him could play a part. I don't know much about the Danish League personally so I don't know if the pace is the same, slower or quicker than that of League Two or whether it's as physical.

However, I trust the owners enough to think that he could be a good addition to the squad even if that means him being in there to boost squad depth. 

It looks likely he's going to join us given the connections of the owners.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

We'll see if there's anything in this, or if someone has just joined the dots with our owners.

We could do with another option up top, but as @liampie says, whoever comes in will probably start from the bench most games. That in turn makes us less attractive for potential signings, so I doubt we'll get a "marquee" signing in that area. We'll know soon enough!

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Plenty of possession, need someone to put the ball in the onion bag. Hope he's the answer

• Like 1

Supporter+
2 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

We'll see if there's anything in this, or if someone has just joined the dots with our owners.

We could do with another option up top, but as @liampie says, whoever comes in will probably start from the bench most games. That in turn makes us less attractive for potential signings, so I doubt we'll get a "marquee" signing in that area. We'll know soon enough!

He looks a totally different player to Macaulay so he will give us other options if he comes here.

• Robbie changed the title to Alassana Jatta to Notts

Supporter+

Fantastic news tonight for Notts.

Alassana Jatta joins Notts subject to international clearance and visa approval.

• 2 weeks later...

Supporter+

It appears that Notts are still waiting for Jatta to get his immigration clearance.

It would be great to have him available asap, because he could be a new addition to the side that would prove very awkward for opponents, his hight, pace, and strength would give Notts an extra dimension, which is really needed at this time.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Is he any good at centre half?

• Haha 2

• Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

18 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Is he any good at centre half?

He can’t play centre half as he’s earmarked to play in goal!

• Haha 2