Rumour that Charlie Colkett is injured already?

Chris

One of the few rumours I heard on Friday is that. Charlie Colkett the player we signed on loan from Crewe, has become injured. Has anyone else heard this?

He hasn't seemed to play much football for Crewe, so I am more inclined to believe he's not quite ready for football due to his match fitness. I haven't really heard much else about him and I have trawled through online to see if this has been mentioned on social media - if it has, I haven't seen it.

• Like 4

Not in the squad tonight, maybe because he’s not match fit yet, but you would think with seven subs we would be able to find a space for him. 

If he isn’t fit, it would prove to be a shambolic signing.

• Like 4

I think if he was injured the club would probably keep it quiet. Given his previous injury history the reaction it would receive wouldn't do anyone any favours.

That said I've not heard/seen anything, he has only played like one game this season so I'd be more inclined to think he's just not "match-fit". If he's not on the bench in the next couple of games I'd be worried.

• Like 5

@Fozzy: You would believe that he would make the bench, you can't get match fit without playing games. Training just isn't the same, it does help, but you can't compare actual competitive football.

It's a strange one at the very least.

Much like all the injuries that Will Randall, Junior Morias repeatedly get. When we need a bit of a change, they're nowhere near the first team. Morias did well, I felt when he was given a chance to come on. It's probably nothing, but it does start to feel like we don't want to play certain players.

• Like 4

So I had another look at the stream this evening cos I wanted to see some little bits of action again and I noticed at the start of the stream ifollow had footage of all the Notts players getting off the bus and one of them was Charlie, he wasn’t hobbling nor was he on crutches! They certainly wouldn’t bother taking an injured player down to Newport would they? I'm pretty sure clubs take spare players just in case you get a freak injury during the warm-up...

• Like 5

Good spot @menzinho, let’s hope he is fit and can play an active role soon. The last thing we need is for another Randall, who seems to be more interested in posting images of him and his Mrs shopping trips on their instagram account rather than actually making a positive contribution to the team.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, menzinho said:

So I had another look at the stream this evening cos I wanted to see some little bits of action again and I noticed at the start of the stream ifollow had footage of all the Notts players getting off the bus and one of them was Charlie, he wasn’t hobbling nor was he on crutches! They certainly wouldn’t bother taking an injured player down to Newport would they? I'm pretty sure clubs take spare players just in case you get a freak injury during the warm-up...

Considered a private investigator career? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Considered a private investigator career? 

Haha, I think I’d struggle if I had to rely on CCTV though, I’d need professional quality footage!

Maybe I’ll try and track Will Randall down next, some good info from @Fozzy about him spending his time at shopping centres, I already know the best time to look for him would be at 3pm on a Saturday…

• Haha 5

Supporter+

I think he came on as a sub at Wrexham.

• Like 1

@Fan of Big Tone: 82nd minute, so it must be match fitness or extended time to allow him to settle into our way/tactics.

Not a lot to go on in terms of how he did, but I am curious about seeing how he slots into our system. I doubt he'll be starting on Saturday but if he's on the bench, maybe just maybe he'll get a bit more of a glimpse.

• Like 4